Level 6 FIRE Dinosaur Pendulum Normal Monster
ATK 2500
DEF 1000
Pendulum Scale: 0
Pendulum Effect:

None
Flavor Text:
熱く燃えたぎる石頭の恐竜番長。ダイナミックな動きと炎で敵を翻弄し、必殺のファイヤーオパールヘッドをお見舞いする。
A blazingly hardheaded dinosaur leader. It greets its enemies with its signature move Fire Opal Headbutt after toying with them with its dynamic movements and flames.

e7bd8be3.png?resize=187%2C279&ssl=1

17PR-JP008 沼地のドロゴン Numachi no Dorogon (Mudragon of the Swamp)
Level 4 WATER Wyrm Fusion Effect Monster
ATK 1900
DEF 1600

Materials: 2 monster with the same Attribute but different Types
(1) Your opponent cannot target this card and monsters on the field with the same Attribute as this card with card effects.
(2) Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can declare 1 Attribute; this card becomes the declared Attribute until the end of this turn.

da90cb1e.png?resize=189%2C281&ssl=1

17PR-JP011 リンクルベル Linklebell
Link Rating 2 EARTH Fairy Link Effect Monster
ATK 1500
Links: Bottom Left, Bottom Right

Materials: 2 Monsters
Cannot be Linked Summoned, unless you have 3 or more cards in your Extra Deck than your opponent does.

Source: https://ygorganization.com/ocg-promotion-pack-2017/

It's finally happened huh? Our first ever Scale 0. I wonder if I should be surprised that it's on a dinosaur... probably not. I honestly thought Mudragon was going to relate to fusion of some kind, like Beast King of the Swamp and King of the Swamp have done. At least maybe a self-contact fusion since it's really not worth using Polymerization or any other fusion card to make it. Linklebell I guess punishes ED spam, but I guess a generic Link-2 is still too much to ask for huh?

Well, that new FIRE Dinosaur Pendulum makes the existing Dinosaur cards even MORE overpowered. A Scale 0 that can be searched by Fossil Dig or Summoner's Art?
Pair this with Lancephorhynchus, and you can swarm the field with Dinosaurs even faster than they used to.
The Fusion is pretty cute, as it supports Fusion Decks that specialize in one Attribute. Can't think of any decks that can use it off of the top of my head, but it's a LV4 WATER Fusion, so it could be fodder for Bahamut Shark.
The Link, though, continues the new trend set by the Ventriloquists of generic Links that need specific times to be Link Summoned. Not sure how useful it is ATM.

It's finally happened huh? Our first ever Scale 0.

We've had two Scale 0s. Supreme King Gate Zero and Pendulumucho.

Fire Opalhead, well it has no effects, so the only thing it has over Pendulumucho is that it has actual stats. Well, being Level 6 is good, since most good Pendulums you want to work with are Scale 7. 2500 ATK is quite nice, FIRE Dinosaur means that you can perform some Xyz stuff with it too. Not much else to be said.

Mudraagon of the Swamp, Wyrm Fusion monster yooooo! And it's a generic-ish too, and it has an interesting effect too, maybe a bit low stats, and with the Extra Monster Zone, you can't easily bring out something that can support this, since you are attempting to use it in a Fusion Monster Deck. Still, a nice thing to have around, always nice to have niche Fusion Monsters, since that's so rare.

Linklebell, well a generic 2 downward pointing Link Arrows, at first I was scared, but then I saw the condition, and well, that makes it much harder to abuse. I wish there were easier ways to throw opponent's cards from the Extra Deck to the GY, but I guess we aren't that lucky. Pendulum based Decks will love this card though, since they can easily get over 15 cards. 1500 ATK is also serviceable for something like this. Good when you have the chance to use it.

Archived