Please welcome Dova and DuelFanta! Dova will not only be making archetypes and reviewing, but also be Judging in our competition in late January. DuelFanta will be testing cards, so if you ever wanna go to the Duel-Portal to test your cards we have another person to help. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These look fair for Future Purged?

Scamps, Scavenger of Future Purge

FIRE - Level 2 - Fiend/Effect - 1100 ATK/200 DEF

When this card destroys a monster by battle or is destroyed by battle: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower “Future Purged” monster from your Deck in Attack Position, but it cannot attack during the Battle Phase this turn. You can only use this effect of this card once per turn.

Future Purge

Spell - Field

When this card is activated: You can add 1 “Future Purge” monster from your GY to your hand.

If a “Future Purge” monster monster you control is destroyed by battle and would be sent to the GY, return it to your hand instead. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 monster on the field; for the rest of the turn, any damage a player would take from a battle involving it increases your LP by an equal amount instead.

Where are the archetype pages in the OP? I've seen a few DPR sets in multiples, and was going to look up Future Purged, but...

I've been remodeling the front page a bit, as well as editing a couple of my prompts that were dissatifactory:

Future Purge (originally called "Doomvalen")

A toolbox of FIRE monsters, mainly composed Fiends and Cyberse monsters based on the enemies in DOOM made by Id™ Software with effects that have effect triggers like “if this card is attacked” or “when this card is destroyed by battle”. Sound simple? Well, you all have a couple of Warrior LINK monsters with the effects of being able to attack your own monsters with them, and then moving to their Monster Zones. This is a means of adapting one of the mechanical achievements of the new Doom, the Glory Kill system, which encourages you to get close and personal when low on health, unlike most FPS games where you're encouraged to wait behind cover.

another (it's a bit generic but that's kinda the point)

Fire of the Future Purge

Trap - Normal

All monsters on the field must attack monsters, if able. Monsters can attack monsters their owner's controls. These changes last until the end of the turn. You can banish this card from your GY; Special Summon 1 “Future Purge” monsters from your GY, and if you do, have it attack a monster on either field.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/369312-writtendpr-streamclunksteamclunk-archetype-continuous-spell-card-and-tokens/

The Aqua/Pyro Token Spam archetype, Streamclunk/Steamclunk, has been made. Please look at it sometime!

I'll look into it tomorrow for OCG. Dova already gave the go ahead, but Imma see if I can help with the OCG

As for another prompt I'm working on, I'd like to do something similar to Mask Change, but rather by adapting Time Wizard which was the coolest thing ever but I never even thought to try adapting the cards to the modern day. 

You know how in the anime Joey played Time Wizard as a Spell Card? What if it was a Spell Card similar to Time Wizard, and you could even use it on your opponent's monsters, but it would switch control of the Summoned Fusion. Since Chimeratech Megafleet Dragon is a Contact Fusion and lets you keep control of it, it should probably be fair as long as I don't make a Fusion Monster for the Fusion Spell that lists "1 Monster", which would be dumb. 

Sample:

Fusion Summon 1 “” Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using a monster from either field as a Fusion Material. If you used an opponent’s monster as a Fusion Material, the Fusion Monster is Summoned to your opponent’s field.

I'm planning to make another that can blow up the field with Fusions in a similar way to how Time Wizard worked (where it would screw with the entire field rather than just 1 monster) but for now this is what I'm basing everything on. As for names, I think T.D. or Time Displaced is at least something for now, but seeing as how this was just a spurt of creativity from an hour ago there's probably a better name lying around somewhere. Any ideas?

Sure go nuts. I've seen you on the Le Crayon Corner, so if you wanna make something go for it. As for me, I know quite a bit about Photoshop but all I have is a Mouse. Maybe I should buy a tablet pen? Idk we'll see. Did you still want to make cards? You said "reassign myself as" rather than "can I also be" so I'm wondering about the specifics.

Also, any ideas for the Mask Change Time Wizard idea I had? I'm thinking of adding different type restrictions to the Fusions, and then have cards that change typings around.

Eshai, as for the Fusion Spell idea:

if you want something that ages the entire Field, there's a major problem, and that regards the opponent's monster. You can have specific monsters that age and become different ones, like the ones mentioned, but what about the opponent's ones? They won't be specific ones, so I'd go for the idea of levels as years, kinda like how the "Clock" idea worked (even though that used levels as hours).

