Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[DPR] Duelist Port Royal

Duel Portal Club DPR DPR Generics DPR Archetypes DPR Tournaments

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Fukato

Fukato

"The Key to Destiny"

• Advanced Members
  • 518 posts
    Last Visit Today, 03:04 AM
  • Discord:Fukato#3541
Here's this one I thought up of for EARTH Beast and EARTH Plant, aka Fast Food Restaurant deck that uses Rituals.

https://forum.yugioh...e/#entry7047604

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 890 posts
    Last Visit Aug 16 2018 05:12 AM
  • Discord:CMEshai#4706

Fukato: You have to make a satisfactory prompt that tells people what the Deck is trying to do and how it does it before you submit the archetype (also would be nice if you didn't make every single Field Spell a +infinity).

Want to add something to the "Plotseeker" archetype (the one with the dice rolls)

Since the archetype is a reference to Dungeons & Dragons, I figured that the Field Spell could have "If you roll a six-sided die and the result is 20, you win the duel" since the archetype revolves around increasing the result of your dice rolls via counters, Equip Spells, and/or Quick Effects similar to how stats, Armor/Weapon, and Abilities/Buffs Spells work in D&D. I thought it would be cool if actually rolling a nat 20 would win you the game.

[background=transparent]Duelist Port Royal (link here):[/background][background=transparent] Will be making cards, archetypes, and hosting tournaments on the Duel-Portal. If you have good ideas, like creating card art, or you would just like to test your own cards in real gameplay on the Duel-Portal, feel free to PM me or contact us on the club page.
My DPR Generics
[/background]

Gh8stree

Gh8stree

Fresh Member

• Members
  • 4 posts
    Last Visit Jan 04 2018 08:55 PM

Can I join, Im a member of the Discord and can be messaged on here and get back to you within two days. Thank you and I look forward to this!
One of my concepts is an archetype called Diceper (their names are all based on "Diaper", "Dire", "Spire" "Per-","-Sper", "Spur-", or a word that rhymes with Diceper.
Their function is to force an opponent to draw (or make effects that can be negated by drawing many cards) to deck out the opponent. It is very hard to balance, but by keeping a Diceper monster on the field and Changing the opponent's effect to make them draw cards can help to balance it. They will also be based on Rolling Dice, so It is a very high-risk, high-reward deck that can be meta.

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 890 posts

We already have a Deck that draws your opponent cards called "Affinfinity" (Means Infinite Affinity, or Infinite Charity) but the ability to change effects to "draw 1 card" similar to how Artifact Durandal changes effects to destroying your Spell/Traps would be a great idea for the archetype that I hadn't considered before, so yeah that'll be implemented in my next edits to the archetype.

As for the Dice, we already have a dice-esc prompt called Plotseeker where they can also increase the results of the dice roll via Counters, Equip Spells, and Quick-Effects, which is a callback to how D&D handles RNG, by having dice but by also having stats, items, and such to increase your chances of success, which is how dice should be handled considering simply including dice haphazardly is not only lazy but if the Deck is any good it would be detrimental to high-level play. 

If you have any interesting ideas for dice I'll list below. 

I'll list you as a Tester since you're on the Duel-Portal more often than not.

[background=transparent]Duelist Port Royal (link here):[/background][background=transparent] Will be making cards, archetypes, and hosting tournaments on the Duel-Portal. If you have good ideas, like creating card art, or you would just like to test your own cards in real gameplay on the Duel-Portal, feel free to PM me or contact us on the club page.
My DPR Generics
[/background]

Fukato

Fukato

"The Key to Destiny"

• Advanced Members
  • 518 posts
Olympicolossus Archetype:

This is an Archetype of LIGHT and DARK Beasts and Beast-Warriors that are "battle-oriented". By battle-oriented, they can't deal damage but whenever a monster attacks and you have the Field Spell Card out, you can pay 100 LP to deal 100 damage (or keep it different 1 amount and it must deal that same amount paid like the anime card Amazoness Arena). The monsters aid in getting and protecting the Field Spell Card and its supports while the Boss monster allows for more activations of the Field Spell Card. More or less, this will be like fist fighting with player against player, instead of player against monster or monster against monster. Spell Cards and Trap Cards of this archetype negate damage except by the Field Spell and helps the negation of removal effects.

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 890 posts

PvP has always been an interesting concept, although the way you worded the prompt is a bit strange. I'm a bit confused on what the archetype does. It seems that you walled yourself off by having it entirely based on the Field Spell that you might not always have, and just said that you want the cards to protect that Field Spell. 

Instead, I might have it so all of the monster can enable PvP, where you can pay up to a certain amount of LPs to deal an equal amount of damage to your opponent. Then, you have effects that increase the intervals of effect damage you deal so you can profit. The monsters themselves would not only be inable to deal damage, but also have a focus on DEF attacking so that you don't take damage yourself from opponent's attacks. This may not have to include all of the monsters, possibly just the Extra Deck monsters.

The Field Spell would probably do something similar to the Trickstar one where every time you use the sort of effect (or just damage your opponent with a "" card) you can repeat the process of paying LPs to do damage after a monster does.

