Eshai

Overdose on Destruction

Spell - Normal

For the rest of the turn, at the start of each phase, destroy all monsters on the field.

So the DPR for now isn't planning on limiting cards, so I thought this would be a good fit. You can destroy only your opponent's monsters, but then you can't really play monsters unless you want them destroyed or attack that turn unless you have protection. This gets through some kinds of protection and cards that float, but only starts its use when the Battle Phase starts unless you somehow activate it during your Draw Phase or Standby Phase.

So yeah, simple, generic, and exploitable. I feel those are the most interesting kinds of cards and should be plentiful in the DPR. While this card has an awesome effect, it isn't all that good unless your Deck can utilize destroying your own cards and/or has protection effects. I'll be trying to do a generic every day for the DPR just because I think I can if I try. If we have a tournament in January, that should be more than enough with what the other members make.

AS FOR ANY DPR MEMBERS The amount of tags that I have lists the card's name, the cards it's trying to emulate or replace, the card-type/Attribute, the sub-types, and DPR. Those should all be on the card postings so that we can use the YCM search bar to search out our cards without looking into the Duel-Portal. 

Amusingly, cards that are relatively fair tend not to get much in the way of comments.

This card is something. It basically is 3 nukes, which... Really feels like a design that could become very easily exploited, but doesn't seem to actively help much of anything.

In terms of the real game, I can only see old Yang Zing decks as ones that might've been able to exploit something like this, but they've got better tools now so..

As it is, it's there. It does what it does, and does it effectively. There just doesn't happen to be a calling for it right now, but it does have a design that would making it one of those cards that age well.

Archived