Fire Emblem Warriors

Astro Dude

This game very much seems like it's come during the time when Intelligent Systems is still celebrating Awakening and Fates, with Shadow Dragon recognized as the first in the series. So its focus is similar to Tokyo Mirage Sessions. This game was announced literally during the same Nintendo Direct where Heroes and Shadows of Valentia were revealed, so while the latter two were released first, this game still focused on the "freshest" games.

One other game that came up during that Nintendo Direct was that the next mainline game would be on the Switch, the first on a home console since Radiant Dawn. So I doubt that we'd see a sequel to this until after FE16 is released.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game very much seems like it's come during the time when Intelligent Systems is still celebrating Awakening and Fates, with Shadow Dragon recognized as the first in the series. So its focus is similar to Tokyo Mirage Sessions. This game was announced literally during the same Nintendo Direct where Heroes and Shadows of Valentia were revealed, so while the latter two were released first, this game still focused on the "freshest" games.

One other game that came up during that Nintendo Direct was that the next mainline game would be on the Switch, the first on a home console since Radiant Dawn. So I doubt that we'd see a sequel to this until after FE16 is released.

We can only hope. This game had so much potential when it was announced. They could have brought in the likes of Leif, Sigurd, Gwendolyn, etc. But they were so focused on the fresh new games they forgot the old ones ever existed, but hey, that's what Heroes was for.

And it's doubtful that more new Fire Emblem games will be announced for the 3ds. Especially with the NEW 3DS coming out.

Also, they probably didn't add Armor units because it would take forever for them to go anywhere, like the Heavy from Team Fortress 2. And all Warrior's games are all about speed.

The thing is, we still haven't gotten other games like Genealogy of the Holy War or Thracia 776. I'm pretty sure the only reason Celica is in the game is because Shadows of Valentia just happened. So in some cases, it's not just a matter of the games being fresh. It's about whether or not we got those games at all.

It's already been stated that Shadows of Valentia is the last mainline title for the 3DS. The New 3DS doesn't really replace it, though. Yes, you can only play Warriors on the New 3DS but not the old one, but assuming that they were making a new Fire Emblem for the 3DS, it would be compatible with every model. Not just the New 3DS. Besides, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will be the last main Pokemon games for the 3DS, and then the next main title will be on the Switch. It's not that there's a new 3DS (Not to be confused with the New 3DS, which has been out for years) coming up. However, I do believe it's likely. Right now, it seems more like we're in the twilight years of the 3DS. USUM will be the "swan song" for the 3DS. I'd expect the successor to the 3DS line to be released in 2019.

With Tharja and Olivia added with DLC, I wonder if they'll add in more packs beyond the ones they've revealed. We've already got Owain, so maybe round out the Awakening trio and add Severa and Inigo? And since we have Tharja, have Noire as well. That way there's three characters from Awakening. That way most of the women from Warriors have their respective kids. I think the only exception would be that we wouldn't have either of the Morgans, but that's fine with me.

The thing is, we still haven't gotten other games like Genealogy of the Holy War or Thracia 776. I'm pretty sure the only reason Celica is in the game is because Shadows of Valentia just happened. So in some cases, it's not just a matter of the games being fresh. It's about whether or not we got those games at all.

It's already been stated that Shadows of Valentia is the last mainline title for the 3DS. The New 3DS doesn't really replace it, though. Yes, you can only play Warriors on the New 3DS but not the old one, but assuming that they were making a new Fire Emblem for the 3DS, it would be compatible with every model. Not just the New 3DS. Besides, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will be the last main Pokemon games for the 3DS, and then the next main title will be on the Switch. It's not that there's a new 3DS (Not to be confused with the New 3DS, which has been out for years) coming up. However, I do believe it's likely. Right now, it seems more like we're in the twilight years of the 3DS. USUM will be the "swan song" for the 3DS. I'd expect the successor to the 3DS line to be released in 2019.

