GFET 3 Match 1-24

LordCowCowCowCowCowCowCowCow

Well this is just silly  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Tiki vs Fernand

• Tiki (FE13)
    • Fernand (FE15)

Usually power-hungry sycophants tend to be my favorite kind of villain, but Fernand… I don't know. Orson Krennic from Rogue One is more intimidating than him.

I don't quite get the power-hungry part given that he's in every situation an underling and he prefers to be serving a lord.

True. "Sycophant" by itself is more appropriate.

Still, not really.

He isn't seeking any gain by siding with whoever he sides with. He isn't acting subservient to Clive at any point, DLC or main story, and he's the seeming right-hand man to Berkut due to liking Berkut's ideals/feeling understood thanks to them. He's hoenstly shown on a mostly equal footing with Berkut, there's just a difference in station (prince vs. noble) that causes him to act based on his honor and status as a traitor to Zofia.

He's not grasping for power or reward in any way, other than that sense of belonging. He really loses more by siding with Berkut than he gains, just like he lost more by breaking away from the Deliverance instead of staying.

The only way to call him a scyophant is to use the "everything human beings do is for selfish gain" argument, but that argument reduces the entirety of the species to being sycophants, which defeats the point of calling him one in the first place.

Archived