[Leaderboard] Eshai vs Black D'Sceptyr (CARDS UP)

Eshai

Rules:
All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.
Both contestants have the right to refuse votes but must explain why they don't accept it.
Card C votes are allowed in case the voter thinks both cards don't deserve a vote but must elaborate on why he/she thinks so.
Cards must be PM'd to me.
Written cards are allowed.
Winner gets 1 point from the loser; each voter gets 1 point from the person they voted for.
Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.
In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:
The deadline for cards is 48 hours after the challenge has been accepted.
The deadline for votes is 96 hours (4 days) after cards have been posted.
In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-served between the previous
challengers and new submissions.

Requirement:

Make a card with a Coin Toss/Dice Effect that can alter/control its own results in some way.

(Alternative) A card that makes Coin Tosses or Dice Effects more consistent in some way.

CARDS UP

[spoiler: Check in Eight]

Check in Eight

Spell - Continuous

When this card is activated: You can add 1 "Falling Down" from your Deck to your hand. You can activate Spell/Trap Cards whose effects require a coin toss during each player's turn. Once per turn, if you control a Fiend monster: You can roll 2 six-sided die, and negate the effects of face-up non-Fiend monsters on the field whose total Levels/Ranks/Link Rating is lower than the result, until the end of the next turn. If the top card of your Deck is a Fiend monster, you can make the die result equal to that monster's Level instead. You must play with the top card of your Deck revealed. You can only activate 1 "Check in Eight" per turn.

[spoiler: Overloaded Die]

Overloaded Die

Spell - Quickplay

When a card or effect is activated that would roll a six-sided die is activated: You can roll a six-sided die; increase the result of the next six-sided die you roll by that result, OR, while this card is in your GY: You can Set this card, but banish it when it leaves the field. You can only use 1 “Overloaded Die” effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Remember to Card A/B :P Force of habit, so going to do this in order.

Card A grabs Not Snatch Steal, and is really just confusing as all hell. Firstly, why does it provide the boost to coin tossing? AFAIK Archfiends don't do that, so it just seems random. Yes, it fits the requirements...but it just seems misplaced. Why not dice effects? Secondly, as for the actual dice effect...90% of the time (didn't actually work out the probably, but thereabouts) you're going to be negating all of your opponent's Links, as no Link monster has anything higher than 4 IIRC. Top card of your Deck I guess fits with that other Archfiend card that allows you to declare it, but does that mean you can use a Level 8 monster as the result for a die roll? Although without the coin effect, it really was asking for another effect to buff it, that effect does nothing to help the archetype or the card. RIP Archfiends.

Card B...is far too restrictive for its own good. Only of those effects per turn, and only once that turn, AND it banishes itself? Honestly, you're acting like dice rolling is a valid mechanic. Nothing much to say here, other than wasted opportunity. Would brick often, and it's not like any archetype closely resembling good uses said mechanic. Should've done more, or associated itself with another mechanic/archetype.

Both very weak, but the Not Snatch Steal search provided by Card A and its blanket negation gives it just enough of a boost to be somewhat useful. Vote to Card A.

Yeah. I made the mistake of building a card for something that didn't exist yet (cards with 6+ roll result effects) so I added some restrictions, although I'm not sure what Dova meant by banishing itself, since it was meant to not go infinite with its recovery (although that might not be problem now that I think about it)

Yeah. I made the mistake of building a card for something that didn't exist yet (cards with 6+ roll result effects) so I added some restrictions, although I'm not sure what Dova meant by banishing itself, since it was meant to not go infinite with its recovery (although that might not be problem now that I think about it)

Basically, it was too slow even if did have infinite recovery. It was just another restriction to limit its usefulness.

Archived