[Leaderboard] - Abdelrahman vs BDS (Cards are uploaded)

Abdelrahman

Rules:

All Leaderboard rules apply.

First to 3 votes or most votes by deadline wins.

All voters must elaborate on their votes, or else the vote will be rejected.

Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.

Card C votes are allowed in case the voter thinks both cards don't deserve a vote, but must elaborate on why he/she thinks so.

Cards must be PM'd to me.

Cards will be converted to written format, for anonymity.

In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:

The deadline for cards is 48 hours (2 days) after the challenge has been accepted.

The deadline for votes is 72 hours (3 days) after cards have been posted.

In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-served between the previous challengers and new submissions.

Requirements:

Challenger's choice.

[spoiler=Card A]Concealed Charity

Quick-Play Spell

If you Set a monster(s) to the field, or if you Special Summon a monster(s) to the field in face-down Defense Position: Add the bottom card of your Deck to your hand, then you can Special Summon 1 monster from your hand in face-down Defense Position, and if you do, draw 1 card, plus 1 more card if the Summoned monster's Level is equal to the number of Set cards on the field. You cannot draw cards, except during the Draw Phase or by this card's effect, during the turn you activate this card. You can only activate 1 "Concealed Charity" per turn.

[spoiler=Card B]Lucky Discovery

Normal Spell

Reveal the top card of your opponent's Deck; apply 1 of the following effects, depending on the type of the revealed card.

• Monster: Draw 1 card, then lose 1000 LP.

• Spell: Your opponent draws 1 card.

• Trap: Draw 2 cards, then banish 1 card from your hand.

You can only activate 1 "Lucky Discovery" per turn.

Alright, I might as well finish it up (well, considering I have time unlike earlier when I had limitations due to before-class break).

Card A

Well, it's a possible +3 draw (adding bottom card, the draw from summoning and additional one if the Level = the number of Set cards), but in most cases, it's a +2. I mean, I guess 'dolls and Subterror would appreciate the help a bit, though it's still going to highly benefit you either way and kinda iffy about it. That being said, it does cut off Beast's draw effect (and thus its other effect to set up stuff), but...that's what you get. Same goes for other Decks (idk, Subterrors are the only other Deck that's really competent nowadays; think they can probably do something considering their whole summon mechanic and all, then get the added draw). 

Card B

This one is technically fine. Most of the time, it's probably going to be a monster, so draw and take burn damage. Trap effect is essentially a gimmick version of Common Charity, Cards for Black Feathers and the associated equivalents (Sword of 7 Stars, etc). The Spell one is the drawback one that gives opponent a free card and you waste your time for the most part. Though to be fair, I guess you could try using Convulsion / SPYRALs to limit the amount of backfiring this gets you, so...

====

I'm just going to vote for B because of the fairness (granted, you do take some risk in using it, but it balances risk/reward better). A isn't bad, but is essentially another toy for Flip decks and only real drawback is no other draw effects that turn (and does not block searching effects). 

Archived