Generic Umi Support

Armoire

So I've been playing a Legendary Fisherman deck lately for the first time with the new support it received recently. I felt like it had a lot of potential. but had a bit of speed and recovery issues.

I made these cards to search cards out faster in the deck, monsters and spells/traps alike, and made them be able to recover the mentioned cards; along the process, I figured instead of helping out just Legendary Fisherman, what about Umi residents as a whole?

The effects should be self-explanatory since they're pretty simple and to the point, but are very effective.

I'm going to make a new "Umi" Field Spell as well that acts as an improved The Legendary Ocean that I'll add in the post. But for now... Added.

Here are two upgrades to Warrior of Atlantis (Sea-Serpent so Atlantean Dragoon can search them) and a new Umi:

e9YTo6X.png

[spoiler=Lore]

You can discard this card; Special Summon or add to to your hand 1 monster that specifically lists the card "Umi" in its text. You can banish this card from your GY: Special Summon 1 Level 5 or higher 1 WATER monster from your GY. You can only use each effect of "Stalwart of Atlantis" once per turn.

Can search for cards like Phantasm Spiral Dragon, Legendary Fisherman I, Legendary Fisherman II, Daedalus, Neo-Daedalus, Codarus, and many others.

Can also revive them from the Graveyard.

ehp2MaW.png

[spoiler=Lore]You can discard this card; add 1 Spell/Trap Card that specifically lists the card "Umi" in its text from your Deck to your hand. You can banish this card from your GY; activate 1 Spell/Trap Card that specifically lists "Umi" in its text from your GY. You can only use each effect of "Champion of Atlantis" once per turn.

I personally like this one better than the other because it makes cards like Sea Stealth Attack and Tornado Wall that require Umi live more often and quickly. Note that this card cannot search Umi (and I'm assuming cards that are treated as "Umi", like The Legendary Ocean/Lemuria/Pacifis? Would like some clarification.).

NJOa37i.png

[spoiler=Lore](This card's name is always treated as "Umi".)
All WATER monsters gain 200 ATK and DEF. Reduce the Level of all WATER monsters in both players' hands and on the field by 1. If this card is sent to the GY and you have no cards in your Field Zone: During the End Phase, you can place this card from your GY to the Field Zone.

This is an Umi that makes sure it stays on the field. It enables monsters to use their abilities to rid of the field spell without having to draw into another.

In a way, this Umi is also faster because you can be 100% sure it will hit the field when milled/discarded (i.e. Foolish Burial Goods).

I set the return during the End Phase to prevent it from any likely loops (since it's not OPT) and so that it can't be exploited. 

Downside is that it cannot come back from the GY until the EP, which gives your opponent ample time to run over monsters who are vulnerable without Umi/banish or return Umi to the Deck from the GY.

Flavor-wise, my mentality was a bit symbolic:
Think of Neo-Daedalus sending the whole ocean to destroy everything (aka his effect of sending Umi to send all cards to the GY). Then once things have settled, the ocean resets and settles. The returning part of this card is the settling part. 

This is pretty neat. A lot of the cards that involve Umi in their effect don't do a whole lot. These bring more consistency to those cards and the Field Spell Cards that are treated as Umi. Mu's pretty bland, but at least it can return, assuring that the cards that revolve around it don't fall flat. Stalwart can even be added by Salvage. Though, you should either bring down Champion's ATK to 1900 or give it a condition that decreases how much damage your opponent takes from it, as typically the only Level 4 monsters to have 2000 ATK with none of those inhibitions are Normal monsters. Overall, very solid adding effects, and even effects that can activate in the Graveyard!

Well done!

Archived