• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, all! I am very thankful to be joining your group, and I hope I can live up to any expectations!

To start out slow, I'm going to post a card I think up a while ago. My specialty is gimmicks.

Anywho, the name isn't really important, but the effect I feel is very useful.

Phantasms of Spite

Normal Trap

Target 2 cards your opponent controls: destroy those cards, then Set this card to your opponent's side of the field, and if you do, this Set card cannot be destroyed by card effects. Only 1 "Phantasms of Spite" can be activated per turn.

There you go. It's basically a bigger, better MST, minus the from hand capabilities. But I thought about this card because we really don't have good traps nowadays. Everything is either archetype specific, major shutdown, or a Solemn. This card is something you could throw in any Deck and use, but it's balanced because your opponent gains control of it afterwards.

Please feel free to give any critiques!

So now I just realized how cool Cursed Equips + Union monsters are. Anyone have ideas for cool things they could do?

TOPsycho seems like an interesting concept. Not sure how I feel about giving your opponent removal of this caliber, but I think the protection effect is probably the most annoying since it can't be destroyed permanently, as in neither player can play around it with MST and such. I would change it to until the end of the turn.

Sample:

"Target 2 cards your opponent controls; destroy them, then Set this card to your opponent's field, and if you do, this card cannot be destroyed by card effects until the end of the turn." (underlined is OCG corrections)

Welcome TOPsycho~

It is an interesting concept, but I think it might be a little bit on the broad side.

You more or less have a great excuse to hold on to a Cosmic Cyclone, which would end up as all in all a +0, but it is a powerful +0, fully chainable with cards that are useful outside of that single use.

You can also make it revolve around the ever so annoying sealing mechanic (as in, effects along the lines of "target set card(s) cannot activate while this is face-up").

The double-edge nature of it is interesting. I've never seen that kind of balancing factor before.

There could also be a lite version of this card that can only re-set itself on the opponent's side within the same column, and pops only 1 card... or maybe not because that'd probably be a dick move xD

Oh, I have another annoying combo I'd love to perform:
Destroy 2 cards with it, and set Starlight Road.

Possibilities are broad.

The "only if your opponent has an unoccupied slot in the same column" sounds actually pretty fun, since they could potentially chain that card to it immediately rather than later. Then making it destroy any card would be pretty balanced, since it is any card and it's generic. 

Might have to get both versions tested. 

Okay, so, I'm going to try this the right way? Anyway, new archetype concept, I'm not sure if it's been used before:

Equilux/Equinox Archetype

An archetype of EARTH/[Warrior/Spellcaster] monsters that have their true colours brought out by their Field Spells. One field spell changes your Equilux monsters to Light Attribute, and the other changes them to Dark (with effects to swap themselves during the end phase, like night and day). Each of the Main Deck Equilux monsters gain different effects depending on their Attribute; their 'Day' forms grant them immunity to battle, and a more aggressive or productive effect, while their 'Night' forms are more defensive and resourceful. Xyz monsters are a possible Extra Deck accessory, using the monsters with their LIGHT or DARK forms only as material. The main strategy would be resource control and using your different forms to outplay your opponent.

Thoughts?

Okay, so, I'm going to try this the right way? Anyway, new archetype concept, I'm not sure if it's been used before:

Equilux/Equinox Archetype

An archetype of EARTH/[Warrior/Spellcaster] monsters that have their true colours brought out by their Field Spells. One field spell changes your Equilux monsters to Light Attribute, and the other changes them to Dark (with effects to swap themselves during the end phase, like night and day). Each of the Main Deck Equilux monsters gain different effects depending on their Attribute; their 'Day' forms grant them immunity to battle, and a more aggressive or productive effect, while their 'Night' forms are more defensive and resourceful. Xyz monsters are a possible Extra Deck accessory, using the monsters with their LIGHT or DARK forms only as material. The main strategy would be resource control and using your different forms to outplay your opponent.

Thoughts?

So the point is to give different effects based on Attribute... seems cool, but having all of them have 2 effects they gain would probably make the text too long. 

