Flamecast Archetype ~ Face Down Banished Cards have never been so hot!

TOPsycho

Watch the "Flamecast" monsters ignite your duels with burning passion as they cast their Pyromantic magic at your opponent! Reveal face-down banished "Flamecast" Spell/Trap cards to cast them and watch your opponent sweat from all the heat!

Flamecast D-Zell
FIRE/Pyro
Lv4 Effect
1500 ATK/1000 DEF
When this card is Normal Summoned: you can send 1 "Flamecast" Spell card from your Deck to your GY; this card gains 500 ATK. Once per turn, you can reveal one of your face-down banished cards; if it is a "Flamecast" Spell card, apply that card's effect.

Flamecast K-Rosene
FIRE/Pyro
Lv4 Effect
1000 ATK/1500 DEF
When this card is Normal Summoned: you can send 1 "Flamecast" Trap card from your Deck to the GY; change this card to Defense Position, and if you do, it gains 500 DEF. Once per turn, you can reveal one of your face-down banished cards; if it is a "Flamecast" Trap card, apply that card's effect.

Flamecast Seaulier
FIRE/Pyro
Lv4 Effect
1250 ATK/1250 DEF
When this card is Normal Summoned: you can send 1 "Flamecast" Spell/Trap card from your Deck to the GY; add 1 Pyro monster from your GY to your hand. Once per turn, you can reveal one of your face-down banished cards; if it is a "Flamecast" Spell/Trap card, shuffle it into the Deck, then Special Summon 1 "Flamecast" monster from your hand or GY.

Flamecast Candlecaller
FIRE/Pyro
Lv4 Pendulum

Scale 3
1000 ATK/1500 DEF
PE: When this card is activated: you can add 1 "Flamecast" Spell card from your Deck to your hand.
ME: When this card is Pendulum Summoned: you can shuffle up to 3 banished cards into the Deck. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Extra Deck: you can reveal one of your face-down banished cards: if it is a "Flamecast" Spell card, apply that card's effect.

Flamecast Sparkspitter
FIRE/Pyro
Lv4 Pendulum

Scale 5
1500 ATK/1000 DEF
PE: When this card is activated: you can add 1 "Flamecast" Trap card from your Deck to your hand.
ME: When this card is Pendulum Summoned: you can shuffle 3 cards in the GY into the Deck. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Extra Deck: you can reveal one of your face-down banished cards: if it is a "Flamecast" Trap card, apply that card's effect.

Flamecast Matchmaker
FIRE/Pyro
Lv4 Pendulum

Scale 4
1500 ATK/1500 DEF
PE: Once per turn, you can send 1 "Flamecast" Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your GY: increase or decrease this card's Pendulum Scale by 1 until the end of this turn.
ME: When this card is Pendulum Summoned: you can add 1 "Flamecast" monster from your Deck or GY to your hand. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Extra Deck: you can reveal one of your face-down banished cards: if it is a "Flamecast" Spell/Trap card, shuffle it into the Deck, then draw 1 card.

Flamecast Fireball
Normal Spell
Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls: it loses 200 ATK & DEF for each Pyro monster you control. You can banish this card from your GY face-down: all monsters your opponent controls lose 200 DEF for each "Flamecast" monster you control.

Flamecast Heatshield
Normal Spell
For the rest of this turn, Pyro monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects. You can banish this card from your GY face-down; for the rest of this turn, Pyro monsters you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects while you control a "Flamecast" monster.

Flamecast Phoenix
Normal Spell
If you control a Pyro monster: pay 1000 LP; Special Summon 1 Pyro monster from the GY, but it cannot declare an attack. You can banish this card from your GY face-down; add 1 "Flamecast" Pendulum monster from your Extra Deck to your hand, then you can add 1 Pyro monster from your GY to your hand.

