Sceptyr's Support: The Panik Room [3/3]

Black D'Sceptyr

Okay, so when it comes time to actually put a shroud upon the battlefield, I feel it demands a bit of evolution on our favorite small-children frightening Eliminator of Duelist Kingdom's lineup. You're probably wondering where the fourth of this card set's support js at. Well, it may have escaped me a little-I'm not sure, second I hit send on that topic my eyes burned out for some reason.

So let's start with a higher entity for the Level 5 team-killer of Panik's team. What YOU THOUGHT I FORGOT WHAT THE KING DID TO MY BOY (super extremely Panik-ed voice) REEEEEEAPER OF THE CARDS

YOU GON' LEARN TODAY HOW TO NOT DO THAT

dbpvm2w-d0b24794-ca25-40ee-add1-d6dd23b1

[spoiler=Overlord of Yamimakai: Info]

DARK/Fiend-Type Effect Monster/Level 8/2500 ATK/2030 DEF

Lore: Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 2 or more Fiend monsters from your GY whose total Levels equal 8 or less. While this card is in your hand, it loses 1 Level for each DARK Fiend monster you control. Unaffected by the effects of non-Fiend monsters. Once per turn: You can Set 1 "Chaos Luster Shield" or "Castle of Yamimakai" directly from your Deck or GY, and if you do, this card gains 300 ATK for each DARK monster on the field. This card is treated as a Normal Monster while in the GY.

Now, we turn to the domain these fellas abide in, you know, since we need that night game working all the time.

castle_of_yamimakai_by_bdsceptyr-dbpvm1n

[spoiler=Castle of Yamimakai: Info]

Field Spell Card

Lore: You can only activate 1 "Castle of Yamimakai" per turn. This card gains these effects, depending on the number of Normal Fiend monsters and/or DARK "Castle" monsters you control. • 0: Once per turn: You can pay 500 LP: add 1 DARK "Castle" or "Yamimakai" monster from your Deck to your hand. • 1+: All Fiend monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF. • 2+: All Fiend monsters you control are unaffected by Spell/Trap effects that do not target. • 3+: Your opponent cannot Tribute monsters, nor can they Special Summon monsters from their hand. • 4+: Your opponent cannot target face-up Spells/Traps you control with card effects. • 5+: Once per turn: You can banish 3 cards from the GYs; draw 2 cards.

And now for the final card-the great protection card of Panik's that eventually led to his monster's demise a la mortars to pestles.

chaos_luster_shield_by_bdsceptyr-dbpvo4x

[spoiler=Chaos Luster Shield: Info]

Continuous Trap Card

Lore: When this card is activated: You can change any number of monsters you control to face-up Defense Position. All Fiend monsters you control gain 900 DEF. All non-Effect Fiend monsters you control can attack Effect Monsters during your turn while in face-up Defense Position. If they do, apply their DEF for damage calculation. Once per turn: You can pay 500 LP; Special Summon from your hand or GY, 1 non-Effect Fiend monster or 1 Fiend Gemini Monster, but it cannot be Tributed or used as a Material for a Summon, also banish it when this card leaves the field. You can only control 1 "Chaos Luster Shield".

Till next time, may all your nightmares come true.

Oh wait, wrong line.

#manImissTrueNightmarestho

BDS, signing off.

Overlord of Yamimakai

Wait non-effect monsters? Doesn't that include Gemini monsters because they technically have effects? Idk if that wording is useful since I'm not sure if there's any Extra Deck Fiend monsters without effects that make it worth having the clause (unless this was to bar Gemini monster in which I say nay). Also would think that instead of being immune to monster effects that target you could include the Level clause and just make it unaffected by monster effects from monsters with a higher level. Pretty solid generic for Fiends.

Lair of Yamimakai

I would personally make it "Castle of Yamimakai" to cement the relationship between the two name conventions you're using (it also is a castle in the artwork) but whatever. I like it but is the 4 effect crazy enough? My personal feelings for Extra Deck milling is a bit bias (The Extra Deck is supposed to be a sacred place) but I think if you're controlling 4 Normal Fiends you should get something more out of it, like drawing 2 cards or something of that level. 

Chaos Luster Shield

Wait why are you increasing their DEF when they're attacking using their ATK stat?? I would personally make it DEF. Most Fiends would rather just go for DEF attacking if you boost their DEF. Other than what I mentioned prior about the non-Effect monsters it's fine.

Eshai basically covered the gist of it, but I'll say what I can.

Overlord of Yamimakai

I know the non-effect monster banish and level cost is for flavor, but I feel like you should only use once to make its summon more flexible. And since it takes advantage of Chaos Luster Shield, I'd say it would be a good idea to let it increase its DEF by 300 along with its ATK too. And to keep the theme of non-effect monsters, how about instead of giving it battle immunity for higher level monsters, have it indestructable by effect monsters? Along with that, I'd also give it blanket Effect Monster protection, like Eshai mentioned.

Lair of Yamimakai

I second Eshai's comment about changing it from Lair to Castle to strengthen relations. The 4+ effect is really good, but considering how much Fiends you can get out via Chaos Luster Shield, I feel like having it be 5+ would be better, especially since you net a draw from it too. That's a big reward for a full field, which is how it should be! How about giving it a new effect for 4+ that protects your face-up Spells/Traps? That way, it protects itself and Chaos Luster Shield too.

Chaos Luster Shield

Again, as Eshai mentioned, it would make more sense if you made it so that their DEF values are what's calculated in battle. And since it's a shield, I'd give Level 6 or lower Fiends monster effect immunity as well. This could also help with getting Gemini Fiends out on your opponent's turn so you can Normal Summon them on yours. imo, this is akin to the core of this series.

I love the whole concept as it's an interesting take for a collection of long forgotten cards, making them functional again--to an extent. :)

Update I: As per both Eshai and Armoire's wonderful suggestions, I've rehauled the set entirely.

Overlord of Yamimakai now Summons by banishing 1 or more Fiends, and its effect immunity plan is now far broader, making it far more versatile.

Lair of Yamimakai now becomes Castle of Yamimakai, and its search ability now becomes the 0: ability, with a Spell/Trap immunity effect being the 4th ability and a revised drawing-banish effect being the 5th. very much a deal now.

And Chaos Luster Shield now uses the DEF stat, but only for non-Effect Monsters-but here's a new caveat, it also works with Fiend Gemini monsters!

Overlord: An odd boss monster. Sure, not too difficult to Summon. Yellow Luster Shield is no problem at all with his effect, and I'll get to Chaos Luster Shield later. So you don't want to Summon anything with it face-up on the field? Also, Link and Xyz Monsters can still run over this. Though perhaps such immunity isn't exactly what you're going for. It's okay, but the restriction's off-putting.

Castle: Add via Terraforming. The effects depending on the number of Friends are okay. Nothing too powerful.

Chaos Luster Shield: The DEF-based effects are alright. The Special Summoning effect is cool. Something they actually need. Though I feel it's a tad too restrictive. You could remove the banish if it leaves the field part and it'd be fine.

Overall, an alright attempt at helping out Panik and the monsters he uses.

Archived