Instead, I might make them all LIGHT and DARK, and have them gain effects or improve their original effects if they're the opposite Type. That way you can you half the amount of text there would usually be on the cards, you end up having more space for how the card is different from others in the archetype. 

Next, I wouldn't limit what kind of effects you get depending on which time of day it is. Instead, I would have tendencies, where you have pseudo-rules you can break if it gets to annoying to work around. 

DARK monsters could have some restrictions since it's they're sluggish since they're tired in the night, but when bathed with LIGHT can ignore said restrictions, or rather when becoming LIGHT they could have more consistency based effects.

LIGHT monsters could have more active effects, but making them DARK could make them more reactive, like turning them into Quick Effects or having one time effects that trigger again once their Attribute changes.

Finally, the name has to do with Seasons rather than the actual Day/Night relationship. How about the "Nightwatch"? If they're Warriors and Spellcasters, they could be guards on a tower taking shifts in and out of keeping the place in check. Possibly even make the relationship of Attribute be that their original Attribute is what time of the day they sleep. While they'd be less efficient in the wrong time of day, they could probably still do stuff lorewise.

I think all of these could help the archetype. Except the name. I might still do something with the name but there's probably even better names you could give the archetype. At least force people to understand the context of the archetype with the name you give it.

So the point is to give different effects based on Attribute... seems cool, but having all of them have 2 effects they gain would probably make the text too long. 

Instead, I might make them all LIGHT and DARK, and have them gain effects or improve their original effects if they're the opposite Type. That way you can you half the amount of text there would usually be on the cards, you end up having more space for how the card is different from others in the archetype. 

Next, I wouldn't limit what kind of effects you get depending on which time of day it is. Instead, I would have tendencies, where you have pseudo-rules you can break if it gets to annoying to work around. 

DARK monsters could have some restrictions since it's they're sluggish since they're tired in the night, but when bathed with LIGHT can ignore said restrictions, or rather when becoming LIGHT they could have more consistency based effects.

LIGHT monsters could have more active effects, but making them DARK could make them more reactive, like turning them into Quick Effects or having one time effects that trigger again once their Attribute changes.

Finally, the name has to do with Seasons rather than the actual Day/Night relationship. How about the "Nightwatch"? If they're Warriors and Spellcasters, they could be guards on a tower taking shifts in and out of keeping the place in check. Possibly even make the relationship of Attribute be that their original Attribute is what time of the day they sleep. While they'd be less efficient in the wrong time of day, they could probably still do stuff lorewise.

I think all of these could help the archetype. Except the name. I might still do something with the name but there's probably even better names you could give the archetype. At least force people to understand the context of the archetype with the name you give it.

Well, the way I was thinking is that each would have a short, unique effect based on the Attribute. Example:

Equilux Starfire

EARTH/Warrior

Lv4 Effect 1500/1500

This card gains the following effects based on its Attribute:

*LIGHT: This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn: you can target 1 "Equilux" monster you control (Quick Effect); it gains 500 ATK until the end of this turn.

*DARK: This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn: you can target 1 "Equilux" monster you control (Quick Effect); it gains 500 DEF until the end of this turn.

This is what I pictured for the archetype. Being able to switch from aggressive to defensive. I don't think that the effects take up too much space, there are definitely wordier cards. But it's just a thought.

As for the name, I chose Equilux because it literally means "equal day". Yeah, Equinox is technically a seasonal thing, but that's purely coincidental. It's called an equinox because they night is equal to the day, and it's why I chose to use a switch between LIGHT and DARK. Each is equally in its own way. But anyways, thank you for the critique

For starters, save any opposite effects for perhaps a boss monster. 

As for the card itself, relying on a Field Spell just to get effects isn't the best idea. Just makes the archetype a lot less consistent for no reason. Having at least 1 effect that can activate no matter the Attribute and then increasing the output of the effect is not only more realistic, but more fun in a gameplay sense.