Flamecast Inferno
Normal Trap
If you control a Pyro monster: target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; inflict damage to your opponent equal to half of its current ATK, then destroy it. You can banish this card from your GY face-down: all Pyro monsters you control gain 200 ATK for each "Flamecast" monster you control.

Flamecast Eruption
Normal Trap
If you control a Pyro monster: target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy it. If a card was not destroyed with this effect, you can send 1 card your opponent controls to the GY. You can banish this card from your GY face-down; target 1 "Flamecast" monster you control; until the End Phase, it gains 500 ATK and if it destroys an opponent's monster by battle, draw 1 card.

Flamecast Flashflare
Normal Trap
If you control a Pyro monster: target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; negate its effects. You can banish this card from your GY face-down: gain 200 LP for each Pyro monster you control.

Flamecast Master Foundry
FIRE/Pyro
LINK 3

SW, S, SE
2500 ATK
~3 Pyro monsters
"Flamecast" monsters linked to this card can activate their effects during your opponent's turn. Once per turn, when your opponent activates a card or effect (Quick Effect): you can destroy 1 Pyro monster you control; negate the activation and destroy it. If you destroy a "Flamecast" monster with this effect, you can also shuffle 1 banished card into the Deck, then draw 1 card.

Interesting play style with clear goal. through quick skimming the wording also seems fine with 1 teeny-tiny problem IMO:

Once per turn, you can reveal one of your face-down banished cards; if it is a "Flamecast" Spell card, replace this effect with that card's effect.

While somewhat make sense since Facedown Banished is considered not public knowledge to extent the  underlined effect also implying that the effect is luck based...probably from flipping 1 of the cards without specifically choosing it which can be 1) randomly choose 1 random card from the entire banished facedowns which is not very comfortable for the player and after that we need to stack back all of those card at resolution with roughly same order or 2) it search the banished card within certain parameter like reveal the top (or bottom) of your banished card until you found the first banished card of that search. but the thing is this is obviously unlike players deck by nature and probably need a additional amount of effect to overrule the possible problem (like you can intentionally put all stack picked in any order since there no rule about it)

of course if that wording is changed to eliminate the luck factor all this problem can simply gone:

Once per turn. you can reveal one of your face-down banished cards "Flamecast" Spell card, replace this effect with that card's effect.

that is my general review. and now for the first 3 non-pendulum monster (the rest is for later)

D-Zell: so its basically a 2000 attacker that coupled as (FBoB) Foolish Burial of Belongings for archetype spell. its basically decent effect so i suppose it should be fine. it just slightly bothers me that it require a "secure" Normal Summon. while i think that Normal Summon is equally important as all summon i wanna make sure that summon ensure the investment  which in this card case hindered by the wording "When" and can lead the effect to miss timing. the rest of effect is fine other than the dilemma in general review above

K-Rosene: same as D-Zell albeit more defensive

Seaulier: obviously full-fledged FBoB effect. is better. and it can help the non-pendulum member in term of swarming and setting up so its nice

Directed towards Dr. Jolly Glot the III

Thank you for your review so far, I very much look forward to the rest. As for your critiques:

The face-down revealing shouldn't be a problem. Cards that are banished or sent to the GY must go in sequence; you are not allowed to rearrange the position of cards in those piles. As for the pseudo-randomness, you are allowed to look at your own face-down banished cards, and since the stack cannot be rearranged, unless cards are removed, as long as you remember which card is in which place, you should be fine. That should clear up any concern about the stacking and revealing effect, but please feel free to express any concerns.

