Holy Grail of Noble Arms

Armoire

Art Credit: BatMed

Yeah. I know. Another Noble Knight support card. I'm sorry, ok? But feedback is appreciated!

But did I do it? Did I fix the glaring fragility of Artorigus?! 

Of course he can still be outed by stuff like Trishula, Amaterasu, and Grand Mole, but who likes an unkillable monster?

ByFJjtu.png

[spoiler=Lore]You can only control 1 "Holy Grail of the Noble Arms". Equip only to a "Noble Knight" monster. You can only activate this card (from your hand or GY) by sending up to 2 "Noble Arms" Equip Spell Cards on your side of the field to the GY. This card gains the effects of the "Noble Arms" cards sent to the GY for its activation while face-up on the field. The equipped monster gains 200 ATK and cannot be Tributed or used as a Material for a Summon, except for a "Noble Knight" monster. If this face-up card on the field is destroyed and sent to the GY: You can target 2 "Noble Arms" Equip Spell Cards in your GY; equip them to 1 Warrior "Noble Knight" monster you control.

This idea popped into my head when I was trying to think of a unique Equip Spell design; like tributing other equips to "summon" a stronger equip. Of course, there was no other archetype that was better for something like this other than Noble Knights. And thus, the Holy Grail.

Hope it's not too good or too bad.

Summary of its effect:

• You send 1 or 2 Noble Arms you control to the GY; this card gains the effect(s) of sent cards.
  • On top of its gained effect, it prevents your monsters from being used for a Summon, except Noble Knight monsters.
  • If the Spell is destroyed, it gives you back 2 Noble Arms from your GY.

[spoiler=Notable Features]

• This card protects your monster from Kaijus, Super Polymerization, and stuff like Chimeratech Megafleet Dragon.
  • The reason it just says Material for a Summon is to future-proof it from newer summon types like Link Summoning (rip Dustons). Also to conserve text space and not have to list every type of summon.
  • This frees up backrow space for you to activate/set more Spells/Traps.
  • To use its recovery effect, you need at least 2 Noble Arms in the GY.
  • Can "duplicate" other Noble Arms' effects since its name doesn't change. So it can have Gallatin's effect while you have a Gallatin active already.
  • The card returns its cost (or more if you only sent 1) upon destruction.
  • This card is an ideal target for Noble Knight Bedwyr and Borz. Also a good Bedwyr target while face-up on the field.
  • Cannot be activated via Glory of the Noble Knights. Can be activated by sending 1 Noble Arm though.
  • Good interaction with Gwenhwyfar. Late-game, if your arms are all in the GY, you can use this and send Gwen, somehow destroy this, and then get two Noble Arms back from the GY.

[spoiler=Minor Trivia]

• The grail featured is the same one from Noble Knight Borz.
  • The symbol in the middle... looks like the Equip Spell Card icon!

Of course, the other problems with Noble Knights are their reliance on the Medraut opener and being able to search for Knights when you have Arms, and vice-versa.

But I think I might already have an idea for that, especially with Glory of the Noble Knights just released...

You can only control 1 "Holy Grail of the Noble Arms". Equip only to a "Noble Knight" monster.

Weird it’s only Noble Knights considering the rest of them only need a Warrior Monster to Equip to.

You can only activate this card (from your hand or GY) by sending up to 2 "Noble Arms" Equip Spell Cards with different names on your side of the field to the GY.

So wait, you don’t get to destroy the Equips so that they might come back? Also you don’t have to say different names since you can only control 1 of each of them.

This card gains the effects of the "Noble Arms" cards sent to the GY for its activation while face-up on the field.

The equipped monster cannot be Tributed or used as a Material for a Summon, except for a "Noble Knight" monster.

Kaiju-proofing without restricting it from Xyz-Change. Nice, although I might add like 200 ATK since that effect isn’t always relevant.

If this face-up card on the field is destroyed and sent to the GY: You can target 2 "Noble Arms" Equip Spell Cards in your GY; equip them to 1 Warrior "Noble Knight" monster you control.

Well THAT’s amazing, especially since this card can then be brought back by sending them back to the GY, and you can get different ones the next time so that’s even better. Also, there’s no non-Warrior Noble Knights in the game at the moment, but you could include Celtic Guard of Noble Arms if you just said Warrior monster.

Something else is that this card is almost guaranteed to work off on Borz searching a Equip, since this card would be sent to the GY and another would be added to your hand while you have another on the board. It also recovers Noble Arms even if this card wasn’t activated via it’s effect. It even clears some Spell/Trap Zones so you can have some more options in tight spots.

I would like to say that this is a pretty solid card, but I think 1 is probably the most I would run considering how tight Deck space is. Now all we need is a Link-1 that requires 1 “Noble Knight” Xyz Monster so you can have your Boss Monster flipped face-down with all of its Equips.