Sample:

Nightwatch Flashlight

LIGHT - Level 4 - Spellcaster/Effect - 1600 ATK/1000 DEF

Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Nightwatch" monster from your hand, and if you do, all monsters you control become LIGHT monsters. If this card is treated as a DARK monster, you can Special Summon 1 "Nightwatch" monster from your Deck instead.

Good on its own, but more useful if you made it a DARK monster first. It also can make the DARK monster you Summon into a LIGHT monster, enabling it for further plays. The Attribute change is also something you have to keep in mind since if you do things in the wrong order you might not be able to use your effects in the way you want.

TOPsycho You can discuss whatever prompt ideas you have. Tbh you can discuss anything here. It's a club page, not a job application. 

Krashkube Well, that was fast.

I've been correcting the Official Card Grammar. Will PM the OCG to you either today or tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll also post the review for the archetype tomorrow as well. 

Alright, well, the Dreamery Archetype was the "first" archetype design I've fully made. Dreamery is a Plant deck that is focused on flipping your opponent's monsters face-down with your main Deck "Dreamery Sprout"s, and then snatching the face-down monsters as face-down Xyz material with your "Dreamery Creeper"s.

All of the main deck monsters can sprout up once per turn if all of your opponent's monsters are face-down. Once there, the little plants can use their strength to lull your opponent's monsters to sleep before their more aggressive Xyz monsters snatch them up. Each of the 3 Xyz monsters is focused on a different win strategy: one focuses on attacking, one on burning, and the other can give you an instant win if you can accumulate enough face-down material! Aside from the monsters, the deck also has a few Spells and Traps to help summon your Sprouts and flip monsters.

A few examples:

~Dreamery Sprout Valerian~

Lv2 LIGHT Plant

1000 ATK/0 DEF

If all monsters your opponent controls are face down, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only Special Summon "Dreamery Sprout Valerian" once per turn this way. Once per turn, if you control another "Dreamery" monster, target face up monsters your opponent controls equal to the number of "Dreamery" monsters you control; flip them face down.

~Dreamery Creeper Sundews~

Rk2 DARK Plant

500 ATK/2000 DEF

3 Level 2 Plant-Type monsters
During your Standby Phase, you can target face-down monsters on the field equal to the number of "Dreamery" monsters you control; attach them to this card as face-down Xyz material. You can detach 1 face-up material from this card; draw 1 card. You must control 3 or more different "Dreamery" monsters to activate this effect. During your opponent's Standby Phase, you can detach any number of face-down material from this card; inflict 200 damage to your opponent for each material detached by this effect. You can only use each effect of "Dreamery Creeper Sundews" once per turn.

Suggestions?

So the Sprouts use their perfume/fragrance to force the opponent's monsters to sleep?

IMO, the concept is really interesting. I'm imagining the monsters like Rose from PvZ Heroes, which can use its magic to turn the opponents into weaker ones - in this case, face-down monsters.

It would synergize well with Ghostricks. I mean, they like face-downs too and their Field Spells + Continuous Traps can really help this Archetype, slowing down the game, allowing the Xyz monsters to win.

I don't like the fact that you have 3 winning conditions: an Archetype should focus on one thing, burning OR battling. The third option is kinda cool too, and Ghostricks have a similar Xyz monster too, I guess.

Overall, cool idea. Just worried about possible combinations with Ghostricks. They are already kinda annoying, and some Sprouts could be nice support for them.

I tried looking over all the Ghostricks, but for the most part, I don't think the decks would actually synergize very well. Ghostricks like flipping the entire board face-down, whereas the Dreamerys like to stay up. Dreamery monsters benefit from or need to have other Dreamery monsters on the field to use their effects. I could maybe see something with Nekomusume/Night, but other than that the two don't really mix. Not to mention that both archetypes like to have field presence, so even if I did mix them, I wouldn't be able to as effectively use either side. Dreamerys aren't flips either, they just like to flip the opponent down

As for the Xyz monsters, I just like decks that have variety/possibilities. Also, the Sprouts are based on sleep-inducing plants( lavender, kava kava, etc.), while the Creepers are based on carnivorous plants, like flytrap, sundews, and pitcher plants. Flytraps are more aggressive, so it's battle oriented, pitcher plants have the acid stored up, which I chose to make the instant win, but at high cost, so I stuck Sundews with burn.

