Daughter of Dark Thoughts

Atypical-Abbie

An interesting idea I had about linking to opponent's monsters for protection. Additionally, I made it so it can move itself to the Extra Monster Zone as well, which also negates effects and prevents the monster from attacking. It's a generic Effect Monster requirement, so you can easily throw it in any kind of Deck, and its Link Arrows have good variety too I feel, for something that can both be strong but also easy enough to get out.

daughter_of_dark_thoughts_by_zaziuma-dbp

2+ Effect Monsters
While a monster you control is linked to a monster your opponent controls, this card cannot be targeted by or destroyed by your opponent’s card effects. Once per turn, when your opponent Summons exactly 1 monster while you control no monsters in the Extra Monster Zone: You can move this card from your Main Monster Zone to your Extra Monster Zone, then if this card points to that monster, negate its effects, also it cannot attack.

I do think that the second effect can work wonders-IF you place this card in the leftmost Extra Monster Zone, or have your opponent place a monster in the rightmost Extra Monster Zone. Point is, the feels like the SECOND Link monster you Link Summon, so that when your opponent Kaijus over your monster in the leftmost ED Zone, and tries to make their Extra Deck play, you move this from Main Monster Zone to leftmost and Fog Blade whatever they brought out. It may be one of the first times I've seen an Anti-Meta card that won't immediately be appropriated by the Meta-and this card also being self protected means they won't immediately be able to bounce this card easy.

This might be the thing you can work Senet Switches and Asport around-bouncing this back from the Extra Deck to the Main Monster Zones to reload its effect and put your opponent's ED Zone, ON LOCK.

And this is generic enough to bring out very easily.

Me likey.

Archived