Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[DPR] Duelist Port Royal

Duel Portal Club DPR DPR Generics DPR Archetypes DPR Tournaments

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Advanced Members
  • 883 posts
    Last Visit Today, 06:09 PM
  • Discord:CMEshai#4706

Well, I did it, I made a Duel Portal club. To answer a couple questions:

Q: Who?

A: I’m Eshai. Everyone kept pronouncing my name wrong so now I spell it “Eeshay” which is how it’s pronounced rather than how it’s actually spelled. Typically I make cards in Advanced Card Design, whether that’s archetypes I spend weeks procrastinating at a time or generics I come up with in 5 minutes.

Q: What?

A: Duel-Portal is a not exactly elegant but functional website similar to Dueling Network, but you can make cards while online. However, it hasn’t been updated for Link Format, so, for now, people just use the Pendulum Zones as Extra Monster Zones. You can find it here.

What we’ll be doing is making archetypes together and putting cards into a set list named “DPR” for people to use on the Duel-Portal. What I mean by together is that we’ll have prompts less than a paragraph that describes the mechanics the archetype will use and what it exploits. The ideas at least have to be mechanically interesting, so flavor, Attributes and such are only secondary. By mechanics, I just mean common effects, sub-archetypes within the archetype, and how you win.

Then, either you or someone else makes the written piece of the archetype. After some broad stroke reviewing and approval, the cards become unofficial.

Finally, you or someone else takes the cards into the Duel-Portal and tests them against other players, editing along the way. After getting a couple duels with players in the DPR, some editing. and approval from a Tester, the archetype becomes official and ready for competitive play in the DPR format of the Duel-Portal.

Eventually, after we get around 10-15 official archetypes and 30-50 official generics we’ll start hosting tournaments having people use our cards. Of course, we can just join the tournaments but a couple of us will probably have to judge (if anyone has judged in real tournaments that would probably be you.)

Q: Why?

A: Because there isn’t one and hasn’t been one (or maybe there was and I wasn’t there for it). There is a Discord, but Discord doesn’t have the post permanence that allows for proper reviews of archetypes, since if the first couple of people ignore it no one will ever see it again. I personally like dueling with the cards I make but usually no one is around on the website when I need them, so I’d rather make a club with around a dozen people so we can ask on the club forum rather than PM a bunch of people to only be doing something when they answer back.

Q: Where?

A: Here (what kind of question is that?)

Q: When?

A: Now I think? While we won’t be hosting tournaments immediately, I would like to by January. For now, we’ll just be making and testing cards on the Duel Portal.

More information is below, 

Link Format

Advanced Clauses

Joining and Leaving the DPM

Making Archetype Prompts

Making Generic Card Prompts

Approving your DPM Creations

Occupations:

Members thus far

Members

This is where you can add ideas for archetypes or pick up ideas from other club members to make archetypes. 

Prompts for Archetypes

Cards in the DPR

Archetypes

Generics

[background=transparent]Duelist Port Royal (link here):[/background][background=transparent] Will be making cards, archetypes, and hosting tournaments on the Duel-Portal. If you have good ideas, like creating card art, or you would just like to test your own cards in real gameplay on the Duel-Portal, feel free to PM me or contact us on the club page.
My DPR Generics
[/background]

Fukato

Fukato

"The Key to Destiny"

• Advanced Members
  • 513 posts
    Last Visit Today, 07:05 AM
  • Discord:Fukato#3541
https://forum.yugioh...95#entry7039595

https://forum.yugioh...hetype-written/

https://forum.yugioh...e/#entry7041811

Is it possible if I can add these to the DPM? Of course, please review them if you can (except the ones that would be counted for necrobumpin or just hit me a pm). Up to you Eshai.

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 883 posts

The idea would be you have to come up with an interesting prompt for the archetype first, and if you can sell the mechanical idea of the archetype (AKA what the archetype actually does) then it'll go up in the prompts list.

I’ve got to say though I really love the idea of a R.E.M and Sleeping, in general, becoming an archetype, although looking over it the cards don’t seem to have many mechanics involving sleep and such. I drafted what you could do with the archetype that would emulate Sleep and R.E.M.

