Power Rangers HyperForce Tabletop RPG on Twitch

Phantom Roxas

https://www.powerrangersnow.com/power-rangers-hyperforce-rpg-announced/

So… this is a little interesting.

Earlier this year, Twitch streamed nearly everyone season of Power Rangers (Excluding Ninja Steel) in celebration of the new movie, and given the success of that marathon, Twitch is collaborating with Saban Brands, as well as HyperRPG, to create a new livestreaming tabletop RPG, called Power Rangers HyperForce.

PRHFSR102017-1.jpg

Effectively serving as a sequel to Time Force, Power Rangers HyperForce takes place in the year 3016, with a new team of cadets at Time Force Academy, taught by Jen Scotts herself.

If you're a fan of Critical Role, then you may have an idea of what to expect in terms of streaming a tabletop RPG. This is a rather unique take on Power Rangers, and as a part of the upcoming 25th anniversary, it shows that Saban is looking to celebrate more of the seasons, rather than concentrating solely on Mighty Morphin.

I'm digging the costume designs, and from what I hear the team's motif is Greek Mythos...so that's also a plus! Plus...BULK AS A RANGER!!! I'M READY FOR THIS!!! XD

I am interested in seeing how this works out, as I've never seen a tabletop RPG regarding the Power Rangers before, so I'm hoping for some good things coming from this!

I'm digging the costume designs, and from what I hear the team's motif is Greek Mythos...so that's also a plus! Plus...BULK AS A RANGER!!! I'M READY FOR THIS!!! XD

I am interested in seeing how this works out, as I've never seen a tabletop RPG regarding the Power Rangers before, so I'm hoping for some good things coming from this!

Yup! They're going with the Titans. Chronos is one of the most notable Titans, especially given his association with time, so it's nice to see some variation by focusing on the other Titans.

I choose to believe that Jack is Bulk's descendant. It's entirely possible.

From what I understand, the RPG was created specifically for this game. There will also be a Twitch Extension, allowing you to create your own Ranger and take part in the story somehow.

Yup! They're going with the Titans. Chronos is one of the most notable Titans, especially given his association with time, so it's nice to see some variation by focusing on the other Titans.

I choose to believe that Jack is Bulk's descendant. It's entirely possible.

From what I understand, the RPG was created specifically for this game. There will also be a Twitch Extension, allowing you to create your own Ranger and take part in the story somehow.

Going with the Titans? That's pretty smart, actually! And yes, I will agree. I want Jack = Bulk's descendant!! XD

Ooooooohhhh that would be so awesome!! Would actually need me to make sure I brush up on my Greek Titans then XD

• 2 months later...

Don't mean to necrobump this, so please don't kill me. I'm just really REALLY excited right now ^^;

But this is new information that must be shared! After having Jen Scotts, Aisha Campbell, and Gem in previous episodes of Hyperforce...we finally have him returning in Ep. 9...

[spoiler=.....]

e6EzmF5.jpg

This guy is way too overused.

This thing, overall, looks interesting, even though I fell out with Power Rangers after the monstrosities that were Power Rangers Samurai, Super Samurai, Megaforce, and Super Megaforce.

• 4 weeks later...

This guy is way too overused.

This thing, overall, looks interesting, even though I fell out with Power Rangers after the monstrosities that were Power Rangers Samurai, Super Samurai, Megaforce, and Super Megaforce.

Dino Charge is OK tho

How can you make explosions in a tabletop game??? What is this shite???

• 1 month later...

So I'm actually happy about this here that has been announced here and there the last couple of days...

Currently there has been 18 episodes (18th is on Twitch) but apparently there is a new piece of information: Hyperforce is being brought into the Boom!Studio's comic event Shattered Grid. As of episode 19, they will have a canonical crossover episode for the Shattered Grid event.

Shattered Grid, if you don't know...well, you can read for yourselves here: Shattered Grid

Also! As a comicbook enthusiast...I have to give props to this:

[spoiler=Boom!Studio's Go Go Power Rangers #8 ~ WonderCon Variant]

aNTZZVp.jpg

In short with all this...I think it's safe to say that through all this, Hyperforce is starting to become one canon team in the PR universe (probably via the comic-verse but whatever).

I need to catch up on HyperForce, but a crossover with Shattered Grid sounds incredible.

Also, Kyle Higgins, who writes the MMPR ongoing, has sad he wants to play on HyperForce as a monster of the week, Pumpkin Rapper.

Pumpkin Rapper...pfffffft oh god please not the return of him XD

But yeah. I'm psyched for this and really really hyped for what the rest of this series entails for the PRs in general and what this team can bring more to the table.

Archived