"When this card is activated: Send a monster to the GY, then Special Summon a "Archetype" Fusion monster from your Extra Deck with *insert number here* Levels higher. Repeat the process for all monsters on the field."

But then there's another issue. Do you choose which monsters are Summoned, even if they will go to the opponent's side of the field? And what about MR4?

"When this card is activated: Reveal 8 (or another number) "Archetype" Fusion monsters from your Extra Deck with different names/Levels; your opponent chooses randomly 4 of them, send those monsters to the opponent's GY, and send the other ones to your GY. Immediately after this effect resolves, send a monster you control to the GY, then Special Summon a "Archetype" Fusion monster from your GY with *x* Levels higher. Repeat the process for all monsters on the field (if you send an opponent's monster to the GY with this effect, your opponent Special Summons the Fusion monsters from their GY to their side of the field)"

Yeah, maybe after fixing the OCG, this might sound like an idea.

Why?

1) Special Summon from GY, avoiding MR4/Link problems

2) Your opponent has a choice of what monster to Summon, but the Fusion monsters are sent randomly to the GY, meaning both players have to adapt and improvise to have the right Levels on the field

3) It gives the idea of aging the whole Field (well, actually, this changes the entire field, but you can give the Fusion monsters something like "If you send a Fiend-Type monster to the GY by the effect of "Name of Spell", you can and must Special Summon this card as the Fusion monster", so it feels like having an aged version of the monster simply by having the same Type. Of course, you don't know if that specific Fusion monster, which will be sent randomly, is going to the right GY, but that's an extremely hard concept to balance, and I gave it a try.

EDIT: Just realized you may send a monster without a Level to the GY using the Spell, in that case, you should be free to choose which monster to Summon without Level limitations.

Eshai, as for the Fusion Spell idea:

if you want something that ages the entire Field, there's a major problem, and that regards the opponent's monster. You can have specific monsters that age and become different ones, like the ones mentioned, but what about the opponent's ones? They won't be specific ones, so I'd go for the idea of levels as years, kinda like how the "Clock" idea worked (even though that used levels as hours).

"When this card is activated: Send a monster to the GY, then Special Summon a "Archetype" Fusion monster from your Extra Deck with *insert number here* Levels higher. Repeat the process for all monsters on the field."

I'm obviously not using specific monsters as materials... that would be dumb. Sure I want to adapt the mechanic but practicality and competitive viability comes first. I'm probably using Types as materials, like "1 Beast-Warrior" or "1 Fiend" and such, but can only be Summoned by an archetypal Fusion Card. While that still is situational, I plan on having several cards that change up the types of monsters on the board, further disrupting your opponent's plays, which might be the overall playstyle of the archetype.

As for the wording thus far for the Fusion Spell, I figured out a wording that lets you Fusion Summon several Fusion Monsters

Spell - Normal

Fusion Summon as many “” Fusion Monster(s) from your Extra Deck as possible using 1 monster from either field as Fusion Material for each Fusion Summon. If you used an opponent’s monster as a Fusion Material, the Fusion Monster is Summoned to your opponent’s field.

My only problem at the moment is Extra Monster Zones, which limits the number of monsters you can Summon. This means I'm probably making a Link monster or 2. 

Idea for a newer, but potentially more balanced/spammable Level Eater. To summon it (Quick Effect), you banish cards from your GY equal to the number of "___" Counters you control (min. 1). Then when it's Summoned, you place a "___" Counter on another monster you control. The counters reduce the monster's ATK by 300, maybe can't attack, but the Counters will move to another monster if they would leave the field. Basically, Magical Citadel of Endymion built in. This way, you have a monster you can bring out repeatedly, but the more you do it, the more costly it gets. And you have to control a monster in the first place, so you can put a Counter

Example

Power Eater

DARK/Insect

Lv2 Effect

0 ATK/0 DEF

If this card is in your GY: you can banish cards from your GY equal to the number of Power Counters on your field (1 if you control no Power Counters); Special Summon this card, then place 1 Power Counter on another face-up monster you control (Monsters with a Power Counter lose 500 ATK and cannot attack, also if that monster is sent to the GY, move all Power Counters that were on it to another face-up monster you control). You may only control 1 "Power Eater".

