Any oldfags still around?

Exiro

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only been here for 6 years but since that timespan has encompassed 2 wildly different iterations of myself I feel entitled to bonus credibility. Pre-2013 Enguin and post-2015 Enguin may as well be different people. The Lost Year of 2014 exists as a limbo of sorts. That Enguin was rarely sighted, and memories of him are few and far between.

I though I joined 09. Guess not. Was a lurker as far back as 08. I still lurk for the most part. Don't bother signing in really. Visit tcg/ocg discussion. Phone browsers crashes on ygorganization and the wiki is loaded with ads. So I use this for news currently. The hubby still stays in touch with Will when the website is having technical issues but the last email was maybe 2014. I would have to say what I remember most is the power abuse mod that got demoted, Crab Helmet getting banned over a merge account attempt in order to become admin, and Aximil bypassing the block system on here via the rep system back when we had it. 

Is the reply/post box on the bottom broken or is it just me?

I though I joined 09. Guess not. Was a lurker as far back as 08. I still lurk for the most part. Don't bother signing in really. Visit tcg/ocg discussion. Phone browsers crashes on ygorganization and the wiki is loaded with ads. So I use this for news currently. The hubby still stays in touch with Will when the website is having technical issues but the last email was maybe 2014. I would have to say what I remember most is the power abuse mod that got demoted, Crab Helmet getting banned over a merge account attempt in order to become admin, and Aximil bypassing the block system on here via the rep system back when we had it. 

Is the reply/post box on the bottom broken or is it just me?

Box is off and on at times. Most I do is just refresh page until it works again.

That being said, YCMaker did get an email last month when site was out for a few days, but unknown if he looked or did anything / the site fixed self and was a server error. There are some back issues stemming from early 2016 that still need to be addressed though; can't say if Tormey messaged him and/or he got back to him about it.

(But that's irrelevant to this thread.)

-----

[spoiler=Let's see what I remember from MyBB days]

• Bloodrun (though he got axed at the end of 2009 or something iirc)
    • I know I had some degree of conversation with the active mods at this time, including Icy. (I'd like to avoid chewing out previous mods, but yeah, not sure what the former mod of Q&A really did. I see him lurking around at times nowadays.)
    • IIRC Bloodrun was a Super or something when I joined.
  • Club threads literally got post pages every minute or so and well, the site just being way more active than it is now.
    • Custom Cards was split into Realistic Cards (now Advanced), Pop Culture (reformatted to Casual Cards; you can post pop culture stuff anywhere fyi), Card Contests (regular and 1v1s were not split until 2014) and Any Other Cards (renamed to Experimental early in my modship). Joke Cards had their own thread somewhere in Games. 
    • J-Max had Pokevolution going (and was a CC mod). At that time, Icy, Huntar!, him and Yankee; eight years later, it's just me.
  • Only the staff did Halloween stuff for events (see stamp event, which is being somewhat replicated at the moment)
    • Unless I hadn't been watching in previous years (2010-2011), there were no Halloween events, and can't say for 2012 because I was gone.
  • You literally had to go to a member's profile to rep them + give reason for it.
  • Name changes were harder to get to (and depended on the Super's mood). I guess somewhat similar to what we have now in light of shop being busted, but any full moderator can do the changes here (and we're usually good with doing it).
    • Back then, login name = display name
  • We had mini awards in profile (i.e. follow YCMaker on Twitter and something else that I don't recall)
  • Attachments were a thing.
  • A ton of the old veterans were still around.
  • Roxas had just gotten promoted sometime in 2009, Icy got bumped to Super sometime in early 2010
  • My earlier posts were/are embarrassing to read. (Probably holds for a few other vets.)
  • Crab existed in full force and "this topic is stupid" was a thing. Oh right, and members who made bad comments got quoted in member's signatures.
  • People inviting each other to personal sites (see 37 and The HD Forums; anyone remember the latter?)

Probably more, but yeah. Guys from 08 and earlier might be able to give more.

Eight years.

Seen a lot of people come and go.

Also been interesting to see who's stuck around all this time. There are members here who I've known my whole eight years which is kind of incredible. They say IRL, if you stay friends with someone for over 7 years, you're friends for life. Which makes me wonder if most of us veterans are going to stay here until this site dies ._.

Eight years.

Also been interesting to see who's stuck around all this time. There are members here who I've known my whole eight years which is kind of incredible. They say IRL, if you stay friends with someone for over 7 years, you're friends for life. Which makes me wonder if most of us veterans are going to stay here until this site dies ._.

I'm surprised I stayed around, especially after that rough 2 year stretch. And I'm not sure.

Eight years.

site died years ago xd

I hit 9 years in February, though I was gone for all of 2012 and about 75% of 2013, so...technically, I've only been here actively for a little over 7 years. IDK if you remember seeing me in the old days, or I kept a much lower profile on this site. 

Eight years.

Probably, if life doesn't creep up and make us focus on it. 

Nearly all of the veterans on my friend list are gone (well, guys I knew since maybe the MyBB era / early IP.Boards). Only a handful like you, DL, Smear, Zex, Striker (though he got added after I returned) are still around. I know there are a few of you from the old days on this list, so yeah, I apologize if I didn't say your name directly. 

Some of the former mods I was friends with are gone (Yin, Opal), along with a few notables from the past (Pikachu, a few other Akatsuki guys [El Make, Dranzer, Remo], Kaisu, Kotaro, 1337noob, Jolta, Alexis/5Ds). I know we have Aa'une and some others in Akatsuki, but don't think I talked to them much. (Think BT comes around every now and then, but yeah.)

====

Like I noted above, I did technically leave for about 22 months because I lost interest in this site for various reasons (IDK, couldn't keep up with discussions in certain club areas, Club Espeon went on the decline and probably one of the main reasons I stuck around, wasn't much of a CC poster [or not as active as I am now], probable behavior elsewhere). Yet, I couldn't get this site out of my mind, even if I wanted to.

Nine years once December 23rd comes along. I feel so old, man I was actually 10 years old back when I first got on here. I remembered being here for the myBB days and after those days I popped in once every few months before leaving the site until like late 2012 and ive been frequenting for all these years. Kinda funny that most of my activity comes from a time when I stopped caring about Yu-Gi-Oh.

Archived