So yeah I would make the focus on a slow painful value game where even LPs matter. That would probably fit what you're looking for with this archetype. Possibly even add Stun and Protection effects specifically to screw with your opponent's ability to finish the game. 

Name feels a bit too cluttered though. I would go for something that runs off the tongue a bit better. 

My DPR Generics
[/background]

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 890 posts

New prompt for a possible Dragon Ball adaption.

Seven Star

Archetype focused on ranking up a specific monster, similar to Harpie Lady or SPYRAL if they were mixed with Raid Raptor or Utopia. How it works is similar to Zoodiac, but don’t expect it to be so simple as to keep stacking monsters on top of each other immediately after another. Instead, you have trigger-like Quick Effects to Xyz Change into the next change. It’s slower but has more protection. This is all specifically to replicate Dragon Ball’s Super Saiyan mechanic, where they comically change their haircut to increase their power, which I would say is very similar to Xyz Change. You may also make a Synchro for Shenron and a Fusion monster that gains effects depending on the Fusion Materials (similar to Metaphys Horus if you need reference).

Already made a Synchro for Shenron to adapt what the wishes do (tbh all there really is in Dragon Ball as wishes go is either deus ex BS people back to life every time someone dies or immortality which is almost never achieved)

Xīwànglong, the Seven Starred Dragon

LIGHT - Level 7 - Dragon/Synchro/Effect - 0 ATK/2800 DEF

1 Tuner + 2+ non-Tuner

You can Tribute this card to activate 1 of these Quick Effects.

● Special Summon 1 monster from your GY, except “Xīwànglong, the Seven Starred Dragon”.

● Target 1 “Seven Star” monster you control; it cannot be destroyed by battle, is unaffected by your opponent’s card effects, and cannot be Tributed or used as a material for a Special Summon until the end of the turn.

My DPR Generics
[/background]

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 890 posts

Please welcome Azuriena, who will be doing archetypes and reviews for the DPR. 

Also, how does everyone feel about making a Discord as a way for more interactive card discussion amongst the team? At first, I made the club for post permanence, but I think that's really only for card and archetype posts.

My DPR Generics
[/background]

Fukato

Fukato

"The Key to Destiny"

• Advanced Members
  • 518 posts
That would be fine with me. My Discord is Fukato#3541 if you want to add me.

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 890 posts

Posted some of the generics thus far in the generics category. Will be gathering more of yours later but it's harder when you don't put the (DPR) symbol there or "DPR Generics" in the tags.

My DPR Generics
[/background]

Fukato

Fukato

"The Key to Destiny"

• Advanced Members
  • 518 posts
The Romanticondere Archetype, an archetype that has Level 1 and 2 monsters. Their Spell/Trap Cards have effects that the opponent chooses for you, some negative and some positive. There are also effects that happens when they are returned to your hand like a love letter being returned. (Think of the GX episode of Manjoume/Chazz confessing his love for Asuka/Alexis.) They have Link Monsters called "Dramaticondere" that gives your opponent's your Spell/Trap Cards and can even force their activations. The Spell/Trap Cards vary from doing effect damage, increasing LP, drawing cards, discarding cards, etc. The Main Deck monsters search out the Spell/Trap Cards and can give control of themselves to the opponent.

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 890 posts

The Romanticondere Archetype, an archetype that has Level 1 and 2 monsters. K. Skeptical of the name though. I might make this LIGHT Zombies, having them be Victorian style Vampires, although that may be a overdone trope.

Their Spell/Trap Cards have effects that the opponent chooses for you, some negative and some positive. This is definitely interesting, although I hope you have some ways of “persuading” your opponent into doing what you want, like you have optional costs or something that lets you choose which effect you need. This goes well with the theme and would give you a chance to activate what would otherwise be inherently the better effect.

There are also effects that happens when they are returned to your hand like a love letter being returned. (Think of the GX episode of Manjoume/Chazz confessing his love for Asuka/Alexis.)

Alright

They have Link Monsters called "Dramaticondere" that gives your opponent's your Spell/Trap Cards and can even force their activations. Similar to my Affinfinity archetype, I would give 1 of the cards a ability to add a card from your Deck/GY to your opponent’s hand, and then have cards that can swap cards from both player’s hands. Or you could even have a card that stays revealed in their hand and forces them to let you pick which effect you get.

The Spell/Trap Cards vary from doing effect damage, increasing LP, drawing cards, discarding cards, etc. Makes sense. I might also have ways of increasing their LPs, and then having effects similar to how Nurseburn works where you can swap LP increases for Effect damage. With the whole “giving out of romance theme” it’s an interesting concept, but I wouldn’t make the Deck entirely that, more have it as something you can use the Deck for so you can run several versions of the Deck.

The Main Deck monsters search out the Spell/Trap Cards and can give control of themselves to the opponent. Giving control of the monster to your opponent is a cool idea, but I feel maybe not give every monster this since you need to get out a Link Monster. Maybe 1-2 monsters max (possibly just the searchers). If you make this Zombies, you could also have monsters that can be Special Summoned if your opponent controls a Zombie.

