Oogie Boogie's Gambling Den

Oogie Boogie

R9uZ0JE.jpg

Fancy yourself a gambling man? Well, I would hope you brought your "lucky" dice, but we won't be using any of those in my game! I'm a gambling boogieman myself, though that doesn't mean I don't cheat to win. But, SOMEBODY stole all my loaded dice and my trick cards, so we'll have to just use the regular ones and hope for the best (for me of course, not you).

So, how does my game work? Simple! I've waited to post mine for the simple reason that you have to pay an entry fee! Give Oogie at least one ticket, and pick your poison between the dice or the cards. If you win, you'll get double your ticket wager, but if you lose, all those tickets you just bet go to me. What can everyone's favorite boogieman do with tickets, you may ask?

Why, nothing! But you won't have them, and that's good enough for me.

Let's talk about the games, shall we?

[spoiler=Dice Game]

dice.png

Fancy the dice, do you? Good choice!

Oogie's dice game is ever so simple. You roll two dice, and I roll two dice. Whoever rolls higher wins. A game so easy, even the mayor can play it!

[spoiler=Card game]

VPVh5KH.png

More of a cards man, are you? I suppose that's what happens when you visit a website meant for some card game marketed for the wee ones.

Now, under normal circumstances, this would be a regular ol' poker game, but since I can't imagine half of you having the brains for actual poker, we'll be changing the rules up a bit. We'll each get our hand (that's five cards), and one opportunity to get rid of any cards we don't want in our hand. Then those cards get replaced, and whoever has the better hand wins. Since I don't want any confusion on what types of hands you may get, let's talk about the hands you can get, from worst to best.

High card - If you can't even manage a pair or better, just use whatever your highest-value card is.

Pair - Two cards with the same value

Two pair - It's two pairs, can't you read?

Three of a kind - Three cards of the same value

Straight - Five cards in a sequence

Full House - A three of a kind, but the other two cards are a pair

Four of a kind - All four cards of the same value

Ah, and before anyone asks, aces are low unless it's for a straight. Also, we won't be counting flushes (not even royal flushes) as hands; I'm sure just getting a decent hand will be enough of a strain on you that you shouldn't worry about what suit your cards are. That's the only bone I'll be throwing.

Let the ticket gambling commence! If you want to play, just tell me how many tickets you'll be wagering, and if you'd rather play with dice or cards.

s3z2F2H.png

* Guess I'll do as a certain dice-affiliated Yu-Gi-Oh! character and:

ttcfzvg.png

♫♪♫

* ...!!!!--

ksYLHQS.png

* WHOOPS, WRONG MEME!

O6g0BmC.png

* ... eh-heh...

* ... w-what I meant to say was...

* "challenge you to a dice game."

5Yoy6gA.png

* ... ... ... ... ... ...

* ... err, right.  I wager 1 of the tickets I had earned from Splendorman.

(* ... ... if anyone asks, that pic was meant for Tori....)

s3z2F2H.png

* Guess I'll do as a certain dice-affiliated Yu-Gi-Oh! character and:

ttcfzvg.png

♫♪♫

* ...!!!!--

ksYLHQS.png

* WHOOPS, WRONG MEME!

O6g0BmC.png

* ... eh-heh...

* ... w-what I meant to say was...

* "challenge you to a dice game."

5Yoy6gA.png

* ... err, right.  I wager 1 of the tickets I had earned from Splendorman.

(* ... ... if anyone asks, that pic was meant for Tori....)

Playing it safe, are we? How droll.

YOUR ROLLS:
h4MsClu.pngqNawZ0V.png

OOGIE'S ROLLS:
h4MsClu.pngLrbWYbF.png

...hmph! Take your ticket back, and one more as your prize.

"As the weird horned creature said, I challenge you to a dice game, and I wager one ticket."

I thought you were supposed to be hunting monsters, but here you are gambling with me instead. Gave up so soon? Intimidated by the boogieman? How rich!

YOUR ROLLS:
OS4iWAD.pngXsmhHY0.png

OOGIE'S ROLLS:
I4bkNxN.pngXsmhHY0.png

Much unlike yourself it would seem.

• 2 weeks later...

Tell you wat Oogie. I got 3 tickets and I'm feeling lucky, so how about this? I'll bet all 3 on dice, then if I win, I'll double down on cards.

I see you're also a gamblin' man. But will the dice be in your favor?

YOUR ROLLS:
OS4iWAD.pngLrbWYbF.png

OOGIE'S ROLLS:

OS4iWAD.pngXsmhHY0.png

Well, how about that!? But will the cards be so favorable?

YOUR HAND:
3, 9, 10, 10, Jack, Ace

I'll trade in the 3, the 9, and Ace.

Alright then!

NEW CARDS:

3 > 5

9 > 9

A > 5

YOUR HAND:

5, 5, 9, 10, 10 (Two Pair, 10 high)

OOGIE'S HAND:
8, 10, 10, Q, Q (Two Pair, Queen high)

Looks like your risk-taking didn't pay off this time. I'll be taking those six tickets now. Since we're closing up shop however, take one ticket on the house, compliments of a fellow gambler, for trying your luck and playing both games.

Oooh, didn't see this event before. Hope it is not too late to play! Wanna wager 5 tickets on a card game :D

You're a bit late for that, my boy. We're already closing up; my time here has all but passed.

Archived