Distant Traces of Beauty

Dahlia Hawthorne

Miss Hawthorne, would you be willing to forgive a poor fool like myself for his mistakes and misbehavior?

XQTLIjR.gif

You're starting to annoy me. I'm dead, not stupid.

nkzvq3a.gif

I know your types. The type who believes a few sly words and compliments will cause everyone around him to love him.

SrltjJ4.gif

You clearly don't know me.

Yes, there is clearly no physical similarity beyond gender between the two of you, based on what I can observe.

Though, I suspect the guessing was from lack of information, as usual.

nkzvq3a.gif

A lack of information seems to be a running theme around here. That's what I'm learning. But in any case, the confusion doesn't seem to matter. It's in the past, as they say.

I must ask that you call me Celeste, madam.

You are correct. Many of these <<monsters>> are boors drunk on their own pride.

My companions are no better, I'm afraid..

But it is best to co-exist, no?

I will be looking forward to our tea time.

nkzvq3a.gif

Very well, Celeste. These monsters, if you wish to call them that, they're all egotistical.

vYfh313.gif

No class, no subtlety. It's almost disappointing.

SrltjJ4.gif

At the very least, it will be fun to watch. And if it isn't, well... How sad.

I wonder how someone such as yourself feels about being labeled as a monster.

nkzvq3a.gif

Depending on who you ask, that term isn't nearly enough to describe me.

SrltjJ4.gif

XQTLIjR.gif

You're starting to annoy me. I'm dead, not stupid.

nkzvq3a.gif

I know your types. The type who believes a few sly words and compliments will cause everyone around him to love him.

SrltjJ4.gif

You clearly don't know me.

...I suppose what I've heard about you is true, then. Allow me a few additional words, Miss Hawthorne.

A snake like yourself deserves to perish, as you did. Hiding your venomous mind behind pretty words like a rose hides its thorns. How awful.

I feel ashamed for having ever fallen for such a wretched witch. I hope your soul burns in whatever afterlife you find yourself in. How is Hell at this time of year? *smirk*

...I suppose what I've heard about you is true, then. Allow me a few additional words, Miss Hawthorne.

A snake like yourself deserves to perish, as you did. Hiding your venomous mind behind pretty words like a rose hides its thorns. How awful.

I feel ashamed for having ever fallen for such a wretched witch. I hope your soul burns in whatever afterlife you find yourself in. How is Hell at this time of year? *smirk*

SrltjJ4.gif

You think your words intimidate me? I might not look like much, but I don't scare easily.

iq382Sq.gif

My death was a means to an end. Even in death, I will play a role in the world. People like me, we don't fade.

nkzvq3a.gif

I feel no remorse at all, for the 'pain' my words have caused you.

This has me curious, care to elaborate on this?

nkzvq3a.gif

It's all a matter of public record. Or maybe it's been covered up.

vYfh313.gif

I don't know what happened after that day in court, when my spirit was so rudely banished. but in any case, it's nothing worth worrying yourself over.

SrltjJ4.gif

Tell me, Miss Hawthorne, what criteria do you fit into that classifies you as a "monster"?

vYfh313.gif

What criteria? That's certainly a good question, I don't like being compared to a monster.

nkzvq3a.gif

I simply do my best to survive. I look out for myself, before anyone else. I live without regrets, without worry for what others might go through.

iq382Sq.gif

Anyone who does otherwise is a fool.

Archived