[OCG] Extreme Force Leaks: Saryuuja – Skulldeat / Skulldeat, the Chained Dracoserpent

exfojp048.png?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

Saryuuja – Skulldeat / Skulldeat, the Chained Dracoserpent
Earth Dragon / Link / Effect
Link 4 2800 / T BL B BR

2+ monsters with different names
(1) This card gains the following effect(s) depending on the number of monsters used as its materials.
-2+: If a monster is Normal or Special Summoned to a zone this card points to: That monster gains 300 ATK and DEF.
-3+: Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 monster from your hand.
-4: When this card is Link Summoned: You can draw 4 cards, then, return 3 of cards from your hand to the bottom of your Deck in any order.

Source > https://ygorganization.com/ineedaguydancegotahennesyinmyhand/ > Maxut

Okay wow, so 2+ monsters with different names? Scapegoat for every Deck I guess (Link Summon other stuff with them first). Having 3 downs for something like this that can Special Summon more monsters is quite amazing, it got boosting effect too for Link Monster Decks, draws for you, and resets your hand, is Dragon. A lot of good things in this card, even the name and art is badass.

An amazing card, given that it can supply the player with a completely revised hand, immediately tutor out a monster from one's hand (rescue ferret sounds like a good target, given that this has 3 downward markers), not to mention this is the first generic link monster with 3 positive downward markers (so bomber does not count).

Ah yes, this is it! The foreshadowed boss! It's better than I could've ever imagined, too!

A beautiful generic Rank 4! This is what the rest of EXFO suffered for! What an incredible, majestic card. I'm very happy to see it! Such awesome arrows, too. And you can just go for it with Gofu, Link Spider, a Vague Shadow Token and your Normal Summon. Unbelievable. Possibly the best generic Extra Deck monster I've ever seen.

It's beautiful, did I mention that?

Thank you guys! Thank you Konami! God bless! <3 

Ravine + Darkwurm/Destrudo/Odd-Eyes Revolution Dragon as a surrogate for Darkwurm

Ravine -> Discard the one in hand, mill the other

Revive Darkwurm, search Supreme King Gate Zero

Revive Destrudo, targetting Darkwurm

Place Zero in the scale

Destrudo + Darkwurm = Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon

Meteor SS Zero from scale

Meteor + Zero = Number 42: Galaxy Tomahawk

Tomahawk, detach 2, get 5 tokens

Token + Tomahawk -> Security Dragon

Token -> Link Spider

NS a monster

NS + Security + Spider + Token = This
ULTIMATE H A N D S C U L P T I N G POWER

and then an additional free summon + 3 unlocked zones wheee

Ravine + Darkwurm/Destrudo/Odd-Eyes Revolution Dragon as a surrogate for Darkwurm

Ravine -> Discard the one in hand, mill the other

Revive Darkwurm, search Supreme King Gate Zero

Revive Destrudo, targetting Darkwurm

Place Zero in the scale

Destrudo + Darkwurm = Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon

Meteor SS Zero from scale

Meteor + Zero = Number 42: Galaxy Tomahawk

Tomahawk, detach 2, get 5 tokens

Token + Tomahawk -> Security Dragon

Token -> Link Spider

NS a monster

NS + Security + Spider + Token = This

ULTIMATE H A N D S C U L P T I N G POWER

and then an additional free summon + 3 unlocked zones wheee

Not to mention you still have 2 of Tomahawk's Tokens left over.

But yes, incredible wombo combo.

And I raise you with my own that only uses Scapegoat.

Step 1: Activate Scapegoat on opponent's EP.

Step 2: Turn 2 Sheep Tokens into a Link Spider and a Linkuriboh.

Step 3: LS Security Gardna via Linkuriboh.

Step 4: Tribute Sheep Token #3 for Linkuriboh.

Step 5: Use Sheep Token #4, Linkuriboh, Link Spider, and Security Gardna for Skulldeat.

​Does anyone else think there is something odd about Skulldeat (besides being the best generic Link Monster currently)? I'm not talking about his effect, but his name and artwork strike me as very similar to the True Dracos where they have proper names followed by "the True Draco-something", almost like Konami is trying to decide whether or not they should make another "Draco" Archetype but as Link Monsters. I am well aware that the True Dracos are Wyrms and this card is a Dragon before someone tells me.

​As an Archetype, they could probably get away with making a total of 4 Link-4 Dragon Link Monsters with different Attributes (EARTH, WIND, WATER, FIRE) and having the same materials (2+ monsters with different names), also their effects revolve around the number of materials used, then getting 2 Link-5 Dragon Link Monsters bosses (DARK and LIGHT) that specifically supports this archetype as well as Dragons. As far as their Link Arrows are concerned, it really wouldn't matter and would be dependent on their effects but I could see the Link-4 monsters having 2800 ATK and the 2 Link-5 monsters having 3000 to 3200 ATK. 