Mechanically Speaking:

• EARTH - Level x - Psychic/Tuner/Effect - 0 ATK/0 DEF

• Main Mechanic: Dreaming: “While this face-up card cannot attack, it gains the following effect:”

• Sleep Stages = R.E.M Phases (Draw, Standby, Main, Battle, Main, End)

• First Fall: Puts you in a position where you cannot attack specifically for advantage

• Calm Before Storm: Field Spell that searches out the other Field Spells, and then has an effect for when it’s destroyed. (processing information to make a Field Spell)

• Deep Dive: Side Effects such as Sleepwalking, Sleeptalking (Effect Damage), Night Terror, and Bedwetting (Self Destruction)

• Felt Cold: Silence (Negation)

• R.E.M: Mimics effects but with alterations, Field Spells and boss monsters.

• Awakening: Self Negation for Card Destruction.

• Dreamworlds (this Archetype would have at least 3 Field Spells not including the one that searches)

• Dream Conflict: Saying no to something = brain makes the image whether or not you want it or not: Counter Counter? “The effect of “” monsters cannot be negated” (all Field Spells)

So my idea for a prompt would be:

R.E.M: Archetype that utilizes monsters that gain their effects similar to Gemini or Noble Knights but only when they’re not allowed to attack, flavor-wise because that would mean they’re sleeping. The worlds they dream up come into play by utilizing several Field Spells relating to different kinds of environments you’d find in dreams, including a template Field Spell that can search 1 of the archetype Field Spells. The Tuners can also use any monsters on the field as Synchro Materials as long as they’re unable to attack like they are.

Yay or nay?

[background=transparent]Duelist Port Royal (link here):[/background][background=transparent] Will be making cards, archetypes, and hosting tournaments on the Duel-Portal. If you have good ideas, like creating card art, or you would just like to test your own cards in real gameplay on the Duel-Portal, feel free to PM me or contact us on the club page.
My DPR Generics
[/background]

Fukato

Fukato

"The Key to Destiny"

• Advanced Members
  • 513 posts
Sounds good for the prompt. I'll take it as I love your version of the idea a LOT. I'll see what I can do within the next few days.

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 883 posts
Note that Egmoedeus and I talked about the wording and figured that the way it is at the moment would have to specify that they cannot attack because a card effect is negating them from attacking. At the moment I have no idea how you would word that, but I'll update you after checking up on some similar OCG.
My DPR Generics
[/background]

Fukato

Fukato

"The Key to Destiny"

• Advanced Members
  • 513 posts
Duly noted. I shall keep that in mind as I think of designs in creation.

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 883 posts

Alright I've been thinking of how to adapt DOOM into Yugioh ever since Cyberse were announced and I think I figured it out:

• Cyberse and Fiends with Doomguy as a Warrior.
  • I'll be adapting DOOM's Glory Kill system by making it so the Warriors can destroy other Fiends or Cyberse monsters you control to move to their Zone, with the Cyberse and Fiends giving you stuff when destroyed depending on what killed them.
  • Link monsters will also be Warriors with the same Glory Kill style effect, meaning you can move to different zones and in turn moving the Link Markers so you can play more Extra Deck monsters

I need more. Anything else that DOOM has that works with the mechanics I've already figured out?

Also if anyone wants creative inspiration adapting the most interesting mechanics of video games is usually a great start.

My DPR Generics
[/background]

BGM キャノン

BGM キャノン

ガーベージ アーティスト (Garbage Artist)

• Advanced Members
  • 977 posts
    Last Visit Today, 02:37 PM

"Aspire to be bad at everything you do, you will gradually become a diamond in a pile of garbage" - anonymous

Awards I didn't expect winning

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 883 posts

Couple things we could use from Egmoedeus

Generic that could be put in unofficial

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/366286-weapon-embodiment/

Potential Archetype Prompt

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/364328-disruptive-ripples/

We could probably do something with the shuffle mechanic, perhaps in something along the lines of Familiar-Possessed being able to Special Summon themselves from the Deck along with the shuffle mechanic.

Also thinking of a Bakugan archetype that can Special Summon themselves in the same column as archetype continuous Spell/Traps. There's the 6 Attribute boosts on the magnets but I'd rather not adapt that. Instead, maybe there's a couple of the gimmick mechanics that they had that I can adapt.