YEAH that’s a solid idea. There’s a lot you can do with it, and a lot of different ideas that if done right could merge together seamlessly. I would make this 1 of the archetypes we get ready for the tournament in January. I do think you should go less monsters (maybe 3 or 4 for now) and more Spells/Traps (6-9) with possibly just 1 or 2 Link monsters. If you want to go even further with the “romantic” link concept, you could have the Link monsters work like Chimeratech Fortress Dragon where you can use your opponent’s Zombie monsters, and even maybe give control of the Link monster to your opponent and have them with up pointing arrows.

My DPR Generics
[/background]

Sleepy

Sleepy

;9

• Soothing Star~
  • 13,086 posts
    Last Visit Today, 02:45 PM

This sounds like a fun project. I'll be following it. I mostly read the rules but have yet to finish the card pool list. That'll take a little while.

I might be able to submit something here xD

My main drawback is my lack of Duel Portal. I think I had an account like 5 years ago but I never got to actually use it. I recall having been able to upload like 2 cards back then.

Armz Stand Sig
Le Crayon Corner~
Goats
Other sigs

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 890 posts

We're not using it all that much at the moment since we're in the process of making the cards, but I've been every once in a while putting the cards we've made thus far on the Duel-Portal. As for now, what do you want to be signed in for? We have occupations we don't care too much about but it tells people what we're doing and what we're good at. 

Occupations:

Archetype Designer

Archetype Support Designer

Generic Designer

Artist

Reviewer

DPR Tester

Eventually (like a year from now maybe) I'd like to get the cards programmed on YGOpro, but 1 victory at a time. 

My DPR Generics
[/background]

Sleepy

Sleepy

;9

• Soothing Star~
  • 13,086 posts

We're not using it all that much at the moment since we're in the process of making the cards, but I've been every once in a while putting the cards we've made thus far on the Duel-Portal. As for now, what do you want to be signed in for? We have occupations we don't care too much about but it tells people what we're doing and what we're good at. 

Occupations:

Archetype Designer

Archetype Support Designer

Generic Designer

Artist

Reviewer

DPR Tester

Eventually (like a year from now maybe) I'd like to get the cards programmed on YGOpro, but 1 victory at a time. 

I kinda wanna be Generic Designer primarily, and Reviewer

Veeeeery occasionally I can be artist (my profile header is a sample of what I draw like, even though it's all traditionally), but I don't usually have a ton of time for that.

I'll first try to get to know all the cards made so far and see what's up. Gotta get a feel of the intended power level, speed level, and what mechanics are accepted (in case there might be any that are not).

Armz Stand Sig
Le Crayon Corner~
Goats
Other sigs

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 890 posts

I'll put you on the list. Everyone welcome Sleepy to the DPR!

My DPR Generics
[/background]

Sleepy

Sleepy

;9

• Soothing Star~
  • 13,086 posts

I'll put you on the list. Everyone welcome Sleepy to the DPR!

Thanks xP

Um just to clarify:
The generic list from the OP is all in, but the archetype spoiler is only for the concepts.

Are all archetypes currently on debate within the comments or is any of them officially in?

Also, does the finishing product entail a format exclusively with these made cards, or does it intend to mix them with the entirety of the Konami-made card pool? Or maybe it'll have some Konami cards and mainly consist on custom cards?

Armz Stand Sig
Le Crayon Corner~
Goats
Other sigs

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 890 posts

The archetype PROMPTS are just the concepts. They haven't been made yet unless they're displayed in the archetypes list. I did make Affinfinity and Scrap-Iron but it was kinda overpowered so I'm reworking them. 

As for what makes cards official, you have to test them in the Duel Portal, since otherwise you really have no idea how fun a card is to use. I'll be posting Affinfinity by December, I'm working on Future Purged which attacks their own monsters, Nekomata has been working on Paperplanes which look like they're going to be a fun take on Xyz Pendulums, and Fukato is at the moment working on Romanticondere with some strange and dubious takes on romance adapted into Yugioh Mechanics (which I haven't added to the prompts list yet whoops.) By the time 2 of us make a archetype we'll have enough cards to start testing. 

There's a generic list on a Google Doc that's more up to date since I haven't updated it recently (since it's hard to add each card individually I tend to put a dozen or so in all at once). I'll send you the link.

We haven't discussed it yet, but I'm planning to make the rule that you can run 5 cards made by Konami (including Extra Deck). This is more to just give the option of running the essentials while not breaking the format with cards that were made outside of it.

I have a 4 day weekend after tomorrow, so I should be able to get a lot done if I can stay motivated. 

My DPR Generics
[/background]

Sleepy

Sleepy

;9

• Soothing Star~
  • 13,086 posts

If a generics card whose thread is a little on the old side is found, I'll talk about it in this thread instead.

Monsters

Spells and Traps

I didn't read the entirety of the discussions within those threads, so hopefully I did not just repeat something already said in there without anything new.... and I will check out the document later to see what's different and what's not in this list.

Armz Stand Sig
Le Crayon Corner~
Goats
Other sigs

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 890 posts

Replies to Reviews

Monsters

Spell/Traps

My DPR Generics
[/background]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users