The worst idea for an archetype game

Eshai

Similar to how the archetype game works. Someone comes up with literally the worst idea they can think of in 20 words or less, and the next person has to figure out how to make that bad idea into a good idea in 40 words or more. Just don't make it any longer than people are willing to read. After that repeat.

I'll start:

Zoodiac

Unlimit Ratpier, unlimit Drident, unlimit Broadbull, unlimit Terrortop, unban Emeral, unban Norden, unban Shock Master, unban Ptolemaeus, import Outer Entity Azzathoth, import Outer Entity Nyarla, ban Ghost Ogre and Snow Rabbit, ban Ash Blossom and Joyous Spring, ban Ghost Reaper and Winter Cherries, ban Raigeki, ban Dark Hole, ban Interrupted Kaiju Slumber, ban Torrential Tribute

There, 56 words. I can stop now. Now, my challenge is to make an archetype of

100 ATK, 100 DEF Level 5 or higher non-Pendulum Normal monsters. None of them are Dragon-type.

Alright, young padawan.

Koitsu/Soitsu/Aitsu/Doitsu series retrains into a archetype, using "Guy" as the archetype name (since that's what they're supposed to translate to), so all of them are  "This Guy", "That Guy", "That Other Guy", "Which Guy?" This time around, they're Level 5, 6, 7, and 8 all in order, and they have several Spell/Traps with high power levels that do things in particular sequences from lowest level to highest level (with no level meaning that they go first if you're doing destruction based effects.) I would like to request 1 Level 4 Effect Monster name "The Guy", perhaps a Union monster that can search them all somehow, with a Union effect that Special Summons the equip target from the hand with some kind of Deck defining protection effect. 

: I get the joke (and it's really funny too) but I meant more something that actually makes the archetype less cancerous mechanically speaking, as in changing the mechanic they use from instant Xyz Summoning to something else. Example would be having the Xyz monsters have effects that rank themselves up into 1 of the other Zoo Xyz, in which they would have different conditions in order to do so. This would make it so you can't just keep stacking them over and over, and you could also have Quick Effects so that you can get out of targeting. Also makes it so your turns can be divided up a little so there's more interactivity between you and the player.

Next:

An archetype of cards that banish each other face-down.

A boss that cannot be banished, period, and gains ATK and effects for each face-down banished card. Also, card that flips banished monsters face-up so that the banished ones can activate powerful effects that only trigger when banished. I'd call this archetype Admin. The boss would be Super-High Owner Ultimate Rank 9001 Admin. It would be a medium archetype, with a unique play style.

I'd tech the Owner Admin in my Toons.

Cards that negate their own attacks, as well as every attack you make with other monsters.

(Imma just stretch a prompt from the Duel Portal Club considering I made the prompt)

Supremacy's Rain

Idea would be a counter-oriented archetype where at the end of the Battle Phase if you didn't attack you gain a Cloud Counter (c'mon Cloudians aren't good anyway), and at the start of the Battle Phase, you can remove all of the Cloud Counter from the monster to gain that many additional attacks. They also have consistency effects that restrict their access to their next Battle Phase. However, that's not the end of it.

The Field Spell allows that if your opponent controls a monster and you control a "Supremacy's Rain" monster, you gain an additional Battle Phase. The idea is to give more of a "Battle Phase and a half" vibe that while isn't as straightforward as attacking twice can be manipulated in several ways. Also, Weather Report and just gaining additional Battle Phases is too cool to pass up cmon.

Next: 

The monsters negate the Normal, Flip, and/or Special Summons of your other monsters.

The Rebound Archetype:

The main monster can Special Summon itself from the hand, and negates the summons of your other monsters. However, whenever the summon of a monster is negated, it is returned to the hand. The rest of the monsters summon themselves through various means. You combine this with the backrow that do stuff when effects are activated to OTK your opponent.

Gemini Monsters that return to their hand at the end of the turn.

Gemini Spirit monsters that only gain their "return to the hand at the end of the turn" bit once they gain their Effect Monster status, so to exploit this they attempt to only temporarily gain their effects until they don't need them anymore, via Spell/Traps that can have them switch from Effect Monster to Normal Monster as a cost to gain Additional Normal Summon/Sets, get card advantage, and/or Special Summon themselves from the GY because they're treated as Normal Monsters there instead of Spirit Monsters that couldn't be Special Summoned otherwise.  (Not sure how you would word all of that though be my guest)

As for an archetype name, I'd say that they only gained their power when they left our realm, so something with Fiends and Fairies to go with the afterlife.

Next: Add your hand to your opponent's hand.

Effects that nuke your opponent’s field/LP if they have enough cards in their hand. Kyumi’s Chain Draw card will be useful. Also, cards that give you an instant wincon if your opponent has 20 cards in their hand, or more. Also effects that trigger when handless.

So, basically, better Infernities.

Hey, that’s a good name for the (sub)archetype!

Cards that make your opponent unable to lose LP.

Combo archetype that results in heavy burn. The catch? Most if not all of them work like False Swipe where you can't lower their LPs below certain amounts. This means you'll have to at least finish the game in the Battle Phase, where they also have pseudo-false swipe limitations on damage...great.

The Deck is about utilizing your resources in very particular ways to do short bursts of damage to try to distract your opponent from being offensive so you don't die.

Probably be using Fusions and Rituals, since both involve Spells, which you will you will have as many as you do Main Deck Monsters.

Next: Reveal all of your hand, the top cards of your Deck Convulsion of Nature style, and the Set Cards on your side of the field.

Archived