May also be posting an archetype today heads up.

My DPR Generics
[/background]

BGM キャノン

BGM キャノン

ガーベージ アーティスト (Garbage Artist)

• Advanced Members
  • 977 posts
    Last Visit Today, 02:37 PM

"Aspire to be bad at everything you do, you will gradually become a diamond in a pile of garbage" - anonymous

Awards I didn't expect winning

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 883 posts

Been trying to figure out the wording for the Sinister SIx Samurai prompt that works. What I have so far:

If a “” monster you control is targeted for an attack, or by a card or effect: You can change the target to this card, and if it was a attack, perform damage calculations. You can only use this effect of “” once per turn.

Not sure if all of that is right but whatever.

As for references for the archetype go, I found these which might be helpful, although some of them haven't been updated in a while so I'm not sure how right they are.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Patrician_of_Darkness choosing targets

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Belial_-_Marquis_of_Darkness targeted by an attack or card effect

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Roulette_Spider changing targets and performing battle with your own monsters (This is important)

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Magical_Arm_Shield (older version of the Roulette Spider effect but could be used for the archetype.

As for Roulette Spider, I think you could make a prompt where you can attack your own monsters. I believe this would probably be Dinosaur themed or would be a part of the DOOM archetype I have in mind, but either way, it looks like a cool mechanic we could screw around with. Probably would include a monster that has to attack all monster on the field, if able.

I'm almost done with Bone Diviners. I'm technically done with Hellions but I feel they're a bit iffy on the balancing side so I'd like to know if there's anything I could do with the prompt to make it better.

My DPR Generics
[/background]

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 883 posts

Also, does anyone think we should allow face-down Attack Position to exist? Feel like that was just a cop out from Konami.

My DPR Generics
[/background]

vla1ne

vla1ne

The Last (A)utomata

• Elite Members
  • 3,371 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 09:48 PM
  • Spouse:Lung Tien Lien

Also, does anyone think we should allow face-down Attack Position to exist? Feel like that was just a cop out from Konami.

nah. while i'm sad to see it go, only one (glorious meme) card could actually do it, so there's nothing really lost from doing so. and while there was some insanely fun potential there for an archetype based upon face-down attack position monsters (FUCKING SUBTERRORS!), it simply wasn't something that the folks at konami wished to attempt.

"Watch, Listen, and Think For Yourself"

nothing of interest

My friend codes are:
ThatGuy @4957-40030345 PM me and I'll add you.

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 883 posts

Does anyone want to try out the Duel-Portal later? I have the Affinfinity archetype on there and I figure some of you might want to see it.

My DPR Generics
[/background]

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 883 posts

Working on the Binoculus archetype a bit. I have some effect templates, but I'm a bit lost for the Field Spell

Prompt:

Binoculus (might need a new name): Arcana Force style coin toss effects but after their effects resolve they switch the side of the coin. While it uses luck as a main mechanic, the idea is making the coin toss matter but not define the experience for the rest of the game. So there won’t be negative effects unless the stats are higher than average. Example: Anime Arcana Force Retrains

When this card is Summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect.

● Heads:

● Tails:

After this card’s effect resolves, treat this card’s effect as the opposite coin toss. You can only use each effect of “” once per turn.

Simple and effective version

Each time <you/your opponent does a thing>: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effect.

● Heads:

● Tails:

You can only use each effect of “” once per turn.

This version isn't as immediate but can eventually gain both effects. Also very versatile in what it can become.

Planning on using both. Anyone see any OCGrammar problems, or have any ideas for effects?

My DPR Generics
[/background]

Fukato

Fukato

"The Key to Destiny"

• Advanced Members
  • 513 posts
https://forum.yugioh...e/#entry7044735

Here is the Shrouding Slumber Archetype for the sleep archetype about not attacking.

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 883 posts

Been working on the Scrap-Iron archetype (which OCG-wise isn't a sub-group of the Scrap Archetype). Looking to make Spell/Trap support but a bit unknown on what the Field Spell will be like.

The idea is that they can be Special Summoned from the GY in face-down Defense Position if they were destroyed while face-up. Not sure if that bit of the effect should be once per turn or not but for now it is.

