How has no one thought of this yet?

SkaterTheDJWolf

Question

3 answers to this question

I HAVE considered doing that, actually. At one point, I even copied the code out as a "backup" in another document in the case my tweaks made the thing explode.

The problem is that I have no idea where certain variables or elements (such as the card templates and card-type icons) are being called from. Those variables are not directly referenced in the coding I have access to. I think some of the coding might be stored somewhere that only YCMaker can access (like the site's IP account or on a document that is uploaded elsewhere), and is just being referenced for the sake of retrieving those otherwise unviewable variables.

Why don't you:

*copy the cardmaker javascript to a testing site

*make the changes there (Pendulums, Links, etc.)

*test the changes

*when the changes are ready, publish them on the main javascript

*instant good cardmaker

HOW HAS NO ONE THOUGHT OF THIS YET?!?!?!?!?!?!

They don't know how to make the changes, nor do they have the time, expertise, or manpower to figure it out.

Already noted above, but checking the cardmaker to do things isn't as easy as you make it out to be.

(Yeah, you can just run your code through a test site or program compiler to check for any bugs, but only the Supers have access to the coding and evil's the only one out of them who knows how to run it to some degree.)

If I remember correctly, you'd also have to add the templates for Pendulum/Link Monsters as files [including the Scale / Link markers]; that's not something you can actively test on these sites. (If coding regular Java in Eclipse for ICS 111 has taught me anything from picture projects...yeah. Even if I did have access to the cardmaker, I don't know Javascript and yes, we do have our own lives off this site [i'm not a programming major].)

====

Just so we're clear, it's not that we don't want to update the cardmaker but issue is just the limited amount of people who have access to it and evil's apprehension of modifying it and risking the whole thing getting shot. We know it's outdated.

====

Speaking of evil, there are some things pertaining to him that will happen in the next week or so, but those will be announced later because right now, those details are irrelevant to your question.

====

Archived