​Do you think Konami will make more "Dracoserpent" monsters in the near future, or am I just being stupid?

nothing stupid about it. we've just had an entire format based on the true kings, and we have yet to see the end results in card lore, so it's somewhat safe to say this would be a direct continuation, this could possibly be the end result of defeating V.F.D. and then binding him. not too much of a leap, considering the similarity in names, and how recently the entire "true king" saga ended.

more likely to support their former Dragon form the Dracoslayer

50/50 plausible...but i don't think that Dracostory has anything left to be expanded upon and this card only happen to have similar trait and name

unless they go tengen toppa gurren lagahn and trying to destroy the virus lector borrow from its home dimension

Step 1: Activate Scapegoat on opponent's EP.

Step 2: Turn 2 Sheep Tokens into a Link Spider and a Linkuriboh.

Step 3: LS Security Gardna via Linkuriboh.

Step 4: Tribute Sheep Token #3 for Linkuriboh.

Step 5: Use Sheep Token #4, Linkuriboh, Link Spider, and Security Gardna for Skulldeat.

One problem; Security Gardna can't be used as Link Material by its own effect (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Security_Gardna)

Scapegoat turn 3 into gaia and then gaia + token -> this if you intend to use scapegoat.

or....

Scapegoat turn 1 into a Link Spider, turn 2 into a Proxy Dragon and then Spider + Dragon + Token = this with its 3+ effect.

Still you could get its 4 Monsters effect if you added a One Time Passcode onto that combo for another token with a different name and made a Link Spider and a Linkuriboh followed with the Passcode Token and a Scapegoat Token leaving you with this and a spare goat token.

Or you could stop using Scapegoat because +3 is too weak to summon this card properly (that is, with 4 materials), even if it didn't have the summoning restriction!

...except Gofu is only a +2 and it's still way better than Scapegoat. Scapegoat's problem isn't number of cards; it's how you have to wait to use it, which makes it terrible. It was a dumb meme when Links were first announced, but people seriously need to stop acting like it's good. It's really not.

...except Gofu is only a +2 and it's still way better than Scapegoat. Scapegoat's problem isn't number of cards; it's how you have to wait to use it, which makes it terrible. It was a dumb meme when Links were first announced, but people seriously need to stop acting like it's good. It's really not.

Depends on your deck, if you play a control or stun focused deck the card is a real help.

If you play anything which intends to go for it, rather than hiding behind backrow and other combo stoppers the card is situational at best and most of the time utterly useless.

Stun doesn’t really exist. This is YGO.

Stun burns out far too quickly, doesn’t give you enough reward, and has no real wincon. The only “stun” in ygo is playing aggro that ends on a board of “you can’t play ygo”.

Scapegoat is a terrible meme.

Stun doesn’t really exist. This is YGO.

Stun burns out far too quickly, doesn’t give you enough reward, and has no real wincon. The only “stun” in ygo is playing aggro that ends on a board of “you can’t play ygo”

Stun doesn't need a 'real wincon' though. 2013 Prophecy was one of the best decks of all time whose 'wincon' was Blue Boy beatdown.

Burning out doesn't matter if your opponent has no way to out your board which can be something as simple as Dyna set 4.

Stun doesn't need a 'real wincon' though. 2013 Prophecy was one of the best decks of all time whose 'wincon' was Blue Boy beatdown.

Burning out doesn't matter if your opponent has no way to out your board which can be something as simple as Dyna set 4.

In 2017, yes it does. Blue Boy had Priestess and Star Hall, along with powerful recyclable removal and in-theme cards. You're ignoring a lot of context to make that comparison.

Burning out does matter because "Dyna set 4" isn't reliable. Even if you answer their plays, they can still make more, usually. Most things have NSs that out Dyna, and battle traps are God awful.

Cards like Twin Twister/the trap version/even lollocalizedtrunade make it worse by virtue of existing, meaning the deck can't do better than singles. Singles with low winrate, to boot.

And this isn't even including how poorly "stun" functions going second.

Get with the times.

In 2017, yes it does. Blue Boy had Priestess and Star Hall, along with powerful recyclable removal and in-theme cards. You're ignoring a lot of context to make that comparison.

Burning out does matter because "Dyna set 4" isn't reliable. Even if you answer their plays, they can still make more, usually. Most things have NSs that out Dyna, and battle traps are God awful.

Cards like Twin Twister/the trap version/even lollocalizedtrunade make it worse by virtue of existing, meaning the deck can't do better than singles. Singles with low winrate, to boot.

And this isn't even including how poorly "stun" functions going second.

Get with the times.

Priestess was a 2 of which wasn't run at all in many of the most competitive variants. I'll give you the point about recyclable Fate/Power but it doesn't detract from the fact that the deck was still centred on protecting the floodgate rather than playing aggressive.

If they have ways to out your board then no s*** you're gonna burn out and lose. It's a risk-it-all playstyle that either wins hard or loses hard so arguing that it has no grind game is just irrelevant.

No one is talking about winrates here or how the deck functions in matches but just generally about its existence. It's a playstyle and what year it is really means nothing, as long as SS is the most abundant mechanic in the game, the playstyle will always exist and steal games from unprepared opponents.

Archived