Dispelling Celestial Magus

BatMed

dispelling_celestial_magus_by_batmed-dbr

Name: Dispelling Celestial Magus
Level: ✪ 7
DARK | Spellcaster / Fusion / Effect

pixel__green_star_by_apparate-d337m0q.gi Effect pixel__green_star_by_apparate-d337m0q.gi
2 monsters with different Levels, Types and Attributes
When a card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can discard 1 card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. Your opponent can banish all cards with that card's name from their Deck or Extra Deck to negate this effect. You can only use this effect of "Dispelling Celestial Magus" once per turn.

[spoiler=Trivia]dot_0006_green_by_drache_lehre-d7z752k.p Trivia:
- This monster appears to be wielding "Chain Dispel".

It's a powerful hybrid of "Luna" and "Chain Dispel". A pretty control-Boss. Now, I don't know if it's abusable or just another junk card. But what I do know is that this card is a nice add to "Performapal" Fusions since they have a lot of Fusion Related cards.

Yay / Nay?

Name: Dispelling Celestial Magus

Level: ✪ 7

DARK | Spellcaster / Fusion / Effect

pixel__green_star_by_apparate-d337m0q.gi Effect pixel__green_star_by_apparate-d337m0q.gi

2 monsters with different Levels, Types and Attributes

When a card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can discard 1 card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. Your opponent can banish all cards with that card's name from their Deck or Extra Deck to negate this effect. You can only use this effect of "Dispelling Celestial Magus" once per turn.

[spoiler=Trivia]dot_0006_green_by_drache_lehre-d7z752k.p Trivia:

- This monster appears to be wielding "Chain Dispel".

It's a powerful hybrid of "Luna" and "Chain Dispel". A pretty control-Boss. Now, I don't know if it's abusable or just another junk card. But what I do know is that this card is a nice add to "Performapal" Fusions since they have a lot of Fusion Related cards.

Yay / Nay?

Yay! 

I think it's actually pretty cool since it forces the opponent to think about their next move's importance and whether they want to negate it or not.

It's a somewhat splashable Fusion Monster because of its summoning requirements; personally I think this would be a 1-of for Decks that don't mind discarding and are fusion-centric.

My concern is that the banishing effect might be too strong, but since it does give your opponent a choice, I think it's alright. 

Archived