With Tharja and Olivia added with DLC, I wonder if they'll add in more packs beyond the ones they've revealed. We've already got Owain, so maybe round out the Awakening trio and add Severa and Inigo? And since we have Tharja, have Noire as well. That way there's three characters from Awakening. That way most of the women from Warriors have their respective kids. I think the only exception would be that we wouldn't have either of the Morgans, but that's fine with me.

Dude, we should also have a Retainers DLC pack. I mean we have Oboro and Niles, why not add Hana, Subaki, Arthur, Effie, Hinata, Beruka, Azama, Setsuna, Peri, Saizo and Kagero too? Odin can be a reskin for Owain, and if Inigo and Severa do come out, have Laslow and Selena also be skins for their respective counterparts.

Also, have a support between Cordelia and Camilla about Severa, A support between Lissa and Leo, and a support between Xander and Olivia.

Also, Saizo and Kagero will have to use Swords, in case you were gonna point out daggers aren't part of this weapon equation, and Azama might need to use Lances.

Also, forgot to mention this, seems Intelligent Systems goofed up. They are so focused on Awakening, Shadow Dragon and Fates, they're forgetting the other games exist, or if they know they're pretending they don't for the sake of a trend.

[spoiler Sure]

Lyn and Celica are in the game, and the protagonists and antagonist are carbon copies of the ones from Sacred Stones...

But we kinda expected a roster of at least 100 characters to work with. I mean, and I touched on this before, the enemy has Armored units, why don't we? Like you said, DLC, and with armored units we get anti-armor weapons.

Hopefully we get more than this, and a sequel.

Also, another idea for DLC: Red and green: Almost every game has this. A DLC pack where you get: Cain, Able, Sully, Stahl, Kaze and... oh, Saizo would be in the retainer pack.

bump: I've been watching some supports in Warriors. I hope that the DLC characters have their own supports. Like, and I plan to get this out of the way quickly, a support between Camilla and Tharja. It might be hilarious. Or a support between Lianna and Minerva, about their situation, or Owain and Niles, saying Owain looks familiar to him, or Olivia and Xander about Inigo/Laslow, oh man she would not stop apologizing. Maybe a support between Oboro and Camilla about Beruka, I doubt Navarre would have any supports, he's not exactly the most social guy. But,  Azura and Lissa, that would be a definite.

…How many people were expecting this?

Well, me and probably a few others, since we were hyped about a big roster with a few characters from every game. I mean Dynasty Warriors has 98 playable characters to choose from.

But granted, not all in one game.

And where were the writers of the story gonna fit the other characters? Stuff like this would delay the game's release further. Probably gonna wait and see if they make a sequel.

But I will get this game.

Looking up Dynasty Warriors, and at most, it's had 83 characters after several different games. Hyrule Warriors had 31 characters, some of which needed DLC, or weren't even available until Legends.

Expecting this game to have "at least 100 characters" (Which implies that you expected even more than that) is completely unfair, and asks far too much from this game right out of the gate. You act like the blame lies with Intelligent Systems, that this was a "goof", and they let you down. When you set your expectations ridiculously high, there is no way that this game could have met it. That doesn't mean Intelligent Systems is to blame. Maybe just be a little more lenient with your expectations.

Looking up Dynasty Warriors, and at most, it's had 83 characters after several different games. Hyrule Warriors had 31 characters, some of which needed DLC, or weren't even available until Legends.

Expecting this game to have "at least 100 characters" (Which implies that you expected even more than that) is completely unfair, and asks far too much from this game right out of the gate. You act like the blame lies with Intelligent Systems, that this was a "goof", and they let you down. When you set your expectations ridiculously high, there is no way that this game could have met it. That doesn't mean Intelligent Systems is to blame. Maybe just be a little more lenient with your expectations.

In my defense, it said it was called a Fire Emblem/Dynasty Warriors crossover so I thought we could play as all the characters of Fire Emblem from every game; Marth, Ike, Lyn, etc.

In the future, if there's a Fire Emblem Warriors Legends, I'll keep my expectations on par.

