Evil De-Fusion (Retirement Announcement)

evilfusion

The time has finally come.

I joined the site over eight years ago, in the summer of '09. I stayed mostly off the radar for a while, as I was perhaps painfully ignorant of Yu-Gi-Oh's meta, but I enjoyed reading through the threads and learning from the opinions and reasonings of other members. I primarily stuck to TCG and the Deck section for this reason, although I did dabble in RPs for the first couple of years, and my natural personality worked to avoid conflict and trolling.

Then one day, two years after my join date, I was offered a moderator position for the Your Deck section. I had had no idea a position was even open at the time, and discovered that members were polled on who they might have recommended. I guess by that point I was well-liked and well-known enough to be nominated by several members, and once the (then) mod team had reviewed the options, they felt I was the best choice, as the other top nominated options back then were trolly.

I was promoted exactly 6 years ago. October 9, 2011.

Being the type to dislike conflict, and being more logical and emotionally detached, I spent my first few months or so taking care to utilize my new power fairly, so as not to be heavy-handed, and addressed problems with as little condescension as possibly. I always worried, in theory, that power can go to people's heads, and they will either be too passive, or too eager to throw their authority around. In my mind, the best way to be respected as an authority figure is to respect other people, but not let them walk over you, either.

I...guess that was true? I mean, I've always been a little taken aback by how much members and moderators seemed to value me as a moderator, to the point where I was a shoo-in for the position when we restructured the mod team to its current hierarchy, with the Super Mods being the overall supervisors capable of making larger changes.

But enough about the history.

The point of the announcement is that, after exactly six years of being a moderator, I've decided it's time for me to retire.

Contrary to what may be immediately suspected, the decision has nothing to do with site drama, or real life complications, or anything like that. My reason is short and simple.

I just don't care anymore.

I haven't really "enjoyed" coming to the site for some time now. Sure, maybe it's caused by slow days or whatever, but I just don't DO anything here anymore. I don't monitor my section, I don't post often, I rarely check in with site activities or problems unless someone specifically draws my attention to them, my actual ability to fix the site's issues is WAY too limited, despite me having more access than the average moderator, and even the ability to make myself an Administrator (in title, at least).

And Links screwing with the other Extra Deck monster rules caused me to lose interest in the game as a whole. I haven't even watched VRAINS past the first episode, but that's just a side effect of me losing interest in the game, and no fault of the anime itself. I might get around to watching it eventually.

I will likely be an even rarer sight from this point on, but I doubt I'll vanish entirely. I just feel my time as a moderator has come to a close, and it's best to drop out now, before I get to the point of so embittered I abandon the approach that made me a solid moderator over the years. End things on a high note, I suppose.

Retiring, are we?

Well, thanks for everything you have done for YCM and happy retirement to you.

I'm sure the one who will be replacing you will do just as good a job as you, so you can rely on us.

On a serious note though, it's time to up my ante.

Once again, happy retirement. I hope I see you around.

Love you evil, you've done great things for YCM. It's sad to see you go, but I understand your reasoning and agree with it. I've definitely observed a bit of a drop in posting from you, but had no idea that you'd lost interest in yugioh as a whole.

Maybe stick around for the Halloween Event, we could give you a bit of a send-off party. You've certainly earned one.

EDIT: I realise now that my post reads like a permanent goodbye. I did read the post so I know that you're not going anywhere away or anything like that. I just mean goodbye from your position as mod.

This is going to be so weeeeeeiiiiird

but obviously I have to take your place now, me

But yeah seriously if you're not feeling it it's best to go. Sticking around when you feel you're not doing much and aren't really...here is never a good idea. Though it does leave a huge hole.

Cya around maybe? :P

damn, well, you'll be missed as a moderator, but i hope you can regain your interest in both the card game, and this site someday. a short break might help you with the former, and possibly the latter as well. just take some time off to just let things bounce around in your head. either way, see you around.

God damn it not you too. And right before Halloween...

Links are ruining everything.

*plays Future Fusion and hopes it won't be destroyed*

Farewell for now.

What the actual fuck is this post you are on a constant downward spiral into SwagCompton territory.

On the topic of evilfraud's resignation; you are a fraud. I distinctly remember you saying that the convenience of being a mod and being able to sort things out for yourself was the reason you would never step down regardless of your interest in the site or whatever, it was on a status I don't know how long ago and it doesn't really matter; what's important is YOU LIED TO US and that's not ok.

More disappointing still is the fact that your resignation was only this pathetic thread, entirely devoid of the trademark evilfusion mischief. There was a time when you were known as evilfunion, for all the fun your presence did entail, and yet now your final act is to simply say you're sick of this forum. With all your power you could have done something truly historic; ban all the mods, promote me to super, delete CC, even just change the logo to evilfusioncardmaker, ANYTHING BUT NOTHING.

As a result this is now how I will remember you, evilfraud. Not as the great dictator you once were, the steadfast ruler who once blessed me with a dowry of 5 million points for young Rewas' hand in marriage, but instead as this whimpering CUCK MOD who resigned barely a shadow of the great man he once was, no longer feared or revered but rather mocked behind his back, a subject of ridicule and scorn for all who were once subservient to his will.

Fare thee well, coward.

On the topic of evilfraud's resignation; you are a fraud. I distinctly remember you saying that the convenience of being a mod and being able to sort things out for yourself was the reason you would never step down regardless of your interest in the site or whatever, t was on a status I don't know how long ago and it doesn't really matter; what's important is YOU LIED TO US and that's not ok.

More disappointing still is the fact that your resignation was only this pathetic thread, entirely devoid of the trademark evilfusion mischief. There was a time when you were known as evilfunion, for all the fun your presence did entail, and yet now your final act is to simply say you're sick of this forum. With all your power you could have done something truly historic; ban all the mods, promote me to super, delete CC, even just change the logo to evilfusioncardmaker, ANYTHING BUT NOTHING. 

As a result this is now how I will remember you, evilfraud. Not as the great dictator you once were, the steadfast ruler who once blessed me with a dowry of 5 million points for young Rewas' hand in marriage, but instead as this whimpering CUCK MOD who resigned barely a shadow of the great man he once was, no longer feared or revered but rather mocked behind his back, a subject of ridicule and scorn for all who were once subservient to his will.

Fare thee well, coward.

...It's okay to cry...

What the actual funk is this post you are on a constant downward spiral into SwagCompton territory.

On the topic of evilfraud's resignation; you are a fraud. I distinctly remember you saying that the convenience of being a mod and being able to sort things out for yourself was the reason you would never step down regardless of your interest in the site or whatever, t was on a status I don't know how long ago and it doesn't really matter; what's important is YOU LIED TO US and that's not ok.

Fare thee well, coward.

Top 10 Tsundere posts

Why are you so afraid to post your true feelings?! We all know you're crying on the floor right now, thinking about all the good times you had with evilfusion.

It's gonna be alright.

tenor.gif

I remember when I first started noticing you on the forum, you and that other guy with a Makoto avatar were the go-to people that always answered ruling questions. Good times.
I hope you have fun with whatever your new interests are. In the past, YCM would be able to supply something for the tons of members that don't care about Yugioh anymore... Though it is kind of quiet most of the time.

Anyways, you will be missed, and I really mean it, as casual as this sounded xD
I'll never be able to detach the image of you when I see a picture of Kaito.

Archived