Not sure if this is on the prompt list at the moment, but "Supremacy's Rain" was an idea where you'd have 2 Battle Phases, but would restrict your first Battle Phase as a sacrifice for consistency effects. At the moment, Battle Position changing seems like an interesting piece to toy with, but I'm not satisfied with everything I have so far. Any ideas?

I'm looking to make the archetype more interactive with the opponent since OTK Decks are usually "solitare into 12000 damage".

Northstar. Winter’s Reign

Spell - Field
During the Battle Phase, “Winter’s Reign” monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent’s card effects. At the end of the Battle Phase, if your opponent controls a monster and you control a “Winter’s Reign" monster: You can conduct an additional Battle Phase this turn. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

Comet on Winter's Reigns

WATER - Level 4 - Beast/Effect - 1500 ATK/1000 DEF

At the start of your Battle Phase, this card gains 400 ATK. When this card destroys a monster by battle: You can Special Summon 1 “Winter’s Reign” monster from your Deck, except “Comet on Winter’s Reigns”, and if you do, change the battle position of 1 monster you control to Defense Position.

Prance on Winter’s Reigns

WATER - Level 4 - Beast/Effect - 1200 ATK/1200 DEF

When a “Winter’s Reign” monster you control attacks or is attacked (Quick Effect): You can send this card from your hand or field to the GY: It gains 1200 ATK and DEF until the end of the Battle Phase. While this card is in your GY, if a “Winter’s Reign” monster you control destroys a monster by battle: You can Special Summon this card from your GY. You can only use each effect of “Prance on Winter’s Reign” once per turn.

Blitz on Winter's Reigns

WATER - Level 4 - Beast/Effect - 1700 ATK/1500 DEF

If a WATER monster you control destroys a monster by battle or card effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per Battle Phase (Quick Effect): You can Link Summon 1 Link Monster using “Winter’s Reign” monsters you control as Link Materials.

Dance on Winter’s Reigns

WATER - Level 3 - Beast/Effect - 800 ATK/1800 DEF

This card can attack directly. If this card inflicts battle damage, you can change this card to Defense Position, and if you do, take 1 “Winter’s Reign” Spell Card from your Deck, and either activate it or add it to your hand. You can only use this effect of “Dance on Winter’s Reigns” once per turn.

Lovers on Winter's Reigns

WATER - BL, BR - Beast/Link/Effect - 1500 ATK/LINK-2

2 WATER monsters

Once per Battle Phase (Quick Effect): You can target 1 “Winter’s Reign” monster you control; it gains 500 ATK and can attack twice per Battle Phase, but it cannot attack directly. These changes last until the end of the Battle Phase. When this card is sent from the field to the GY: You can send 1 WATER monster from your Deck to the GY.

Rudolph, Red Winter's Reigns

WATER - BL, BR - Beast/Link/Effect - 1400 ATK/LINK-2

2 Beast monsters

When this card is Link Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 “Winter’s Reign” monster from your hand. “Winter’s Reign” monsters you control gain 200 ATK x the number of WATER and/or Beast monsters you control.

Second battle phase would definitely be a cool mechanic, but I do think it has the potential to become a very strong utility

Field is good. Simple protection and provides your second battle phase. I'm not sure how it should be worded though. I know Weather Report is the same but the game doesn't really state when the second BP could be. Other than that though, it's good. Having the field spell be your only way to access the second BP might be a slow call though. If these guys are trying to get their effects based on two, you're going to need more ways to do it.

Comet, Prance, and Dance are all fine, just your normal monsters.

I might add it so that you must use Blitz as a material too. You could potentially get that effect off multiple times per turn, especially with two copies. Either include him as material, or make it a hard once per Battle Phase(?)

