The Legendary Orca (Help, I'm obsessed with Mako)

Armoire

qFu3Om9.png

[spoiler=Lore]This card's name becomes "The Legendary Fisherman" while on the field or in the GY. If "Umi" is face-up on the field, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can tribute this card to add 1 "The Legendary Fisherman" monster from your Deck to your hand. If this card is in your Graveyard and you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card. You can only use each effect of "The Legendary Orca" once per turn.

[spoiler=Original]wWtj1sF.png

[spoiler=Lore]If "Umi" is face-up on the field, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can tribute this card to activate one of these effects;
●Special Summon 1 "The Legendary Fisherman" monster from your Deck.
●Add 1 "The Legendary Fisherman" monster from your Deck to your hand.
You can only use this effect of "The Legendary Orca" once per turn. If a "The Legendary Fisherman" monster you control is targeted by a card effect: You can banish this card from your GY; negate that effect.

Just a searcher for the Legendary Fishermen (1-3), depending on which one you need.

Special Summon with Umi so you can search it then summon it right after.

The last part of the effect is to plug the gap on The Legendary Fisherman III's protection (monster effects that don't destroy--they usually target).

Not really anything fancy, but it should make Legendary Fisherman decks leagues more consistent. 

A tad fancier now. It's treated as a Legendary Fisherman (for tribute to summon TLF3).

It has a versatile revive effect:

• Synchro shenanigans.
  • In the event there is no "Umi" on the field and you need tribute fodder for your LV5 monsters.
  • Fodder for the Whale that searches Sea Stealth Attack.
  • Link shenanigans.
  • Repeated TLF3, provided you have more than 1 copy in your hand. This remedies the dead TLF3 you draw often into by being able to SS it whenever.

Other thoughts: 

After Eshai's input, I kind of wanted to overhaul the card, name it "The Legendary Fisherman Jr." or something similar, and change it into a LV3 Warrior-Type monster.

However, I decided to keep it the same as to stay consistent with the title and not have a completely different card than expected when people click on it.

Sorry for all the retrain spam recently. Especially the Umi ones.

I'm almost done riding the hype from the upcoming legacy support, I promise!

Pretty simple and straightforward. Special Summon II or add to your hand 3, although I do think it's a bit dangerous give an invincible monster that's also a walking banishing version of Raigeki searching power.

If you're making more support, another Umi that supports these cards might be helpful, although personally, I would make a Level 4 Legendary Fisherman that does something more interesting than simply banishing, Special Summoning, and being unaffected by things. I feel the cards have enough of that and probably need something more gimmicky.

Pretty simple and straightforward. Special Summon II or add to your hand 3, although I do think it's a bit dangerous give an invincible monster that's also a walking banishing version of Raigeki searching power.

If you're making more support, another Umi that supports these cards might be helpful, although personally, I would make a Level 4 Legendary Fisherman that does something more interesting than simply banishing, Special Summoning, and being unaffected by things. I feel the cards have enough of that and probably need something more gimmicky.

You make a good point about a searchable, invincible, Raigeki. And yeah, I felt the effect was pretty boring too.

I'll change its effect into... something. Sometime soon.

Still a bit boring as an effect (simple search and SS), but can lead to very interesting combos and interactions for the deck. Thanks, Eishi!

As for another Umi, I did make some general Umi support cards right before this one.

Archived