Vampire Bloodline

Dragulas

Obligatory buff on my eternal quest of making vampires great, for the time being im still working on the archtype as a whole but managed to make this a legit solitaire support for them, based on draco heritage vampires now have a legit reason to dump cards from the opponent's deck. Plus an additional GY effect to punish the opponent's GY.

I8Driay.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]During your Main Phase, if you have a "Vampire" monster on your field or GY: You can draw cards equal to the number of card types (Monster, Spell, and Trap) sent from your opponent's Deck to the GY since last turn. You can banish this card from your GY; once during this turn, you can conduct the Tribute Summon of a "Vampire" monster by banishing monsters the GYs instead of Tributing (it is still treated as a Tribute Summon). You can only use 1 "Vampire Bloodline" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

This looks really good to me. The modified Draco Heritage effect goes well with Vampire's card type milling theme, and the grave effect of course is handy to Summon the Level5+ Vampires; I appreciate that it's missing the 1-turn stun other grave effects have, as it makes it practical with Foolish Burial Goods.

Like Castlevania Bloodlines? Anywho:

The first effect is...whatever. Sure, it's neat for a card to interact with the archetype's tendency to send stuff from your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard, but the archetype doesn't really achieve these effects that often. Mostly because its the larger bodies that do so, and it's sometimes difficult to keep them on the field, let alone bring them to the field. The secondary effect however, is fantastic. Reminiscent of Vampire Sorcerer. And really, I think the archetype could use more cards or effects like this.

Archived