1 Akashic Magician

1 Crystron Needlefiber

1 Firewall Dragon

1 Link Spider

1 Linkuriboh
1 Qliphort Genius

1 Security Dragon

1 Skulldeat, the Chained Dracoserpent

May come back and talk about it later, idk. Defo willing to answer questions/explain choices/etc.

Why the lack of hand traps?

Jk (hand traps are no fun), but I reckon Naturia Beast could be pretty sick in here what with Needlefiber fetching Glow-Up Bulb and Pendulum Magician, Secondonkey, and Bagooska being Level 4 EARTHs.

Bagooska is Rank 4, not Level 4

Anyway, do you really need to run 2 Dissolver? Seems like 1 would suffice. And could Allure of Darkness have a place in this deck? Banish dead Gofu etc

Lol whoops, for some reason was scanning the deck for "EARTH 4s" and somehow conflated Bagooska. Might as well Sync Glow-Up Bulb with Skulldeat for Naturia Beast while we're at it!

Still though Naturia Beast is such a powerhouse and an instant win in so many cases where your opponent doesn't have an immediate out that I feel it'd be worth dedicating slots to and adding extra applicable LV4 Performapals, though, especially what with all the Tuners in here capable of making Needlefiber into Glow-Up.  

Why the lack of hand traps?

Jk (hand traps are no fun), but I reckon Naturia Beast could be pretty sick in here what with Needlefiber fetching Glow-Up Bulb and Pendulum Magician, Secondonkey, and Bagooska being Level 4 EARTHs.

Weird hangup I have about finding out how the deck is meant to perform/posting a base to work from before adding them in. I don't like testing "but what if I open matchup winner" instead of testing the merits of the deck's own merit.

I wanted to fit in Nat Beast, but it's rarely going to be something that's actually possible to summon and ED space has been really iffy.

Glow-Up's only real use is the combo with Gofu/if you have to rig it via Destrudo/Noble, and there's no easy way to field it outside of that combo, so it's just a little awkward. I do think Nat Beast is an option, but with the build in the OP, I just couldn't convince myself of giving it a slot. I do plan to make edits, though, as I wanted a little input here/more testing with some cards and choices moved around.

Anyway, do you really need to run 2 Dissolver? Seems like 1 would suffice. And could Allure of Darkness have a place in this deck? Banish dead Gofu etc

Yeah, you sometimes need a dissolver on your second turn to make efficient plays/cheap Starving Venoms. You're almost certainly using your first copy T1, so if they don't feed into Vortex you're left without a copy in deck that makes SV before you NS/PS/use Skulldeat.

I simply don't like Allure. a 2-for-2 that relies on me having advantage I want to throw away in Pendulums just doesn't feel right. I may end up testing it, but that's my consensus on Allure in general. Card really doesn't seem that great anymore, when I can simply run better cards in its place.

Perhaps not amazing, however odd-eyes fusion can come in handy to get out starving venom with 1 card (sky iris can search it, so 1 copy would suffice anyways), though the necessary investment of 2 ED slots might be too expensive.

Beyond that Nat. Beast could come in handy.(was stated already)

Odd-Eyes Fusion is bad now.

It's a poly that can't get Ghoul at worst, and a CyDra style fusion that requires ED investment to summon anything at best. 1-2 Odd-Eyes Venom is asking a lot, especially when you have plenty of cards competing for having a clear board.

Lol whoops, for some reason was scanning the deck for "EARTH 4s" and somehow conflated Bagooska. Might as well Sync Glow-Up Bulb with Skulldeat for Naturia Beast while we're at it!

Still though Naturia Beast is such a powerhouse and an instant win in so many cases where your opponent doesn't have an immediate out that I feel it'd be worth dedicating slots to and adding extra applicable LV4 Performapals, though, especially what with all the Tuners in here capable of making Needlefiber into Glow-Up.  

Other EARTH 4 pals aren't worth it. Only thing close is Radish Horse but ehh.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Overhaul.

• Gofu was limited, rip.
  • Tuner/Synchro related cards removed. Nobledragon was too niche, Meteorburst with her, Glow-Up needs Gofu or other deck concessions, Nat Beast (not in an update, but was added) removed due to GUB's removal. Crystron Needlefiber left with Gofu's copies.
  • Destrudo removed due to just not being good enough, same with Ravine. Darkwurm lives because easily searched +1 body.
  • Astrograph Sorcerer moves in because Electrum makes that card funking nuts.
  • Minitaurus swapped with a copy of Dissolver because it's a searchable, Lv. 4 DARK Pendulum Performapal Odd-Eyes, which means it's generally the best fodder to get off of Arc to make Electrum.
  • Pendulum Paradox is now a great 1-of.
  • Allure is... alright?

Deck has moved away from Starving Venom as the one true boss, though he's definitely an option. You can make powerful link boards more easily now, because you generate tons of bodies thanks to Astrograph. Also less dependent on Skulldeat now.

Revolution reviving Vortex is incredibly real.

• 2 weeks later...

Neo new update: November 12th.

Cut a lot of the more gimmicky stuff, though Trump Girl made it in.

• Performapal Trump Girl has the surprising utility of not sharing a name with U Go Golem, which means searching her with Sorc at the same time as U Go is a thing. Not super relevant, as sorc double pop rarely is, but it's there. She also has the ability to fusion summon off of an NS, which U Go lacks. Level is no longer an issue.
  • Number 41: Bagooska the Terribly Tired Tapier wasn't relevant enough. Without Rank 4s and/or Zoo utility, Performapal Odd-Eyes Minitaurus is completely unplayable. Abyss Dweller is even more situational, though more potent.
  • I tried out Performapal Odd-Eyes Synchron with Metaphys Horus in its place. It wasn't terrible, but I felt the ED slot could be better used (Ningirsu took the slot), so it got the boot. Stealing Grinder Golem back is still funny.
  • Dissolver is probably the card you get off of the first Arc Pendulum SS, regardless of situation. It's not exactly a great draw, and while you hope to fuse with it T1, using it for Electrum isn't so bad either.
  • Performapal Secondonkey got the boot because... well, it's not a Pendulum. He had a chance to shine when it was generic Links, but Electrum kicked him back out.
  • Borreload Dragon is really strong top end. Stealing Links or even my own Grinder is just good ygos, and it breaks problem boards decently well.
  • Ningirsu, the World Chalice Warrior is a good card to ladder into, the removal fits in perfectly with the deck. Like Scrap Dragon if Scrap Dragon didn't suck.
  • Chain-reviving Vortex with Astrograph searching copies of Revolution is hilarious and potent.
  • Tried out Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon to round out the slots. Defo not worth it.
  • Tried out Performapal Odd-Eyes Unicorn to round out slots. Was not relevant.
  • No new cards seemed to improve the deck, moreso just giving it little niche advantages here and there. As such, I figured I got the deck largely past the testing point, so I went ahead and rounded the deck out with Ash Blossom and Joyous Spring.

I think that's all for now. Willing to discuss card choices beyond these, of course.

Archived