Return from the Different Dimension Errata Idea

Ultimagamer

Given that soul charge is limited, I've always thought that it would be interesting to see Return come back as well, seeing as how it is pretty similar in that aspect

ORIGINAL

Pay half your Life Points; Special Summon as many of your banished monsters as possible. During the End Phase, banish all monsters that were Special Summoned by this effect.

ERRATA

Target any number of your banished monsters; Special Summon them, and if you do, you lose 1000 LP for each monster Special Summoned by this effect. You cannot declare an attack with the monsters summoned by this effect. During the End Phase, banish all monsters that were Special Summoned by this effect. You can only activate 1 "Return from the Different Dimension" per turn.

Tbh Return from a Different Dimension could probably just come back into the game as it is, but if you do it that way it could probably come back and be run at 2. I do think Konami wants to keep Special Summoning banished generic monsters at a minimum though, since that means they have more room to work in when making archetypes.

You really should just make your own cards though. Feel like you have good enough ideas that they deserve cards in themselves.

I feel that your idea is a start, but one important component of OCG/TCG soul charge is that it skips the entire battle phase. Therefore even if you use all the monsters you summon as materials for other summons you still can't OTK via battling that turn. Otherwise it looks like an improvement, You could possibly drop the banish all the summoned monsters in the end phase part if you take my other suggestion.

I feel that your idea is a start, but one important component of OCG/TCG soul charge is that it skips the entire battle phase. Therefore even if you use all the monsters you summon as materials for other summons you still can't OTK via battling that turn. Otherwise it looks like an improvement, You could possibly drop the banish all the summoned monsters in the end phase part if you take my other suggestion.

I decided to keep in the banish all during the end phase and only restrict the summoned monsters from attacking due to the card being a trap. Since it is one, it is inherently slower than soul charge, given that you have to set it for a turn, hope it doesn't get destroyed early, then use it during your turn without it being negated. It could definitely get the soul charge style even more though if that would be better for it 

Archived