Paleo Naturia (Prior to Link)

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

rPhl6m6.jpeg

So I recently concocted this in Devpro after figuring out that Naturia Sacred Tree searches any Main Deck Naturia if sent to the Graveyard including the broken demon Naturia Bamboo Shoot. So Paleozoic Marrella was perfect in the making of this Deck so thus I am running a Paleozoic engine in tandem with the Naturia.

Side Note: I decided not to use any Traptrix Myrmeleo just as a personal challenge to use some Naturia you don't see often so don't ask why I don't run it. Just add it in your own build.

[spoiler=Load Out]

Monster (19)

1x Naturia Bamboo Shoot

1x Naturia Mantis

2x Naturia Marron

3x Naturia Fruitfly

1x Naturia Rosewhip

1x Naturia Stinkbug

1x Naturia Sunflower

1x Naturia Vein

3x Naturia Antjaw

3x Naturia Cherries

1x Glow-Up Bulb

1x Naturia Cosmobeet

Spell (4)

1x Multiplication of Ants

2x Boogie Trap

1x Foolish Burial Goods

Traps (17)

1x Wall of Revealing Light

1x Paleozoic Pikaia

3x Paleozoic Dinomischus

3x Paleozoic Olenoides

2x Paleozoic Marrella

3x Paleozoic Canadia

1x Jar of Avarice

3x Naturia Sacred Tree

Extra (15)

1x Trishula

1x Naturia Leodrake*

1x Naturia Landoise*

1x Naturia Barkion

1x Naturia Beast

2x Goyo Defender*

1x The Phantom Knight of Break Sword

1x Soul of Silvermountain

1x Paleozoic Anomalocaris

1x Toadally Awesome

1x Number 29: Mannequin Cat

1x Sky Calvary Centaurea

2x Paleozoic Opabinia

* Subject to change once I get a simulator with Link monsters. Most likely going to be Missuss Radiant for 2 of the Extra Slots.

Basically the Deck's Naturia side ideally focuses on getting out Antjaw (which can get out itself) when your opponent is trying to swarm making you swarm with a lot of threats as well. Antjaw brings out some not well known members like Naturia Sunflower and Naturia Vein to stun your opponents stuff. Additionally Antjaw brings out Naturia Fruitfly which weakens your opponent's monsters significantly.

As for the Paleozoic side... You are not as likely to make Opabinia (I usually find myself using Antjaw as one of the Materials when I feel my opponent is not going to try and swarm as much) , but when you do it is important to search out Paleozoic Marrella to not only get out another Paleozoic, but to dump Naturia Sacred Tree for search of any Naturia of your choosing. The other Paleozoics are more for disruption and protecting your Antjaw.

Last thing, I cannot emphasize this enough... But as some of you know, Naturia Bamboo Shoot can destroy a lot of match ups (e.g. Pendulum Magicians, DM, Paleozoic, etc.) so if you can when the match up is in your favor, try and get him out ASAP.

To adapt this to post-Link, Missus Radiant, Mistar Boy, and Decode Talker would be great additions. I'd neg the Goyo Defenders and Soul of Silvermountain for them. 

Decode Talker can protect backrow as well as monsters, as its effect can negate both Cosmic Cyclone and Twin Twisters.

The Sacred Tree search motif is a great idea, I'd drop Wall of Revealing Light for another Foolish Burial Goods, as it's a disaster if Wall gets destroyed after you pay LP for it. 

Archived