Hello there!

ThundyTheGriffon

What's up y'all, I'm Thundy. I've been a fan of Yu Gi Oh for a long time, but didn't get the cards early as a kid. Instead, I watched the show on TV, all the way up to GX. I've been a fan of making custom cards for a long time as well. I started making pokemon cards, which you can find on my deviantart account. My focus was to create realistic pokemon cards. I hated and still hate to see troll cards or cards made just to be funny. It just honestly ruins an opportunity for actually making something good. Anyway, hope things go well and I make some great cards!

Welcome to YCM, name’s Chaotic Angel.

You can post your work in Custom Cards if that’s what you’re after. Just make sure you read the rules during your stay here. If you like to venture in other forums, you have Creative Writing and Role Playing as well. Our community is quite a pleasant one and I’ll be able to help you as they are my forte (not CC though, I’m no expert at that). I also hang out in Misc as well playing Games but that won’t help towards your post count, only RP will.

Also make sure you respect the staff and veterans here. They are here to help so don’t be afraid to ask, we won’t bite.

Now, I hope you enjoy your stay here. Ask if you need anything.

(Let's just say four generations / a decade worth of changes since GX, including three new Extra Deck mechanics [well, four including Pendulum if you want to go there], some other rulings pertaining to card function and recently a field change for Links.)

But yeah, welcome to YCM.

I'm Sakura, the lone moderator for Custom Cards (which I'm probably assuming you're going to post stuff in.)

If you are, then just be mindful that there are two areas: Casual and Advanced. Given you have not played since GX, it's highly advisable you stick to Casual because as mentioned above, lots of stuff has changed since the GX era. Of course, if you do have some knowledge on ARC-V / VRAINS playstyles and all, then sure, go ahead into Advanced. 

Chaotic Angel already mentioned this, but make sure you read the rules (both the general site ones and specifics pertaining to the section you are interested in going). 

If you have any questions, either PM a staff member or if we aren't around, then go to a veteran user who frequents the area you want. (Note that I am here nearly daily, but I may not answer right away due to offline commitments.)

Have fun :D

====

P.S. Hopefully you can stick around a bit; a lot of the newer members we get tend not to stay. 

(Let's just say four generations / a decade worth of changes since GX, including three new Extra Deck mechanics [well, four including Pendulum if you want to go there], some other rulings pertaining to card function and recently a field change for Links.)

But yeah, welcome to YCM.

I'm Sakura, the lone moderator for Custom Cards (which I'm probably assuming you're going to post stuff in.)

If you are, then just be mindful that there are two areas: Casual and Advanced. Given you have not played since GX, it's highly advisable you stick to Casual because as mentioned above, lots of stuff has changed since the GX era. Of course, if you do have some knowledge on ARC-V / VRAINS playstyles and all, then sure, go ahead into Advanced. 

Chaotic Angel already mentioned this, but make sure you read the rules (both the general site ones and specifics pertaining to the section you are interested in going). 

If you have any questions, either PM a staff member or if we aren't around, then go to a veteran user who frequents the area you want. (Note that I am here nearly daily, but I may not answer right away due to offline commitments.)

Have fun :D

====

P.S. Hopefully you can stick around a bit; a lot of the newer members we get tend not to stay. 

I will. I'm a fan of the classic Yu Gi Oh. Never really got into the new Synchro/Pendulum Monsters...tbh, it makes the game more complex to follow with all those extra stuff you have to do to summon those types of monsters...

You're not wrong, in a sense.

Synchros need Tuner Monsters

Xyzs need two or three monsters of the same Level

Pendulums can Special Summon as many monsters dependant on Scale

Links are just two of whatever they need (And it's just, no. It's complicated that one.)

The game is just too complex to follow now, so I decided to stick to RP as I have just mentioned.

Like Sakura said, I hope you stick around. We're in need of some loyal new members here.

Well, Links are actually 2+ (depending on the material requirements, Link Rating / Number) and then have the issue of only being summonable in the new Extra Monster Zone or any Main Monster Zones [which used to be just the Monster Zone] that Links open up. (The latter applies to anything summoned from the Extra Deck)

You can basically say that Link Monsters made the game far more complicated to explain to newer players or those who've been out for a while.

====

There is an option in Custom Cards to design for ARC-V format, which excludes Links and the Extra Monster Zones (and any changes that were made as a result of the field switching, including moving the Pendulum Zones to the S/T area), but you'll need to tag your thread title with [LEGACY]. Otherwise, you'll going to get graded in VRAINS format, which may / not be helpful to your card or it leads to other interactions that aren't possible in ARC-V. 

Archived