Scrap-Iron Sparrow Crow

WIND - Level 4 - Machine/Flip/Effect - 1200 ATK/1700 DEF

FLIP: You can destroy 1 “Scrap-Iron” card you control, and if you do, Special Summon 1 “Scrap-Iron” monster from your Deck in face-up or face-down Defense Position, also, after that, you can treat this card as a Tuner.

MONSTER: If this face-up card is destroyed and sent to the GY: You can Special Summon this card in face-down Defense Position. You can only use each effect of this card once per turn.

Scrap-Iron Sea Horse

WATER - Level 3 - Machine/Tuner/Effect - 800 ATK/1200 DEF

When a “Scrap-Iron" card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can destroy 1 “Scrap-Iron” card you control to Special Summon this card from your GY. You can only use this effect of “Scrap-Iron Sea Horse” once per turn.

Scrap-Iron Star Fish

WATER - Level 4 - Machine/Flip/Effect - 0 ATK/2200 DEF

FLIP: You can Set 1 “Scrap-Iron” Spell/Trap from your Deck, also, after that, you can treat this card as a Tuner.

MONSTER: If this face-up card is destroyed and sent to the GY: You can Special Summon this card in face-down Defense Position. You can only use each effect of this card once per turn.

Scrap-Iron Spider Monkey

EARTH - Level 3 - Machine/Tuner/Effect - 1400 ATK/1300 DEF

While this card is in your hand or on your side of the field (Quick Effect): You can destroy this card to change 1 face-down monster you control to face-up Defense Position. If this face-up card is destroyed and sent to the GY: You can Special Summon this card in face-down Defense Position. You can only use each effect of this card once per turn.

Scrap-Iron Stag Beetle

EARTH - Level 4 - Machine/Flip/Effect - 2000 ATK/1500 DEF

FLIP: You can destroy 1 card you control and 1 card your opponent controls, also, after that, you can treat this card as a Tuner.

MONSTER: At the end of the turn this card was Normal or Flip Summoned: Destroy it. If this face-up card is destroyed and sent to the GY: You can Special Summon this card in face-down Defense Position. You can only use each effect of this card once per turn.

Scrap-Iron Skeleton Gauss

EARTH - Level 7 - Machine/Synchro/Flip/Effect - 2400 ATK/2500 DEF

1 “Scrap-Iron” Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner Machine monsters

FLIP: You can up to 2 Spell/Traps on the field.

MONSTER: This card can be If this face-down card would be targeted or destroyed by an opponent’s card effect: When your opponent activates a card or effect that targets this face-down monster (Quick Effect): You can change this card to face-up Defense Position. If this face-up card is destroyed and sent to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 “Scrap-Iron” monster from your GY in face-up or face-down Defense Position. You can only use each effect of “Scrap-Iron Skeleton Gauss” once per turn.

Scrap-Iron Sea Dragon

WATER - Level 8 - Machine/Synchro/Flip/Effect - 2200 ATK/2900 DEF

1 “Scrap-Iron” Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner Machine monsters

Flip: You can destroy all other face-up monsters on the field.

Monster: When this card is Special Summoned: You can destroy 1 card you control and 1 card your opponent controls. If this face-up card is destroyed and sent to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 “Scrap-Iron” monster from your GY in face-up or face-down Defense Position. You can only use each effect of “Scrap-Iron Sea Dragon” once per turn.

Scrap-Iron Scavenging

Spell - Continuous

When this card is activated: You can destroy 1 card you control to add 1 “Scrap-Iron” monster from your Deck to your hand. If a “Scrap-Iron” card you control is destroyed, you can Set this face-up card.  If this card is destroyed and sent to the GY, you can Set 1 “Scrap-Iron” Spell/Trap from your GY with a different name. You can only activate each effect of “Scrap-Iron Scavenging” once per turn.

Scrap-Iron Cycling

Spell - Quick-Play
Activate 1 or both of these effects, in any order, also, after that, if this card was activated from the hand, you can Set this card. You can only activate each effect of “Scrap-Iron” Recycling” once per turn.
● Change the battle position of 1 “Scrap-Iron” monster you control to face-down Defense Position.