I am okay with the "When" condition of the Normal Summons. Not much can really get in the way of the Summon, and the Summon doesn't offset its other effects. Now, if the Pendulums mess with each other if the try to activate effects, I will definitely change it to an "If"

ah busy busy busy...

i forgot to mention that the wording on the effect gain effects is a bit weird unless your cards is having Continuous effects. with most of your spell/trap being normal it simply not fitting. you can fix this easy however...just copy paste the "effect-copy" effects of the Darklord monster

up for the pendulums and Links we go

Candlecaller & Sparkspitter: this guy and the guy below it search Spell and Trap upon activation which can immediately give you advantage when your GY preparation is still undergoing keeping the tempo, nice. they also has effect that is either shuffle 3 cards GY or your Banished. which i guess is nice to recycle your deck if you (and probably most definitely) making Mill-Heavy version of the deck (kinda like Gran Maju OTK) but IMO, often times in this game instead replenishing card advantage just plain recycle effect is more often clog your hands even if all the returned card is the advantage heavy ones. unless of course it has additional advantage to compensate the potential clog. Drawing as like "Pot of Avarice" is particularly perfect for this case.

Matchmaker: so basically is an Omni-scale for the said archetype that also combo to setup your GY plays. seems decent. while i don't see the possiblity in many games that this will reach wide scale but it still nice to have option that happen to ease the summoning of non-Flamecast monster that you could tech-in to the deck. Monster effect has dual advantage being a searcher and a draw. the search effect is generally fine even if its locked on pendulum summon only so its not outclassed Seaulier entirely. i do fell a bit Iffy with a draw effect the "and sent to extra deck" is a bit to punishing since you already given up the Banish shenanigan already for it.

Master Foundry: Generic requirement is nice. it has interesting experimental-yet-plausible effect that allow your monster to activate their effect on opponent turn, which mainly for the copy effect. the negate and draw effects while as crazy as its sound is quite fair IMO as you need a a linked "tribute" and shuffling a advantage to triggered

P.S: i just realize that Seaulier search effect is generic as it add all pyros. thats really good. and seems asking for abuse. although luckily (for now) i don't see the way, yet

Once again, this is mainly for Dr. Jolly Glot the III

I did change the effects to now say "Apply that card's effects", if that helps it.

Candlecaller and Sparkspitter shuffle effects are primarily just to be different. You can potentially shuffle important banished cards or cards in your opponent's GY back into the Deck, or do it just to screw their consistency, or to recycle your own cards so that you can reuse them.

With Matchmaker and Seaulier, I wanted them to be different from the others, considered there were already 1 each that covered Spells and Traps. They're supposed to just close the gap, but also provide their own unique spin.

As for Matchmaker, the part about being sent to the Extra Deck doesn't really change much. It's a Pendulum monster, so unless it's destroyed in hand, Summon-negated, or something like Dimensional Fissure is active, it will go to the Extra Deck when destroyed.

And with Seaulier again, he isn't exactly generic. It only activates on Normal Summoned, it only adds Pyros from GY, and you have to send a "Flamecast" S/T as cost. Now, maybe something will somehow come along that makes it abusable, but I don't really see how considering the costs.

Once again, thank you for the reviews, and I will look forward to any that follow!

time to finish it up with the core strategy the S/T

Fireball: so basically your monster in away is gaining potential 2000-2400 (1000-1200 from gain, and 1000-1200 from reduction) nice to end game i suppose. but that's it.  a fine and practical but not really impressive card

Heatshield: nice dual protection not much to say

Phoenix: this is good as a card being a generic and (to a degree) searchable Monster reborn for Pyros.. which also make me worried a bit for potential abuse . 2nd effect is good as well being dual recycle effect with direct advantage

Inferno: this is strong. a potential huge damage with non-destruction removal. i suggest that this is better being archetype lock instead requiring generic Pyro to be triggered. stat gain effect is fine

Eruption: woah woah woah that removal effect is crazy its basically a better Time Pendulumgraph without the HOPT. moreover the fact that it can be activated via the monster effect. while i get it it meant to differentiate with the inferno i still think this (and Inferno maybe for sake of equal play-ability for both)  need to toned down. the stat buff and draw effect seems decent

Flashflare: the first effect is quite good. the banish one. not so much, while im a firm believer that one day LP based strategy can be good i don't think this will fit in much as a 1000-1200 gain in trap form doesn't really save you much unless you have other effects to back it up

Archived