Covering the Career of: Cassadee Pope

Face McShooty

This is the start of weekly thing I'm going to do, covering the career of an artist I listen to, from their beginnings to where they are now. Including their albums, music videos and biggest hits so far. I thought I'd start of with one of my favorites.

78217691-7-optimized_5564964790be0.jpg

Cassadee Pope got her start as the lead singer in the rock band Hey Monday, which had 1 Studio Album and 3 EPs. The studio album "Hold On Tight" that released in October of 2008 dropped 2 songs as singles "Homecoming" (released October 7, 2008) and "How You Love Me Now" (released April 2, 2009) , The EP "Beneath It All" released August of 2010 dropped one single titled "I Don't Wanna Dance". The EP "Candles" released February of 2011 dropped one single, "Candles". The band also released a Christmas EP but released no singles. The band is "on hiatus" since after the release of the Christmas EP. Cassadee Pope then embarked on a solo career, releasing a pop, self-titled EP in May of 2012, which produced no singles BUT it did peak at #25 on the US Billboard Top Heatseekers in 2012. After the release of her EP, she auditioned for season 3 of The Voice, getting a 4 chair turn from Adam Levine, Cee Lo Green, Christina Aguilera and Blake Shelton with her audition of "Torn", she ultimately chose Blake Shelton. In her battle round, her and Ryan Jirovec sang "Not Over You" (unfortunately cannot find the full version). In her knockout round, she sang "Payphone". Still sticking to her rock roots, during the live playoffs, where the fan's votes started mattering, she sang "My Happy Ending" and the fans voted her through to the rest of the live shows. Throughout her live performances she sang "Behind These Hazel Eyes", "Over You" which saw us see her slowly transition into a country star, "Are You Happy Now?", Then during week 5 she sang "Stand" which Blake Shelton chose and "I'm With You" which was her choice. During the semi-finals, she sang (my personal favorite cover of hers) "Stupid Boy" which earned her a spot in the finale. During the finale she sang "Cry" as her new solo, "Steve McQueen" with coach Blake Shelton and as a reprise of a previous performance "Over You". She won her season with each of her live performances since "Over You" hitting the top 10 on the iTunes charts before the close of voting. In 2013 she released her lead single of her first full album since 2008 "Wasting All These Tears", it debuted at number 37 on the Billboard Hot 100 and at number 7 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts. In October of 2013, her debut country album "Frame by Frame" was released. After the release of her album, 2 more songs from the album were released as official singles "I Wish I Could Break Your Heart" and "11". In 2014, she was featured on the album "Nashville Outlaws" A Tribute to Mötley Crüe" singing "The Animal in Me". In July of 2015, she released her first single "I Am Invincible" from her unreleased 2nd studio album. She also recorded and released her biggest song to date "Think of You" which is a duet with established country star Chris Young in early 2016. In June of 2016, Cassadee Pope released her "Summer EP" which had one single, "Summer". Pope and Chris Young were nominated for a Grammy for their song "Think of You" making Pope the first contestant from The Voice to receive a Grammy nomination. In July of 2017, Pope parted ways with her record label.

Archived