Digimon Top 10 Lists (Favorite of Each Level, Favorite Line, etc)

With Digimon Adventure Tri having come out, I figured I'd post my top 10 lists of each Rookie, Champion, Ultimate, and Mega from the whole franchise. I will also be including my top 10 of each Digivolution Lines. If you have any that aren't in my top 10s that are in yours, feel free to post below what yours are.

[spoiler=Top 10 Rookie Digimon]

Number 10

Betamon

Betamon.jpg

I know this Digimon isn't on a lot of top 10s because of how annoying they are in the Digimon World games, but I feel like that's what made it just barely make this list for me.

Number 9

Hagurumon

Hagurumon.jpg

Another one who isn't on a lot of top 10s due to annoyance, but the design is so simple but perfect especially considering it's Digivolution line.

Number 8

Lucemon Child Mode

Lucemon.jpg

One of the most awesome looking Rookie Digimon in the whole franchise I believe, with one of the coolest Digivolution lines. This was my most recent Rookie in Digimon World Next Order, and it wrecked havoc on all the NPC Digimon up until it Digivolved, which didn't take long.

Number 7

Keramon

Keramon.jpg

Probably the creepiest looking Rookie Digimon on my top 10, but what do you expect for a Digimon called The Laughing Digimon?

Number 6

Palmon

Palmon.jpg

What's not to like about a plant who uses her poison ivy hands as an attack? She's essentially DC's Poison Ivy if she were a Digimon.

Number 5

Guilmon

Guilmon.jpg

Agumon's spiritual successor in Tamers, yet I like Guilmon more than Agumon.

Number 4

Impmon

Impmon.jpg

The antagonistic Rookie we saw throughout the whole Tamers series, but he wasn't over-saturated in his appearances I don't think.

Number 3

Gaomon

Gaomon.jpg

Now I didn't watch season 5 at all, so this Digimon WOULDN'T be on this list if it weren't for Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth and Digimon World Next Order. But why is he so high? After I was exposed to him on those 2 games, I did my research on him and his whole line and my goodness, why wouldn't he be on this list and this high?

Number 2

Renamon

Renamon.jpg

The whole story of Rikka and Renamon during the first part of Tamers is probably my favorite Digimon/Tamer story of all of them. Renamon is my absolute favorite Digimon from Tamers.

Number 1

Tentomon

Tentomon.jpg

Not a normal one for the top spot on a Rookie list, but I feel like Tentomon is one of the most overlooked Rookies of the whole franchise because of how he is in the anime.

[spoiler=Top 10 Champion Digimon]

Number 10

Ogremon

Ogremon.jpg

Ogremon was always in my top 10 Champion Digimon even before I thought about making this list. The way he turned himself around in the anime and HELPED the Digi-Destined was just awesome to watch unfold. The events of Tri kinda helped solidify him making this list.

Number 9

Monochromon

Monochromon.jpg

An underrated grunt in the Digimon Universe, who I last remember seeing him as one of Etemon's transporters when hooked up to Etemon's trailer or whatever you want to call it.

Number 8

Starmon

Starmon.jpg

When I think of Champion Digimon, this is another underrated Champion who I feel like could've contributed some more to the anime.

Number 7

Deputymon

Deputymon.jpg

One of my favorite designs of a Champion Digimon, what's NOT to like about a cowboy Digimon with a big barreled revolver sticking out of his chest? Simply awesome

Number 6

Gatomon

Gatomon.jpg

When Gatomon was first introduced to us in the anime, I thought she was a Rookie, I mean until later in the series we never saw Salamon (who ALMOST made my top 10 Rookies), and when she Digivolved she became Angewomon, who was a counterpart to Angemon, who is a Champion Level Digimon. Boy was I just a tad upset when I found out Kari was the only Digi-Destined in the first 2 series to have a Champion as her partner.

Number 5

Devimon

Devimon.jpg

My FAVORITE Evil Champion Digimon. Everything about Devimon just screams awesome, literally!

Number 4

Frigimon

Frigimon.jpg

Strange that my favorite Evil Champion is surpassed by a snowman... but I think Frigimon is just an all around cool Digimon. Pun intended.

Number 3

ExVeemon

ExVeemon.jpg

When we first met Veemon, he was an annoying Rookie who wouldn't shut up, which is why he wasn't on my top 10 Rookies, but when he Digivolved to Champion for the first time it was amazing.

Number 2

Leomon

Leomon.jpg

Ahh Leomon... the one who always seems to get killed somehow... Still, what's not to like about a lion who wields a sword?

Number 1

Angemon

Angemon.jpg

As with Tentomon, I feel like Angemon is an underrated Champion Level Digimon.

[spoiler=Top 10 Ultimate Digimon]

Number 10

Sandiramon

Sandiramon.jpg

My favorite of the Digimon Devas. I wish she would've gotten a bit more screen time in the anime, but if it wasn't for her, Renamon would not have Digivolved so there's that.

Number 9

Phantomon

Phantomon.jpg

When this ghastly Digimon made it's appearance in the episode Sora's Crest of Love, I immediately fell in love with the design of this Digimon... this probably would've been higher if it wasn't a minion for Myotismon and we got to see it more outside of just a handful of episodes.

