Baroness of Shurilane (Vampire Grace's new BFF) (Big Fanged Faerie, I Mean)

Black D'Sceptyr

But yeah, has anyone noticed that Grace seemed like the odd one out of the entire Vamp lineup? I mean, yeah, so is this, but that's because A) it's a more generic thing, used for the facilitation of DARK monsters moreso than Vampires, and 2) this card's actually got roots in a whole different monster, despite its non-similiar appearance.

baroness_of_shurilane_by_bdsceptyr-dbpnc

[spoiler=Baroness of Shurilane: Info]

DARK/Fiend-Type Effect Monster/Level 6/2050/2100 DEF

Lore: You can reveal this card in your hand: Special Summon 1 Level 5 monster from your hand. If your opponent takes damage (Quick Effect): You can target 1 Level 5 or 6 monster in your GY with the same Level as this card: Special Summon that target, but it has its effects negated, this card's Type becomes that monster's Type, also it loses 1 Level. You cannot Special Summon monsters during the turn you activate either of these effects, except for DARK monsters. You can only use each effect of "Baroness of Shurilane" once per turn.

Perhaps that's a question best left for the philosophers.

Like why a Fiend that supports DARK monsters but primarily a Zombie-heavy splinter Archetype is basically homunculus-like in its last effect.

For those not willing to wait till the trick-or-treating season to cast verdict on it tho, may the reviews and revelry arrive in abundance.

BDS, signing off.

I guess in the context of Vampires, suppose it helps them Rank 5 a bit faster but not too sure if they really need the help (or if Grace is actually used because of her Level / they need to Rank 6 at this time). Guess it means they get access to Number 24 and some other R6 toys too, but yeah. Then again, you actually need to Tribute Summon this thing first, because it doesn't really have a condition of its own to summon it faster [except to use its reveal effect]. For most intents and purposes, this is only useful for Grace / Level 6 decks until you use it once. 

====

I'll ignore the art thing correlating this to that game-only card, but yeah, I think they just pulled that name out of thin air. 

====

So yeah, it helps Vampires but that's probably one of the few Decks that can really use it without being hindered by the drawbacks. I don't recall any other Level 5/6 [DARK] decks that are consistent / even want this; though I guess we do have Adreus/Shark Fortress for a generic R5 DARK and Number 24 for R6s among others, so...suppose other Decks that could run this aren't necessarily screwed over by the non-DARK restriction for the turn.

Card is fine.

Not sure if this was intentional, but Vampires are Zombies (although considering she becomes a Zombie that shouldn't be too much of a problem). I do rue the day Vampires go back to their roots and use something more along the lines of milling like their original effects, which I am adding to the prompt list if you want to go for it but that's besides the point.

This card lets you Special Summon Level 5 monsters from your hand without restriction. That's really cool, just hope it is never gets broken with an archetype of Level 5 monster, but you did fix that by restricting Special Summoning to DARK monsters for the rest of the turn so this card is cool and balanced, so good job.

Quick Effect Special Summoning is also pretty cool. It gets around the restriction the previous effect has to deal with but since you actually have to Summon this first that part is pretty balanced.

You made a really interesting card. Don't know if the card itself needs an archetype based around it, but the name is definitely cool enough for an archetype.

Archived