● Target 1 monster on the field; change that monster’s battle position.
If this card is sent to the GY: You can Set 1 "Scrap-Iron" Spell/Trap with a different name from your hand. It can be activated the turn it was Set.

Scrap-Iron Recycling

Trap - Normal

Special Summon 1 Machine monster from your GY in face-up or face-down Defense Position. If your opponent Special Summons a card from their GY, while this card is in your GY: You can Set this card, but banish it when it leaves the field.

EDIT: These are pretty broken, so I'm not adding these for now. Maybe if I come up for a better idea for them, but for now I have better ideas to work on.

Edited by Eshai, 13 December 2017 - 07:07 PM.

My DPR Generics
[/background]

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 883 posts

Rest of the cards have been posted.

https://forum.yugioh...iron-archetype/

My DPR Generics
[/background]

Nekomata

Nekomata

The Sassiest Majespecter

• Members
  • 112 posts
    Last Visit Jul 17 2018 11:12 AM
  • Discord:Nekomata#3064

Some ideas:

Starburst: An Archetype based off the life of a Star, which likes to self destruct. "If a Starburst monster is destroyed, destroy all monsters on the field." The monsters deal damage/activate their effects when destroyed by a card effect, and they're quite fast if you can keep destroying your own monsters; trying to Summon the boss monsters (Tribute monsters that can be Special Summoned by the previous form). 

I think autodestruction is a big thing in YGO and has lots of potential. This Archetype can use Eshai's Overdose on Destruction to get even faster.

Paper Airplane: WIND Psychic Pendulum monsters that can battle once, then they get destroyed. They have effects that return the monsters from the Extra Deck to the hand to keep Summoning each turn. Their boss monsters are rank 4 XYZ monsters that can be Summoned easily due to the swarming abilities of the Archetype. 

Clock: "A Clock monster gains 100 DEF and 1 level for each Time Counter on that card". An XYZ focused Archetype which uses Counters to change the Levels of the monsters. The player must use it correctly to get 2 monsters of equal level, or just use the Time monsters's effects to Summon them more easily and faster.

I already have a few ideas for the monsters/spells for the Archetypes.

Any suggestions?

Archetypes I've made so far

I'm also writing a Fanfiction! https://forum.yugioh...nion-cross-dpr/

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 883 posts

Starburst:

If you make them elemental and different colors that would be hilarious. I like the flavor (puns) but if that's all there is to them it isn't all that unique (since cards that activate when they're destroyed aren't all that unique). I might take some inspiration from candy starburst and actual stars, where they can "absorb"/destroy candies to increase there Levels. You could then rather make it Fusion or Synchro based depending on how you want it. 

So yeah I would continue developing that idea.

Paper Airplane: 

Ok I love the flavor, the fact they die immediately and can be recycled (because they're paper) is pretty cool, but then you have the Xyz monsters that are literally overlaying the paper to make cooler combinations. Then you have the fact that they're Psychic to explain how they throw themselves. It's a great idea. I might add some ideas to how they exploit the effects though, since Xyz Summoning means the Xyz Materials goto the GY instead. Possibly give the Xyz an effect that after attacking it Special Summons the Materials and then destroys itself for further swarm. 

Also, might rename them to "Paperplane" since you're making a pun on a "Paper's Plain" or how plain-looking Paper is. It isn't that relevant but it decreases word count and it makes giving cards fluent and diverse names a breeze. 

Clock: 

I feel focusing more on time itself would do better for flavor, but having Levels as hours is also interesting. I might instead make the Extra Deck Synchro Monsters since you'd be adding up the amount of hours. Possibly have effects that decrease their Levels/use Counters to do a thing, such as Special Summoning monsters with equal or less of a Level than the Levels/Counters you used. I would for now focus on the other 2 since they seem more interesting. 

Pretty solid ideas. I'm currently debating on working on the Doomvalen (Doom) Archetype or Winter's Reign (Christmas themed archetype using the Reindeer where I use the previous prompt for Supremacy's Rain where the archetype would utilize having 2 Battle Phases. Also "Winter's Rain" just means snow and hail and "Winter's Reign" just references the length of Winter)

My DPR Generics
[/background]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users