Sceptyr's Support: State of the Union [5/5]

Black D'Sceptyr

Because Union support for the V-to-Z line is a thing and it needs to be a versatile thing and I'm A SUCKER FOR MAKING VERSATILE THINGS, that's why.

d_dreadnought_bomber_by_bdsceptyr-dbqi4w

[spoiler=D-Dreadnought Bomber: Info]

LIGHT/Machine-Type Union Effect Monster/Level 4/2000 ATK/200 DEF

Lore: You can discard 1 Union monster; Special Summon this card from your hand. Cannot attack unless it is equipped with a Union monster. You can activate the effects of Machine Union monsters on the field that would equip them to another monster on the field during your opponent's turn. Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 Machine monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead.

e_eagle_glider_by_bdsceptyr-dbqi4wx.png

[spoiler=E-Eagle Glider: Info]

LIGHT/Machine-Type Union Effect Monster/Level 4/0 ATK/2200 DEF

Lore: If you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, then add 1 "Union" Spell/Trap, except a Field Spell, from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of D-Dreadnought Falcon" once per turn. Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 Machine monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. A monster equipped with this card gains 1000 ATK and DEF, also if the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead.

de_eagle_bomber_by_bdsceptyr-dbsnfsr.png

[spoiler=DE-Eagle Bomber: Info]

LIGHT/Machine-Type Fusion Effect Monster/Level 6/2200 ATK/2300 DEF

Lore: "D-Dreadnought Bomber" + "E-Eagle Glider"

Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control and/or from your GY. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can discard 1 card, then target 1 monster on the field; this turn, monsters with that target's name cannot activate their effects, also their ATK becomes 0 while they are on the field. During your opponent's turn (Quick Effect): You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 2 of your banished LIGHT Machine monsters, including a Normal Monster.

merger_union_by_bdsceptyr-dbsnf7z.png

[spoiler=Merger Union: Info]

Normal Spell Card

Lore: Pay 1500 LP. then reveal 1 Level 6 or 8 Machine Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck with 2800 or less ATK; banish Fusion Materials whose names are specifically listed on that revealed Fusion Monster from your hand or Deck, including a Normal Monster or a Union monster, and if you do, Special Summon that Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions, but it cannot attack directly. If you control another "Union" Spell/Trap: You can shuffle this card and 1 Normal or Union Machine monster from your GY into the Deck; draw 1 card. You can only use each effect of "Merger Union" once per turn.

abcde_dragon_bomber_buster_by_bdsceptyr-

[spoiler=ABCDE-Dragon Buster Bomber: Info]

LIGHT/Machine-Type Fusion Effect Monster/Level 8/3200 ATK/3000 DEF

Lore: "DE-Eagle Bomber" + "ABC-Dragon Buster"

Must be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by banishing the above cards from your GY while you have Special Summoned the above cards previously this Duel. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 monster and 1 Spell/Trap on the field into the Deck. If this card attacks an opponent's monster, inflict 1500 damage to your opponent. If this card leaves the field by a card effect: You can Special Summon 1 of your banished Level 8 or lower Machine Fusion Monsters, ignoring its Summoning conditions.

BDS, signing off.

• 3 weeks later...

So let's talk about how these guys fit into the meta.

Bomber expands on the tagging in/out during your opponent's turn, allowing you to turn your DE into one Union equipped with another two (One from hangar, one from this guy.) Shame DE requires a Normal, preventing you from buffing up this bad boy, but perhaps it will still be worth it. Unfortunately, means it doesn't work with the ABC deck. While I can understand the fact that you like the Normals, I doubt someone will have the space to run both of these, ABC, and XYZ (even VW). Otherwise, has your standard attack prevention for a 2k L4, so...seems fine. Not much else to say here.

Glider...weow. Firstly, might want to change that HOPT to actually limit Eagle Glider, rather than Dreadnought Bomber ;P In any case, with this card, I can search the Union Attack, Merger Union and...3 traps. Hooray. Thought this might be a bit more broken, but do you really not want to search Hanger? I'm getting Sakamoto vibes here, but it's understandable. Nice to see some proper ATK boosting on one of these things, as the ABCs were basically only lacking that. I like this one; more defensive and offensive at the same time.

DE is your basic monster locking, except now it kills all copies for the turn! Yay! Nothing to say here, other than this works in tandem with ABCs...EXCEPT IT REQUIRES A NORMAL TO GRAB. Why? Like really, You're on the wrong end of the alphabet to properly utilize Normals. Maybe if one of these had been a Normal, but they aren't. I feel this is really hurting these cards, and forces you to run 24 if not 30 monsters.

Merger helps with consistency moreso, and the fact that it's optional for Normals is a big bonus. Basic support for the entire gang, not too strong, not too weak, provides a little bit of draw power and recycling, everyone wins!

And now we have ABCDE. Again, missing a Normal monster requirement, which only works in its favour. Perhaps a bit too powerful with the secondary effect;  but hey, no protection. Not exactly hard to kill, as you are losing all of the materials it took to Summon it. I am happy with this card, against my better judgement.

Just something memey I thought of; Paradox Fusion+ABCDE. Can Summon itself back, you get a negate, and you get another field wipe. Or heck, even anything that banishes a monster you control will allow you to reuse its effect, as it can Summon itself.

Really hard to determine power levels once you get this deep in Fusion upon Fusion something. Rather weird and interesting, and I don't think it's too powerful. On the contrary, its Normal monster requirements, the only targets on the other end of the alphabet, really hurt it. I think you did a decent job with these.

Archived