That. Is. IT.

Flavius

Ever since showing up, I have received almost nothing but ridicule and aggravation just for being who I am. I would like to know exactly why, so I can have a quantitative answer and can better judge if I should be infuriated at all of you or something else.

I have tried to be civil and polite, but it seems that no matter where I go, I have met nothing but hostility and cruelty from the people here! I am having to put real effort into holding my tongue regarding my opinions of you mortals to try to keep this thread opening somewhat civil. Villains of all worlds, VILLAINS, known people that have no issues with killing, maiming and torturing all of you have gotten better treatment than me and I am just trying to fit into this messed-up web.

If there is something I need to apologize for, I need to know. If there is something you do not like about me that I can change, I need to know. I cannot do anything about what I do not know about. I may be Immortal, but I am NOT omnipotent!

*sigh* I did not expect to be having this conversation so soon.

Flavius.

Listen to me closely.

Heed my words.

You are not here to be universally liked.

You are here for entertainment. You are one of many actors upon this stage. This stage which is meant to be for the enjoyment of the people of this world.

Actors must suffer for their performances.

You may retaliate. You may argue. You may even threaten.

As long as you make it entertaining.

But always keep this in mind...

The moment you begin to lose what makes you interesting you are of no use to anyone.

So raise your head, do not grovel and plead, continue on no matter what is thrown at you!

The stage is yours! Your actions will forever be engraved into the history of this place! Think well about how you wish to be remembered!

There is a difference between wishing to be universally liked and wishing that everyone would stop treating me like I'm the worst thing in the world because of a title.

As for the rest of your words, however...

...you remind me Herida, who could be considered a councilor among the Gods.

Even those far older than her listen to her advice. Those words are indeed a bitter pill to swallow, but I will admit that I needed to hear them.

I believe I am starting to see your real reason for sending me here, Ianna...and Herida...

Oh, my, I got myself a little worked up and a word.

Though I did notice an oddity, while I fixed that mistake...I was looking for the exclamation mark in your quote of me, but I couldn't find it. What happened here?

i thought that was my own mistake that i must've mistyped since i didnt see it in yours. its all good

For a man who claims to be knowledgeable, you are certainly poor in sense when it comes to noticing the obvious. Flaunting your prestige just opens yourself up to ridicule, and your reactions clearly only egg them on. I myself feel compelled to rile you up merely for the amusement of you toothlessly lashing out, like a dog chained to their kennel. In spite of how you act, you are truthfully no different than that mongrel Shu who complains about being manipulated every second sentence his spits out.

Not sure if serious but... dude, come on, take on the heat. Play along or outright ignore the annoying ones. Remember your superiority to most us mortals and that hostility is also a response towards fear. Would suck if you ended up broken and changing your monster persona as an attempt to salvage your role in this event.

I have never claimed superiority, believe it or not, nor do I plan on changing my persona, as you say.

Believe it or not, I am fine.

Admittedly, what I'm hearing from many of the people now are things I probably would have heard plenty of already if it was not for the laws against heresy by both mortals and Immortals alike.

Flavius himself would not used to this degree and sheer amount of criticism, so he really would have blown his top, if he was truly present.

I will not lie, I probably deserve it for my recent actions, Dr. Tropy.
Flavius is intelligent...but I never said he was wise. Think an Aspergian being granted Godhood.

The monsters aren't here to be liked. I'm tired of monsters wanting to be the good guy. This event isn't for the monsters. The monsters help facilitate the event to make it more interesting for everyone else.

Yes, there have been exceptions with monsters that were friendly. Monmusu, Korosensei, Pepsi Man. But that is the exception, not the rule.

Don't try to change the meaning of the event and complain when people don't conform to your new definition.

MEMBERS ARE MEMBERS! MONSTERS ARE MONSTERS!

​In spite of being the administrator of this year's event and my ticket to free test subjects, you couldn't be more wrong. We are here to be liked, even if we do not plan to be nice about it. If we aren't enjoyable and thus likeable, what hope could there be for investment? Or do you fail to remember the issues orchestrated last year when it came to a certain someone who forced themselves onto center stage and thoroughly soured the event? He wasn't at all likeable, and guess what? He didn't make the event any better for it. Now, please pardon my vernacular here, but you can kindly shove it with your ideas on what you think we monsters should be and stop forcing your definition of what you think this event should be about.

​In spite of being the administrator of this year's event and my ticket to free test subjects, you couldn't be more wrong. We are here to be liked, even if we do not plan to be nice about it. If we aren't enjoyable and thus likeable, what hope could there be for investment? Or do you fail to remember the issues orchestrated last year when it came to a certain someone who forced themselves onto center stage and thoroughly soured the event? He wasn't at all likeable, and guess what? He didn't make the event any better for it. Now, please pardon my vernacular here, but you can kindly shove it with your ideas on what you think we monsters should be and stop forcing your definition of what you think this event should be about.

You seem to have pretty strong feelings on the matter, so if you want to PM me to elaborate on these concerns, and this issue you took with last year, I'll gladly listen. Though last year's event was not perfect by any means, I think it was generally accepted that its issues were in the timeframe on which it worked, rather than the actions of any specific monster. I think I know which monster you are referring to, and I feel that your grievances are more personal than you are implying.

Regardless of the validity of your complaints, all input is welcome, so hopefully something can be worked out to resolve this issue you have with my ideology for the event.

Archived