​Cool idea? I know the PSCT is most likely very wrong, but this kind of thing hasn't been done as far as I know.

So, we've started testing our Decks on the Duel Portal, and some of them are gonna be done soon, so I thought it would be cool if we began using each other's Decks. Maybe another player might find different strategies, or combos, and that would just help balancing.
Maybe it's a bit early to do that, but if someone wants to play my Deck:

[spoiler=Paperplane Techs]
[spoiler=Gaining Advantage]
Hand: Papercut Hand is gonna be your main searcher, and if you draw it first turn, don't lose time: Normal Summon it, search, and use its effect to bounce it. Repeat each turn until you have at least 5/6 Paperplanes.

Falcon: Paperplane Bomber - Falcon is basically a monster that can become any Paperplane, so try having it on the field as soon as possible. Monsters you want to Summon: Minnow, to recover a Plane, Gazelle, if you don't have the Scales ready, and Puma if you plan on attacking.

[spoiler=Using Classes]
Fighter Jets are good only in late game and if you already have an advantage. You want to search Bombers, because they let you search other Planes, and Delta Wings in mid game, because they can recycle your cards. Stealths are good in battle, but they're not a good choice during the first turns.
As Scales, you want to have a Delta Wing on your left (Scale 3) and a Stealth (or Gazelle) on your right (Scale 5). Never place a Bomber. They are not meant to be placed in the Pendulum Zones.

[spoiler=Spells and Traps]

Spells and Traps are meant to help you survive the opponent's turn. This is the main weakness of this Deck. Make sure at least one monster doesn't get destroyed during the End Phase: this way, you can use Furious Throw or Dismantled Paperplane and surviving using only one monster. Paperplan is also a good card, and since both this one and Dismantled Special Summon a monster, it would be perfect to Summon Minnow or Pike, triggering their effects.

Paperplanet: always discard a monster, if you already have the Scales, because you'll get it back with a Delta Wing anyway. If you have a bad hand full of Spells, instead, discard Paper Sheet or Paperplane Flock; those cards are pretty situational and Sheet only works with Hand.

I've already tryed out a few of the other decks already like the paperplanes, and i like it alot, Like its not the best deck by its fun and i agree with the idea that we should try some of each others decks out.

Eshai I've Finished that thing you told me to do about the monsters without eyes and this is what i came up with, it was

not easy, nor what i wanted to to do but im glad i did,

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/369639-dreadators-structure-deck/

I just decided to make a Structure deck out of it.

Prompt: Its basically a flip based archetype that puts dread counters on the opponents monsters then flips themselves face down

because their scared of eyes but also puts like a feeling of dread onto that monsters. the n when their flipped back up they get their effects based on those counters.

Just tell me what you think.. Sorry it took so long..

Im currently on duel portal and will be testing all this week so.. Heyyy

Heavy Weapon: A set of Warrior Union monsters with varying attributes that can equip themselves to any monster on the field. However, these monsters give negative effects to the equipped monster, and when Special Summoned by their effect, destroy the formerly equipped monster. They even have Fusions (called Extremely Heavy Weapons), who have effects similar to famous banned cards (think Raigeki). However, they cannot be NS/Set meaning you'd have to wait for your opponent to bring out a monster to summon them.

just gonna drop a prompt off here

• 3 weeks later...

Forecast Archetype: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/370729-dpr-forecast-archetype-summoning-natural-forces-from-the-side-deck/

If anyone wants to help me out testing the Forecast Archetype, here's my build (Warning: it's not completed. I need further testing. I'll be editing it as soon as I change something):

Predicting the Apocalypse

2x Forecast Volcano

3x Forecast Cyclone

3x Forecast Tsunami

3x Forecast Storm

2x Marshmallon (this is just to reach 40 cards, and it's gonna change soon)

3x Mystic Clairvoyant

3x Cataclysmic Forecasts

3x Forecast Night of Calamities

3x Forecast Catastrophic Planet

1x Aura of Spirituality

3x Divination Art of Cartomancy

2x Divination Art of Chiromancy

3x Divination Art of Necromancy

3x Forecast Earthquake

3x Forecast Orogenesis

(No Extra Deck monsters so far)

SIDE DECK