The Links are standard. General help. Overall, I think the deck sounds cool

I'm back! Mwahahahahaha! I may have had to miss an essential contest, but stuff came up so there is always next time. However, if I am making a welcome back deck. It's gotta be one very weird mechanic. Here it is...

Redoctrined Archetype: An archetype focused on protecting LP by paying their ATK as cost. They each have 0 DEF like Goukis. They can also pay ATK in order to destroy cards and such like Light and Darkness Dragon's negating effect. They use Rituals, and instead of Tributing monsters using Levels, they use the current ATK. They also have Spell/Traps that flips their ATK decreases to increases and can give up ATK to give temporary DEF. Their boss Ritual Monster can return all of the monster's "paid ATK" to normal during the End Phase.

Here's an example, and a generic:

Misty Rainboy

WATER Warrior Level 4

2000/0

Effect: Cannot attack. Cannot be destroyed by battle. If you would take damage, you can make this card lose ATK by that amount instead. If you take damage, while this card is in your GY: You can banish it; add 1 "Misty Rainboy" from your Deck to your hand.

I think I already made a prompt for "ATK as cost" called Hellions. The idea was retraining the Demonic Deities (Sujin, Raijin, Sanga the Thunder) similar to how Magnet Warrior and V-to-Z were retrained, and then they'd have a Field Spell that had the monster gain ATK equal to the difference of their current and original attack, effectively doubling their ATK buffs and negating their ATK nerfs. Tbh I think I "completed" the archetype but was dissatisfied with the interactivity of it and scraped it. Might have to go back to that. 

Your ideas of decreasing attack similar to how LADD does intrigues me, as well as the Ritual Summoning using ATK rather than Levels. I may have 2 Ritual Spells.

• 1 can only use monsters on the field, but only reduces their ATK rather than Tributing them
  • another can use cards in hand, but Tributes monsters that meet the ATK of the Ritual Monster

Misty Rainboy seems a bit... off. For starters, exactly is a very important clause on Light and Darkness Dragon, most notably because you can't decrease its ATK after it reaches below 500 ATK where it's ATK would be lower than the cost of activation. Second, it has 2000 ATK but can't attack. I get it's a Level 4 and that would be technically broken, but why not make it so it just has 2000 DEF and can't be attack, but allows your opponent to attack directly? Sample:

Fall Forecaster

WATER - Level 7 - Warrior/Effect - 200 ATK/2000 DEF

When you take damage: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. This card cannot be targeted for attacks, but does not prevent your opponent from attacking you directly. If you would take battle damage, you can reduce the DEF of this card by exactly the damage you would take instead. When your opponent declares a direct attack: Increase this card's DEF by 1000. 

So something like this then...

Misty Rainboy

WATER Warrior Level 6

0/2000

Effect: If you take damage: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Cannot be targeted for attacks, but does not prevent your opponent from attacking you directly. If you would take battle damage, you can reduce the DEF of this card by exactly the damage you would take instead. When your opponent declares a direct attack: This card gains 1000 DEF.

Fukato Probably. Seems like a good way of fending off damage in dire situations (although Idk how much people care about those anymore). Wanna add it to the DPR?

I've been working on several archetypes for awhile, so maybe a week from now I'll be posting 3-4 archetypes. So that's around 35-50 cards for the DPR. Yay. 

This is FUTURE PURGE which used to be called Doomvalen but that name SUCKED so this what I'm doing.

Cyberse and Fiend monsters with abilities to attack monsters outside of the Battle Phase, outside of your turn, or even attack monsters you control, technically possible in the official game with wordings from Last Turn (its old and convoluted but I'm taking it) and Roulette Spider. The idea is that you gain advantage from taking quite a bit of damage, which is similar to the Syberterror prompt Fukato made, so maybe 2 birds with 1 stone if Fukato is fine with that.

Wisps of Future Purged

FIRE - Level 1 - Fiend/Effect - 0 ATK/1200 DEF

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 FIRE monster from your hand, and if you do, have this card attack that monster. If this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the GY: You can add 1 “Future Purge” monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of “” once per turn.

