[Written] Gouki Run-in

Atypical-Abbie

I don't do written cards much, the only time is when it's for a specific Archetype, since finding pictures for that is much harder, especially if you want to comply with the theme as much as possible (finding the term Run-in was for example a bit of a challenge, since I don't know wrestling), so here's a little something I made for Gouki. The card is simply, it Special Summons monsters that are excavated to zones that are pointed to be Link Monsters. Additionally, it boost ATK if  enabling you to go full force.

Gouki Run-in

Normal Spell Card

Excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck, Special Summon any excavated "Gouki" monsters to your zones Link Monsters point to, then any were Special Summoned to a zone a "Gouki" Link Monster points to, all "Gouki" monsters you control gain 500 ATK, also you cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Gouki" monsters for the rest of this turn, and the rest are shuffled into the Deck. The number of cards you excavate is increased by the number of "Gouki" Link Monsters you control. You can only activate 1 "Gouki Run-in" per turn.

Gouki Run-in

Normal Spell Card

Excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck, Special Summon any "Gouki" monsters to your zones Link Monsters point to, then any were Special Summoned to a zone a "Gouki" Link Monster points to, all "Gouki" monsters you control gain 500 ATK, also you cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Gouki" monsters for the rest of this turn. The number of cards you excavate is increased by the number of "Gouki" Link Monsters you control. You can only activate 1 "Gouki Run-in" per turn.

What happens to cards that you excavate that aren't Gouki monsters?

Also, I'm confused by this part: 

Special Summon any "Gouki" monsters to your zones Link Monsters point to, then any were Special Summoned to a zone a "Gouki" Link Monster points to, all "Gouki" monsters you control gain 500 ATK,

I'm going to assume you meant was something like this by the description in your preface:

Special Summon any "Gouki" monsters excavated by this effect to your side of the field in a zone that your Link Monsters point to, then any monsters Special Summoned to a zone a "Gouki" Link Monster points to gain 500 ATK. 

Anyway, to actual review:

I like this because it gives Goukis their needed "oomph".

Personally, I feel like they don't really have a solid win condition, but this reinforces their beatdown strategy and can act as a win condition, depending on how many you SS by this effect.

It gives your monsters enough ATK to run over some pretty strong monsters, and depending on how many you summon, it can lead to an OTK or even get out more links for further combos. This is also backed up by the face that Goukis are already really good at swarming and this gives them the ability to swarm some more.

And since they swarm quickly, they tend to overextend, similar to Blackwings. This helps them recover some resources.

Overall, I think this card would help Gouki, but it wouldn't break them--which is good.

My only complaint is that they already have so much swarming capability that this card's SS seems kind of redundant. But at the same time, reinforcing their swarms helps their consistency and resource management, so I think it's okay. Good work!

What happens to cards that you excavate that aren't Gouki monsters?

Also, I'm confused by this part: 

Special Summon any "Gouki" monsters to your zones Link Monsters point to, then any were Special Summoned to a zone a "Gouki" Link Monster points to, all "Gouki" monsters you control gain 500 ATK,

I'm going to assume you meant was something like this by the description in your preface:

Special Summon any "Gouki" monsters excavated by this effect to your side of the field in a zone that your Link Monsters point to, then any monsters Special Summoned to a zone a "Gouki" Link Monster points to gain 500 ATK. 

Anyway, to actual review:

I like this because it gives Goukis their needed "oomph".

Personally, I feel like they don't really have a solid win condition, but this reinforces their beatdown strategy and can act as a win condition, depending on how many you SS by this effect.

It gives your monsters enough ATK to run over some pretty strong monsters, and depending on how many you summon, it can lead to an OTK or even get out more links for further combos. This is also backed up by the face that Goukis are already really good at swarming and this gives them the ability to swarm some more.

And since they swarm quickly, they tend to overextend, similar to Blackwings. This helps them recover some resources.

Overall, I think this card would help Gouki, but it wouldn't break them--which is good.

My only complaint is that they already have so much swarming capability that this card's SS seems kind of redundant. But at the same time, reinforcing their swarms helps their consistency and resource management, so I think it's okay. Good work!

Oh yeah, I forgot to add what happens to them, updated the card.

Hmmm, actually seems like it can give you enough resources to actually put forward more Gouki Links, meaning they won't be instant minuses. Tho I do think if I could streamline the excavation effects, it'd go something like this

Excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck, plus 1 more more card from the top of your Deck for each "Gouki" Link Monster you control, Special Summon any excavated "Gouki" monsters to Monster Zones that any Link Monsters you control point to, then if you Summoned a monster(s)  in a zone that a "Gouki" Link Monster points to, all "Gouki" monsters you currently control gain 500 ATK. Shuffle any other excavated cards into the Deck After this effect resolves, you cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Gouki" monsters, for the rest of this turn. You can only activate 1 "Gouki Run-in" per turn.

Still think this may be a bit much, considering how Goukis search upon hitting the GY. I may plead for a restriction on Summoning monsters from the Extra Deck during the turn you use this-it'll still be enough to do a Gouki Link monster right even without the Link Summoning..

Archived