On the other hand, what did you think of the game?

Just because Nintendo described it as a game like Dynasty Warriors does not mean you'd get every character from every game.

I highly doubt we'll see a Fire Emblem Warriors Legends, as the point of Hyrule Warriors Legends was primarily to introduce Hyrule Warriors to the 3DS. Since this game saw a simultaneous release on both the Switch and New 3DS, there is no reason for a Legends variant. But I understand that, as you've kept saying, they could try in a potential sequel. Though maybe we can talk about the game as it is actually is instead of constantly talking about what to do in a sequel, and framing a hypothetical sequel as if it's supposed to "make up" for this game.

As for this game, I'm enjoying it, and playing as Rowan. I haven't quite met the Hoshido characters yet (Although I'm about to), so spending time with the Awakening characters has been nice. It's also been good to see how the characters are introduced, essentially streamlining parts of Awakening, while giving slightly more focus to Owain.

Since I married Robin to Cordelia in my first playthrough, seeing them both introduced around the same time was rather nice.

Just because Nintendo described it as a game like Dynasty Warriors does not mean you'd get every character from every game.

I highly doubt we'll see a Fire Emblem Warriors Legends, as the point of Hyrule Warriors Legends was primarily to introduce Hyrule Warriors to the 3DS. Since this game saw a simultaneous release on both the Switch and New 3DS, there is no reason for a Legends variant. But I understand that, as you've kept saying, they could try in a potential sequel. Though maybe we can talk about the game as it is actually is instead of constantly talking about what to do in a sequel, and framing a hypothetical sequel as if it's supposed to "make up" for this game.

As for this game, I'm enjoying it, and playing as Rowan. I haven't quite met the Hoshido characters yet (Although I'm about to), so spending time with the Awakening characters has been nice. It's also been good to see how the characters are introduced, essentially streamlining parts of Awakening, while giving slightly more focus to Owain.

Since I married Robin to Cordelia in my first playthrough, seeing them both introduced around the same time was rather nice.

Of the Original Awakening? Interesting. When I first started playing Awakening, I started as a female Robin with Michelle Ruff's voice, but I had to abandon that playthrough for a Male Robin since I wanted all or at least some of my child units to know Galeforce, that extremely useful skill that activates when a unit kills an enemy and gets a free turn in, and I wanted my Morgan to do so so My Male Robin married Aversa. And I believe I posted a thread about my pairings in My copy of Fire Emblem Awakening. Stahl x Cordelia, Gaius x Tharja, Lissa x Ricken, etc. Anyway, glad you're having a great time. When I get the game, I'm gonna go with Lianna. I think they have, just about the same stat distribution, plus, it'll be like playing as Eirika in Sacred Stones again.

And Once the DLC comes out, Tharja and Camilla will have a lot to talk about, not just their looks, but their relationships with their significant others: Like Tharja can talk to Camilla about Robin and She can talk to her about Corrin, wouldn't that be a great conversation. Also, we might have a talk between Minerva and Sakura, about how Sakura reminds Minerva of Maria, and tell her about how Michalis forced her to do his bidding. And let's not forget about Lissa and Azura, about how Azura reminds Lissa of Emmeryn.

[spoiler Oh man some of these supports are funny]

Oh man, Lucina vs. Camilla, who would win?

Also:

They know about us players.

[spoiler I imagine the conversation between Minerva and Sakura would go something like this]

Sakura: Oh, Princess Minerva.

Minerva: What do you want?!

Sakura: Oh, I'm so sorry!

Minerva: No, I'm sorry, I shouldn't lash out like that. It's just...

Sakura: You can tell me.

Minerva: You remind me so much of my own little sister, her name is Maria. She's about the same age as you.

Sakura: Really?

Minerva: Indeed, plus, you're a healer and so is she, But at least your brother is honorable.

Sakura: What do you mean?

Minerva: When the war in my world broke out, my older brother, Michalis, tricked our sister into being a hostage. If I didn't obey his orders, his subordinates would kill her to set me straight.