Scamps, Scavenger of Future Purge

FIRE - Level 2 - Fiend/Effect - 1100 ATK/200 DEF

(Possibly an Archetype UFO Turtle. Idk the generic Demon from DOOM needs adapting so I’m wondering if you have any ideas)

Pinky, Batteram of Future Purge

FIRE - Level 3 - Fiend/Effect - 2000 ATK/200 DEF

This card must attack, if able. This card can attack monsters you control. If this card is destroyed by battle or destroys a monster by battle: You can add 1 “Future Purge” monster from your GY to your hand. You can only use this effect of this card once per turn.

Kakughoul, Scalp of Future Purge

FIRE - Level 3 - Fiend/Effect - 200 ATK/2200 DEF

This card must attack, if able. This card can attack monsters you control. Once per turn: You can shuffle 3 “Future Purge” monsters from your hand or GY to the Deck, and if you do, draw cards equal to the number of cards removed from your hand by this effect +1. If another “Future Purge” monster you control is attacked: You can change the attack target to this card, and if you do, change this card’s battle position. If you would take battle damage from a battle involving this card, gain an equal amount of LP instead.

// So many effects because LP gain is hard to make good. May change but not for now.

Conjur, Summoner of Future Purge

FIRE - Level 4 - Cyberse/Effect - 1500 ATK/1800 DEF

If a FIRE monster you control attacks or is attacked: You can Special Summon 1 “Future Purge” monster from your GY, except “Conjur, Summoner of Future Purge”, and if you do, change the attack target to that monster. You can only use this effect of this card once per turn.   

Raskull, Howitzer of Future Purge

FIRE - Level 4 - Cyberse/Effect - 1900 ATK/1200 DEF

Once per turn, if a monster(s) is Summoned: Have this card attack 1 of those monster(s). If this card attacks an opponent's monster: You can destroy that opponent's monster without applying damage calculations. If this card destroys a “Future Purge” monster: You can draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of “Raskull, Howitzer of Future Purge” once per turn.

Greave, Heavymetal of Future Purge

FIRE - Level 5 - Cyberse/Effect - 2000 ATK/2600 DEF

When a FIRE monster you control attacks or is attacked: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, change the attack target to this card. Once per turn, if a monster(s) is Summoned: Have this card attack 1 of those monster(s). Neither player takes battle damage from a battle involving this card.

Doomcalibur, Knight of Future Purge

FIRE - Level 6 - Fiend/Effect - 2500 ATK/2000 DEF

This card must attack, if able. This card can attack monsters you control. If a FIRE monster you control declares an attack: You can negate that attack, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your hand, then have this card attack a monster you control. You can only use this effect of “Doomcalibur, Knight of Future Purge” once per turn. If this card would inflict damage to a player, that player gains an equal amount of LP instead.

// For the sake of keeping power levels similar to the monsters in game, I’m making Level 5+ monsters. I made them so exploiting the main mechanics of the archetype would be encouraged rather than just having to blatantly state it. Have fun, I guess.

Future Purge

Spell - Field

“Future Purge” monsters destroyed by battle return to your hand instead of being sent to the GY.

// Second effect will probably gain LP somehow. No clue. This needs more.

As for the lore reason why this card does its thing, it’s because you’re in Hell. If a Fiend/demon died where do you think they would go? As for the Cyberse, I could bs explain that they could be recreated from their destruction, but instead I’m going to tell you how horrible that would be if this Field Spell only affected Fiends.

Glimpse of the Future

Trap - Normal

When a monster is Summoned: Special Summon 1 “Malware, the Future Purge” from your Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions, and if you do, have it attack that monster. It cannot be Tributed or used as material for the Special Summon of a monster, and is returned to the Extra Deck at the end of the phase.

// Casually Summons Link-4 and attacks during their Main Phase with a 3000 ATK monster. You could use this in a lot of ways, so get creative.