Number 8

Andromon

Andromon.jpg

When this lovable android was first introduced, I was in awe of how powerful he is yet he didn't attack much, except when he was under control by a Dark Gear at least to my knowledge.

Number 7

ShogunGekomon

ShogunGekomon.jpg

An odd choice to make it in the top 10 of Ultimate Digimon I know, but the design is purely the reason.

Number 6

Lucemon Chaos Mode

LucemonFM.jpg

I honestly do not know much about this Digimon or it's Digivolution Line, but the design alone gives it a spot on my list.

Number 5

Arukenimon

Arukenimon.jpg

When we first get introduced to Arukenimon, in her true form, I was blown away at how much she differed from the human she was prior. She was more sinister in her true form and it was just amazing... also, poor Mummymon for getting treated the way he did by her.

Number 4

Locomon

Locomon.jpg

When I was a kid, I was obsessed with anything that could move. Whether it be cars, trucks, planes or even trains I was amazed and in awe, so it's no wonder Locomon caught my eye when he first debuted in the anime.

Number 3

Angewomon

Angewomon.jpg

A cat digivolved into an angel? Alright, cool. This angel is stronger than it's male counterpart? I can get behind that... I'd just hate to get hit by one of her Celestial Arrows!

Number 2

MegaSeadramon

MegaSeadramon.jpg

The Ultimate of the Rookie that just barely made my top 10 Rookies made the number 2 spot here? You might be asking yourself how, well simple. The MegaSeadramon that the Digi-Destined fight in the real world near the end of the arc with Myotismon and his various Digivolutions we see in the anime is the SAME Seadramon that the Digi-Destined fight near the beginning of the series!

Number 1

Myotismon

Myotismon.jpg

What's not to like about an awesome vampire who can control all Digimon at will and get them to follow his orders?

[spoiler=Top 10 Mega Digimon]

Number 10

Azulongmon

Azulongmon.jpg

Probably would've been a bit higher had he had more screen time

Number 9

Lillithmon

Lillithmon.jpg

Man, Toei really stepped up the sex appeal in later seasons of Digimon didn't they? She doesn't just have sex appeal, she's powerful too. What would you expect from one of the Demon Lords though?

Number 8

Beelzemon

Beelzemon.jpg

When we are first introduced to Impmon in the beginning of Digimon Tamers, who would've thought by the end of that season we would have our first look at a Demon Lord?

Number 7

BanchoLeomon

BantyoLeomon.jpg

Wow this Digimon is awesome looking and STRONG!

Number 6

Lucemon Demon Lord Mode

LucemonSM.jpg

The Seven Demon Lords all have seals, and this creature bares those seals PLUS holds an orb that absorbs all attacks? Talk about OP!

Number 5

Examon

Examon.jpg

My favorite Holy Knight Digimon, yes over Omnimon and Alphamon! What can I say? This guy is AWESOME!

Number 4

Belphemon Rage Mode

Belphemon.jpg

This Digimon's Sleep Mode is meh at best, but when Sleep Mode is awoken and becomes this? Yeah... I don't know about you, but I'm not sticking around to find out what this guy could do!

Number 3

GranKuwagamon

GranKuwagamon.jpg

You mean Okuawamon actually digivolves? Awesome! This thing looks cool but he's a pain to fight against in Digimon World Next Order

Number 2

Leviamon

Leviamon.jpg

My favorite Demon Lord! What's not to like about a Dragon Digimon who can chomp down and have a chance to instantly KO you? I'm mainly referring to Digimon World Next Order but still... It's Awesome!

Number 1

BlackWarGreymon

BlackWarGreymon.jpg

If you didn't like the whole story with BlackWarGreymon, I don't know why you didn't. Probably my overall favorite story in the Digimon anime, was the creation of BlackWarGreymon to him destroying everything and everyone that gets in his way, to finding his true purpose... simply amazing!

[spoiler=Top 10 Digivolution Lines]

Number 10

Patamon -> Angemon -> MagnaAngemon -> Seraphimon

Number 9

Salamon -> Gatomon -> Angewomon -> Magnadramon

Number 8

Tentomon -> Kabuterimon -> MegaKabuterimon -> HerculesKabuterimon

Number 7

Gomamon -> Ikakkumon -> Zudomon -> Vikemon

Number 6

Gaomon -> Gaogamon -> MachGaogamon -> MirageGaogamon

Number 5

Biyomon -> Birdramon -> Garudamon -> Hououmon

Number 4

Renamon -> Kyubimon -> Taomon -> Sakuyamon

Number 3

Hagurumon -> Guardromon -> Andromon -> HiAndromon

Number 2

Gabumon -> Garurumon -> WereGarurumon -> MetalGarurumon

Number 1

Palmon -> Togemon -> Lillymon -> Rosemon

Fave rookie is Shoutmon, Fave Champ is Ikkakumon, fave ultimate is Lillymon, fave Mega is Ophanimon, and fave line:

Agumon > Greymon > MetalGreymon > WarGreymon

I started out really liking Agumon’s line, and I shouldn’t have let the anime disway me from it, but how often he was made the main focal point of the anime really irked me

Archived