Hero of the Silent Blade

Fruiota_Hiroshi

jISmhFW.png

Hero of the Silent Blade

Level 9

LIGHT Warrior / Fusion / Effect

3100 / 2800

"Blade Knight" + 1 "Silent Swordsman" monster
You can also Special Summon this card (from your Extra Deck) when a "Silent Swordsman" or "Silent Swordsman LV 7" you control is destroyed by your opponent's card effect while you have a "Blade Knight" in your GY (this is treated as a Fusion Summon). Your opponent cannot activate any Flip Effects. When this card destroys your opponent's monster by battle: This card gains 500 ATK. Cards you control are unaffected by your opponent's Spell effects. Gains ATK equal to the number of LIGHT Warrior-type monsters in your GY x 300.

I figured that Yugi and Kaiba could use another Fusion that combines their two decks' monsters.

I find this card underwhelming, to be honest. The effects are decent but nothing too threatening, and it isn't as practical to Summon since it doesn't really have any shortcuts for its Fusion Summon, in the sense that it isn't a Contact Fusion, nor it's a target for cards like Dragon's Mirror, Red-Eyes Fusion, etc. At least you can search Dark Blade with Rabbit, Unexpected Dai, and Silent Swordsmen have their searcher Spell card, and of course there is ROTA, but still, a -2 Fusion Summon through good old Poly doesn't sound like a valuable investment; you could reduce the cost by using Fusion Substitute instead, but that would require extra effort.

I suggest to make it a bit more practical to Summon in one way or another.

I find this card underwhelming, to be honest. The effects are decent but nothing too threatening, and it isn't as practical to Summon since it doesn't really have any shortcuts for its Fusion Summon, in the sense that it isn't a Contact Fusion, nor it's a target for cards like Dragon's Mirror, Red-Eyes Fusion, etc. At least you can search Dark Blade with Rabbit, Unexpected Dai, and Silent Swordsmen have their searcher Spell card, and of course there is ROTA, but still, a -2 Fusion Summon through good old Poly doesn't sound like a valuable investment; you could reduce the cost by using Fusion Substitute instead, but that would require extra effort.

All right, I'll give it some more to work with.

I would rather it not be your average Contact Fusion because that would just be too easy; I'll figure something out for Summoning it.

EDIT: I figured out a way.

Le bump (also reminder that I made some changes in case you're interested)

Quite the unique summoning condition you got there. Normally I don't endorse "free/+1" Summons like ABC-Buster Dragon, but due to the setup required to fulfill the conditions, it should be fine on this one; if anything, I would make it banish the materials from the field or GY so it makes a bit more sense as a Fusion flavor-wise, rather than the monster simply materializing from nowhere. I would make it work with any Silent Swordsman so you can try to shortcut into it through LV3.

The Spell blanket is the most appealing effect of this monster IMO, and overall it should have a good presence on the board, without denying the opponent from using its support Spells on its own cards, so it's not fully oppressive, which is good.

Quite the unique summoning condition you got there. Normally I don't endorse "free/+1" Summons like ABC-Buster Dragon, but due to the setup required to fulfill the conditions, it should be fine on this one; if anything, I would make it banish the materials from the field or GY so it makes a bit more sense as a Fusion flavor-wise, rather than the monster simply materializing from nowhere. I would make it work with any Silent Swordsman so you can try to shortcut into it through LV3.

The Spell blanket is the most appealing effect of this monster IMO, and overall it should have a good presence on the board, without denying the opponent from using its support Spells on its own cards, so it's not fully oppressive, which is good.

I felt that going through just any Silent Swordsman for the unique Summoning method would result in making Hero of the Silent Blade too easy, hence the restriction to the two strongest members of the archetype.

Thanks for the feedback.

Archived