[EXFO] Mythical Beast King Jackal

82eb82ba.jpg?resize=300%2C169&ssl=1
Note, due to the quality of the picture, this text is unconfirmed, so be wary.

魔導獣 キングジャッカル Magic Beast King Jackal / Mythical Beast King Jackal
Level 6 DARK Spellcaster Pendulum Effect Monster
ATK {2400}
DEF {1400}
Pendulum Scale: 4

Pendulum Effect

If you have no cards in your other Pendulum Zone: You can destroy this card, and if you do, Special Summon 1 face-up "Mythical Beast" Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck, except "Mythical Beast King Jackal". You can only use this effect of "Mythical Beast King Jackal" once per turn.

Monster Effect

Each time a Spell Card is activated, place 1 Spell Counter on this card when that Spell resolves. Once per turn, when an opponent's monster activates its effect (Quick Effect): You can remove 2 Spell Counters from your field; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

So they are not going to get a high end pendulum scale ... well at the very least this is a monster reborn for the archtype and a kozmo dark witch as well.

I guess them having Pendulum Paradox as an archtypal salvage and duelist alliance to search it out of the deck is alright if you do not have all too high standards, though if the last members are as good as the first 4 monsters the archtype should be fun to play regardless of that.

(and pendulum shift works as an embarassing excuse for a pendulum summon and excentric archfiend can pendulum summon this and remove itself to allow the usage of these pendulum effects).

So I think i see what they are going for, put Pendulums up, generate Spell Counters, destroy Pendulums with their effects, put more Pendulums up, generate more Spell Counters. I don't think they really want you to use them for Pendulum Summons, especially when you cheat your way out with this card. Odd Archetype so far, but I dig that they are still making Pendulum Archetypes that are original.

So I think i see what they are going for, put Pendulums up, generate Spell Counters, destroy Pendulums with their effects, put more Pendulums up, generate more Spell Counters. I don't think they really want you to use them for Pendulum Summons, especially when you cheat your way out with this card. Odd Archetype so far, but I dig that they are still making Pendulum Archetypes that are original.

I just love that they are making something I've been wanting for a long time: a true Spell Counter-themed Pendulum Deck.

They had teasers, such as the Magical preview cards, but this is just wonderful.

So they are not going to get a high end pendulum scale ... well at the very least this is a monster reborn for the archtype and a kozmo dark witch as well.

I guess them having Pendulum Paradox as an archtypal salvage and duelist alliance to search it out of the deck is alright if you do not have all too high standards, though if the last members are as good as the first 4 monsters the archtype should be fun to play regardless of that.

(and pendulum shift works as an embarassing excuse for a pendulum summon and excentric archfiend can pendulum summon this and remove itself to allow the usage of these pendulum effects).

Just for the record, Duelist Alliance searches "Pendulum" cards, not Pendulum cards. I guess you can search this with Timestar Magician, but not much else off the top of my head. Well, there's the in-archetype options.

Card can be summoned off Reaper of Spellbooks, which is nice since that's always been my favorite, if also the brickiest, variant of Spellbooks.

Just for the record, Duelist Alliance searches "Pendulum" cards, not Pendulum cards. I guess you can search this with Timestar Magician, but not much else off the top of my head. Well, there's the in-archetype options.

Highlander said "Pendulum Paradox [...] and Duelist Alliance to search it out", but I see how you could misinterpret what they said

On topic: I think that this is the best Mythical Beast monster so far, but I'd have to go back and check, and also look for interactions etc.

Highlander said "Pendulum Paradox [...] and Duelist Alliance to search it out", but I see how you could misinterpret what they said

On topic: I think that this is the best Mythical Beast monster so far, but I'd have to go back and check, and also look for interactions etc.

Derp

P sure it is the best. As for interactions, Jackal can summon from Deck (honestly seems like better summon than Master Cerberus most of time), and speaking of Master Cerby, you can Cerby in scale > pop to search this > play this in scale > pop to grab Master Cerby.

That should be most basic one atm.

There's prob also something you can do with Meteorburst, or running it generically in something like Zarc Magicians or w/e

Just for the record, Duelist Alliance searches "Pendulum" cards, not Pendulum cards. [...]

I might be blind, however I do not see how Duelist Alliance cannot search Pendulum Shift.

Please enlighten me (unless I failed to understand you and you assumed I refered to the Pendulum monsters themselves).

[...] There's prob also something you can do with Meteorburst, or running it generically in something like Zarc Magicians or w/e

Well Magicians and Odd-Eyes can get this out quite efficiently, I am simply not sure if this is really better than apex avian for them (given that this has the worst imaginable pendulum scale and most notable magicians are level 4 and this card can thus be seen as a non-pendulum for them (given that they need the recovery from the extra deck for their own monsters)).

As for this card itself, it is the best target for the magical boost floating, immediately getting this out of one's deck with 2 spell counters (which justifies running more vulnerable backrow).

Being a level 6 spellcaster means it can be used for Norito, for what that's worth.

Pendulum effect feels mediocre, since it can only put the monster in EMZ or a linked zone. Monster effect is pretty decent, and worth noting it is only OPT as opposed to HOPT, so having multiples of this out gains you something there.

I might be blind, however I do not see how Duelist Alliance cannot search Pendulum Shift.

Please enlighten me (unless I failed to understand you and you assumed I refered to the Pendulum monsters themselves).

Yea I derped, thought you meant using Duelist Alliance to grab this card

Apex Avian point is valid but unlike Apex Avian this card is searchable via Timestar, which I think gives it an excellent niche. Granted you will have to figure out how to activate 2 Spells presumably after you've already Pendulum Summoned, but still.

As a rando fun meem note, Pendulum Paradox means you can grab Wisdom-Eyes and this card together

Like how your opponent's Spells can contribute to the negation of their Monster Effects.

Seems they aren't screwing the archetype up so I might have to try it, but for Spellcaster Pendulums I was thinking more that they would float into Pendulum Zones while keeping their Spell Counters after destruction, and then they would have the ability to put themselves back on the field. 

Archived