The Direct Attack Archetype, Mayonakalights

Fukato

This archetype is all about inflicting damage through direct attacks. When they do, they activate their effects. The only on Summon effects happen with the Extra Deck monsters. They also have nice combos during the Battle Phase to continue the damage. Of course, since they can direct attack, they have small stat lines.

[spoiler=Monsters]

ZONbGje.jpg

7CVTJHM.jpg

gaaw6Jm.jpg

3EkMEcn.jpg

[spoiler=Spells]

YcFnRyC.jpg

mIUKzlz.jpg

tagA8xt.jpg

0vE6PLK.jpg

[spoiler=Extra Deck]

FgaLqj6.jpg

i725b7d.jpg

DQKsPF7.jpg

I'll be sure to get the text in under it later.

Alright, this is pretty interesting, considering Raging Flame Spirit Decks haven't seen play in near a decade, even in rogue play.

My thoughts on the Monsters:

• Name once per turn clauses, please. Kusagi can just keep Special Summoning copies of itself from the Deck. Not sure if that's broken but I would split the Special Summoning potential a bit between the monsters for more consistency rather than "draw this card otherwise you're screwed".
  • I think the Tuner is the most interesting part of the main monster line-up, but I feel that the length of the text is a bit unnecessary. I would instead go for just Link Summoning since the Synchro can be a Link Monster if it really wants and the Fusion doesn't have a way to be Summoned properly outside of Polymerization (which you probably won't be running) or the Tuner, which feels awkward. The only Extra Deck monster that doesn't fit is the Xyz (not sure how you would adapt that or if you even want to adapt that)
  • As for the previous statement, I think you could probably make all of the Main Deck monsters into something similar to the Crystron Tuners, but instead have them when they inflict battle damage you can Link Summon.
  • Idk if the archetype was LIGHT specifically so you could tech Honest, but I would probably make your own version for the archetype so you can do the shenanigans during your opponents turn when you aren't attacking.
  • I might add to the "boss monster" (you could probably have a LINK 3 or 4 if you give the Deck some more Special Summoning that you 

Spells:

• Might make the archetype function more like The A. Forces did in old Warrior Decks where Warriors would have there ATK increased for every Warrior or Spellcaster you control. Maybe add an effect like that to the Field Spell. Otherwise, you could give the Main Deck monsters effects that they gain ATK equal to the amount of damage they dealt to the opponent, which would be similar to how Raging Flame Spirit worked and would make the ATK gain of the Equips all the better.
  • The Equip Spells are really cool, although I would at least limit them to particular Phases so your opponent can at least try to play around them. I would also restrict them to LV 1 monsters since 1 of them can just be generically used as protection from battle or card effects and another just makes them unaffected by card effects no matter what Deck it's in.
  • Also for Equips, they aren't broken but I would at least split the roles of the cards a bit more clearly. I would give them protection effects that don't overlap with each other (since if 1 makes your monster unaffected by your opponents card effects they don't care about being targeted by card effects)

Solid idea. You should probably put it on the Duel-Portal so we can test.

Archived