Was the April Furage actually correct? (kinda, sorta)

https://ygorganization.com/april_foolage/

LOLK-EN043
彼岸の媒介者 ダンテ
Dante, Link to the Burning Abyss

LIGHT Warrior/Link/Effect
LINK2 2500/↙↓
Link 2 – “Burning Abyss” monsters – exactly 2
You can only use this card name’s (2) effect once per turn.
(1): Once per turn: You can send 1 “Burning Abyss” monster from your hand or your field to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 “Burning Abyss” monster from your Deck.
(2): If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card.

​The above is from the old April Furage page on ygorganization that at the time everyone thought was an April Fools joke (and to a point I still think it is), but in light of the recent leaks from the LINK VRAINS Pack, I think this furage post might have had some truth to it.

​My honest opinion was the post was just an April Fools Day joke about potential support for older archetypes and "themes", but then that IS exactly what the LINK VRAINS Pack is, and maybe, just maybe some of what was in that post might be somewhat accurate, like the above fake card; its a Link 2 Burning Abyss Link Monster like the one officially confirmed (but that one is far more generic than this one above) but the above fake card came out months ago and we just got confirmation that the Burning Abyss is getting Link support.
​(I might go as far as saying the original Japanese post might have came from someone who works at Konami designing the cards and maybe that's what "Cherubini, Black Angel of the Burning Abyss" as well as its stats were going to be and then they changed their minds later).

​Then again, I could just be some Alex Jones tinfoil hat nutcase, what do you think?

Archived