Sakura: That's horrible!

Minerva: If it wasn't for Marth and his friends, I would just blindly obey my brother's orders.

Sakura: I'm sorry...

Minerva: You must think of my brother as a horrible person. He was. He murdered our father just because Macedon would not side with Gra. But he does have a good side.

Sakura: What do you mean?

Minerva: After Michalis was nearly killed by Marth, Maria healed his wounds. He was so shocked to see the one person he put in danger save his own life. It made him realize what he had done was wrong and later on he decided to help us.

Sakura: This makes him sound a little less like Garon and more like Ryoma.

Minerva: I really wish you could meet them, I have a feeling you and Maria would be good friends.

Sakura: I know, thank you so much for this conversation.

Minerva: It's nice to tell this story from time to time.Maybe we can work together in the next battle.

Sakura: Of course.

[spoiler As for DLC Maps]

My guess is that each map will be based on the chapters in which you recruit the characters;

For Shadow Dragon:

• Chapter 3: A Brush in the Teeth for Navarre
  • Chapter 10: Princess Minerva for Minerva
  • Chapter 11: Knorda Market for Linde.

For Awakening:

• Chapter 9: Emmeryn for Tharja
  • Chapter 11: Mad King Gangrel for Olivia
  • Paralogue 5: Scion of Legend for Owain

For Fates... Fates is a little tricky to decipher since you can get Oboro in Birthright, Niles in Conquest, both is Revelations and Azura in all three paths. So:

• Chapter 18: Leo (Birthright), Chapter 8: Cold Reception (Conquest) or Chapter 17: Black Flames (Revelations) for Niles
  • Chapter 9: The Kingdom of Gods (Birthright), Chapter 10: Unhappy Reunion (Conquest) or Chapter 10: Voice of the Gods (Revelations) for Oboro
  • Chapter 5: Mother for Azura

Bump: In case you're thinking about playing performance over quality:

• 2 weeks later...

Bump: Well, a version 1.2 is coming out next Thursday.

[spoiler what we get]

• A new history map called Hero Contest, where it's Rowan and Lianne against various heroes in an arena setting.
  • New weapon attribute called Armor Piercer Blow
  • Disrobing for Rowan and Lilina
  • Gold Prince costume for Rowan and Gold Princess costume for Lianne
  • Support for the free DLC Eglish voice pack (Hopefully this means Laura Bailey and EG Daily did the voice work of Lucina and Hinoka respectively)
  • New blessings at the temple
  • Bulk sale of weapons added
  • Bug Fixes

Look forward to it.

• 4 weeks later...

bump: If anyone actually cares, the first batch of DLC, the Fates pack, has it's details revealed:

[spoiler The Fates DLC]

• First off is the new characters: Oboro, who uses spears. Niles, who uses a bow, and Azura, who also uses a spear.
  • Next, Costumes: We have a maid outfit for Camilla, and no not a skanky maid outfit, just the one like Felicia and Flora have. A Butler outfit for Takumi, in honor of Jakob, Along with the flipside costumes/Alternate skins for both Corrin. Noy you can choose between Hoshido Noble and Nohr noble for both Corrin. And finally, Azura's dancer outfit from the Conquest Route of Fates.
  • Broken Armor models for all Fates Characters (Oh boy, I can almost see the blood from the noses of Camilla fanboys erupting like volcanoes from this concept)
  • A support conversation between Azura and Corrin.
  • Three history mode maps focusing on Azura, Niles and Oboro. Again, not sure which of Oboro or Niles' maps will be used, but Mother, Chapter 5, is probably a definite.

[spoiler Fates DLC Update]

• When promoted, Oboro becomes a Spear Master, and Niles becomes an Adventurer. Azura also gets a promotion: She becomes a Diva.
  • Azura's map is called Grief, based on Mother in Fire Emblem Fates (Nailed it!), Oboro's map is Land of Gods from Chapter 10 of Birthright and Niles Map is Cold Reception from Conquest.

And that's the news there.

Archived