// needs 2 more Spell/Traps

Future Purgeslayer
FIRE - SW, W - Warrior/Link/Effect - 1900 ATK/LINK-2
2 monster, including at least 1 non-Token Monster
This card can attack monsters you control that this card points
to. When a FIRE monster is Normal or Special Summoned in a Main Monster Zone this card points to: You can have this card can attack that monster. If this card destroys a monster by battle, except a monster on your opponent’s side of the field: You can move this card to that monster’s now unoccupied Monster Zone. You can only use each effect of “Future Purgeslayer” once per turn. You can only control 1 "Future Purgeslayer".

// Link 2 that can move itself out of the Extra Monster Zone and is fairly generic. The non-generic bit is that if you put it in the wrong Deck you have to wait until the BATTLE PHASE to move it out, which doesn’t exactly sound good.

Malware, the Future Purge

FIRE - UL, UR, DL, DR - Field/Link/Effect - 3000 ATK/LINK-4

2+ monsters

This card is also treated as a Cyberse monster. This card can and can only attack monsters this card points to if able. Each time a monster is Summoned to a Main Monster Zone this card points to, this card attacks that monster. Neither player takes any battle damage from an attack involving this card, except direct attacks. If this card leaves the field, except during the Battle Phase: You can Special Summon 1 FIRE monster with a different name from your GY. You can only use this effect of “Malware, Future Purge” once per turn. You can only control 1 “Malware, Future Purge”.

// Adaption of the Final Boss in Doom, the CYBERDEMON *Rawr. This has traits of both the Fiend and Cyberse monsters, but more or less is a bit better/worse version of Topologic Bomber Dragon, so yay. This could be incredibly generic with the Trap I made, but that was kinda the intention, since I like Starlight Road and felt the DPR needed their version of Starlight Road… except kinda better/worse (we’ll have to see).

I will be fine with it, as long as some of the Link Monsters have the abilities to take the Link Markers of Link Monsters used to Summon that card. That was the basis and effects for the Syberterrors. So if possible, perhaps add a couple of Link Monsters in the archetype that adds Link Markers if it used Link Monsters to Link Summon it.

Streamclunk/Steamclunk Archetype. An Aqua and Pyro monster archetype that utilizes two Continuous Spells where 1 creates Hydro Tokens, and the other creates Pyro Tokens, whenever a Streamclunk is Summoned, based on the typing they have, i.e. Aqua summons Hydro Tokens and vice versa. However, a Pyro and Hydro Tokens cannot exist at the same time. If they both do, all those tokens are destroyed and instantly makes the Steamclunk Fusions from the Extra Deck, all the while dealing minor effect damage to the opponent. Furthermore, the Fusions are not using the Extra Monster Zone and instead go straight to the Main Monster Zone by the Continuous Spells effects.

Streamclunk/Steamclunk Archetype. An Aqua and Pyro monster archetype that utilizes two Continuous Spells where 1 creates Hydro Tokens, and the other creates Pyro Tokens, whenever a Streamclunk is Summoned, based on the typing they have, i.e. Aqua summons Hydro Tokens and vice versa. However, a Pyro and Hydro Tokens cannot exist at the same time. If they both do, all those tokens are destroyed and instantly makes the Steamclunk Fusions from the Extra Deck, all the while dealing minor effect damage to the opponent. Furthermore, the Fusions are not using the Extra Monster Zone and instead go straight to the Main Monster Zone by the Continuous Spells effects.

Rather than just making them Extra Deck monsters, why not also make it so some of the Continuous Spells Summon the Main Deck monsters? Maybe have a Nomi monster or 2, but just having it as a support effect would probably make it better. In fact, maybe even just have different effects go off when the 2 Tokens are destroyed based on the Continuous Spell(s) on the field triggering them, or even just have effects for when Token(s) are destroyed. 

As for what I think on the Main Subject, I would go for more Continuous Spells and have only 2-3 monsters instead. The Tokens and Continuous Spells seem a lot more interesting, so making them the main idea would go a long way for making the archetype unique.

Also, I'd rather you not shortcut to the Main Monster Zone just by saying "Special Summon it to the Main Monster Zone". I've learned from Game Design that there's always a way of getting around a rule of the game rather than breaking it. 

Archived