You can only control 1 "Holy Grail of the Noble Arms". Equip only to a "Noble Knight" monster.

Weird it’s only Noble Knights considering the rest of them only need a Warrior Monster to Equip to.

You can only activate this card (from your hand or GY) by sending up to 2 "Noble Arms" Equip Spell Cards with different names on your side of the field to the GY.

So wait, you don’t get to destroy the Equips so that they might come back? Also you don’t have to say different names since you can only control 1 of each of them.

Trivia! As weird as it is, Noble Arms - Excaliburn can also only equip to "Noble Knight" monsters! I did this for the Grail so it fits in more thematically with the Holy Grail being picky and all for who can see it in the actual stories.

And yeah, I had it send them precisely so they don't come back. Since it's already...kind of becoming those two things in one, I figured it would serve best to not have them take up more backrow and also give the Grail insurance if it's destroyed (since you might have less than 2 if they re-equip). Another problem was if something was preventing the Equip Spells' destruction, I wouldn't be able to activate the card. I was also concerned with giving too much field advantage.

Another trivia! Excaliburn also allows there to be more than one copy of itself face-up! But since the effect is only target prevention, I'll take your suggestion and omit that from the effect. Good catch! 

This card gains the effects of the "Noble Arms" cards sent to the GY for its activation while face-up on the field.

The equipped monster cannot be Tributed or used as a Material for a Summon, except for a "Noble Knight" monster.

Kaiju-proofing without restricting it from Xyz-Change. Nice, although I might add like 200 ATK since that effect isn’t always relevant.

If this face-up card on the field is destroyed and sent to the GY: You can target 2 "Noble Arms" Equip Spell Cards in your GY; equip them to 1 Warrior "Noble Knight" monster you control.

Well THAT’s amazing, especially since this card can then be brought back by sending them back to the GY, and you can get different ones the next time so that’s even better. Also, there’s no non-Warrior Noble Knights in the game at the moment, but you could include Celtic Guard of Noble Arms if you just said Warrior monster.

Thanks, I was really careful about how I wanted to Kaiju/Cyber Dragon-proof them without locking them out of their own advantages. I guess I could add something like it gains 100 ATK x its Level/Rank though; but 200 is a good number. I just felt that it wasn't needed since it can already absorb other Noble Arms. But an extra perk wouldn't hurt. It's Noble Knights after all :P

As for the wording of Warrior "Noble Knight" monster, it also struck me odd. But all the others had it so I figured I should do the same for consistency's sake. I did think of just having it give Arms to any generic warrior, but then I think it might have more of a potential to be abused. So I just made it specific to NKs as a safety net.

Something else is that this card is almost guaranteed to work off on Borz searching a Equip, since this card would be sent to the GY and another would be added to your hand while you have another on the board. It also recovers Noble Arms even if this card wasn’t activated via it’s effect. It even clears some Spell/Trap Zones so you can have some more options in tight spots.

I would like to say that this is a pretty solid card, but I think 1 is probably the most I would run considering how tight Deck space is. Now all we need is a Link-1 that requires 1 “Noble Knight” Xyz Monster so you can have your Boss Monster flipped face-down with all of its Equips.

Good points with Borz. I haven't even thought about how it's possible to destroy it without it needing to be activated.

Okay, this is going sound bad... but I also designed it so you would only need to run 1 exactly because of how tight its Deck space is. 2 at most if your opponent somehow gets rid of it consistently.

Your feedback was pleasantly thorough and I appreciate every bit of it. :D

Updating the card!

Trivia! As weird as it is, Noble Arms - Excaliburn can also only equip to "Noble Knight" monsters! I did this for the Grail so it fits in more thematically with the Holy Grail being picky and all for who can see it in the actual stories.

Another trivia! Excaliburn also allows there to be more than one copy of itself face-up! But since the effect is only target prevention, I'll take your suggestion and omit that from the effect. Good catch! 

... I played this Deck for a year at locals (I played it during Rabbit format because I liked Equips and the Artwork) yet I didn't know this. Maybe I did once and forgot but now I feel weird about it.

Good points with Borz. I haven't even thought about how it's possible to destroy it without it needing to be activated.

Okay, this is going sound bad... but I also designed it so you would only need to run 1 exactly because of how tight its Deck space is. 2 at most if your opponent somehow gets rid of it consistently.

This is completely fine, considering this is probably the kind of card that would be Deck defining. It's a great fit in a Deck that's otherwise a bit of a one-trick-pony. 

... I played this Deck for a year at locals (I played it during Rabbit format because I liked Equips and the Artwork) yet I didn't know that. Maybe I did once and forgot but now I feel weird about it

Archived