Railway Rituals and such, with a lot more stuff

Ultimagamer

I have taken feedback into consideration and have created a giant list of cards I think would be interesting railway support, please comment your opinions 

Master of the Trains

EARTH - Level 10 - Machine/Ritual/Effect - 2900 ATK / 2500 DEF

Must first be Ritual Summoned. You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Railyard" Ritual Spell.

You can discard this card; add 1 Level 10 Machine monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Master of Trains".

Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 EARTH level 10 Machine monster from your hand or GY, except “Master of Trains”.

Master of Planes

WIND - Level 10 - Machine/Ritual/Effect - 2800 ATK / 2500 DEF

( This card is always treated as an EARTH monster )

Must first be Ritual Summoned. You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Railyard" Ritual Spell.

You can discard this card; Target 1 Level 10 Machine monster in your GY except “Master of Planes”, add that target to the hand.

Once per turn: You can Target 1 EARTH level 10 Machine monster in your GY except “Master of Planes”; add that Target to your hand

Master of Ships

Water - Level 10 - Machine/Ritual/Effect - 2900 ATK / 2400 DEF

( This card is always treated as an EARTH monster )

Must first be Ritual Summoned. You can Ritual Summon this card with any “Railyard” Ritual Spell.

You can discard this card; Target 1 Level 10 Machine monster in your GY except “Master of Ships”, special summon that monster.

Once per turn: You can Target 1 EARTH level 10 Machine monster in your GY except “Master of Ships”; Shuffle that target into the deck, then draw 1 card.

Railyard Summon

Spell - Ritual

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any Machine type "Master" Ritual Monster from your hand or GY. You must also Tribute a monster from your hand or field, or banish a Machine monster from your GY, whose Level/Rank equals or exceeds the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon.

During your Main Phase: You can banish this card from your GY, except the turn it was sent there; Special Summon 1 EARTH Level 10 Machine monster from your hand or GY. You can only activate each effect of "Railyard Summon" once per turn.

Railyard Commanding

Spell - Ritual

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any Machine type “Master” Ritual Monster from your GY. You must also Tribute a monster from your hand or field, or shuffle 1 monster from your GY whose Level equals the level of the monster you want to Ritual Summon.

During your Main Phase: You can banish this card from your GY, except the turn it was sent there; Target 3 Level/rank 10 or higher monsters in your GY: Shuffle those targets into the deck, then draw 1 card. You can only activate each effect of “Railyard Commanding” once per turn.

Railyard Operating

Spell - Ritual

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any Machine type “Master” Ritual Monster from your Hand. You must also Tribute a monster from your hand, or return a monster from your field to your hand whose Level equals the Level of the monster you want to Ritual Summon.

During your Main Phase: You can banish this card from your GY, except the turn it was sent there; Shuffle 1 Level 10 Ritual monster from your GY into your deck, and if you do, Add 1 Level 10 Machine type monster from your GY or Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of “Railyard Operating” per turn

Steam Locomotive

Level 10 / EARTH / Machine / 3000 ATK / 2000 DEF

This card can be normal summoned without tributing, but if you do, take 1000 damage, also this card’s attack and defense are switched.

Hybrid Bullet Speeder

Level 10 / EARTH / Machine / 2500 ATK / 0 DEF

If an EARTH Machine type monster is normal or special summoned by a card effect, you can special summon this card from your hand, but if you do, this card’s attack and defense are switched. You can only use this effect of “Hybrid Bullet Speeder” once per turn. If this card is detached from an Xyz monster and sent to the GY to activate that monster’s effect: You can target 1 card your opponent controls, return that target to the hand.

Coal Car

Level 4 / EARTH / Machine / 1800 ATK / 0 DEF

If this card is special summoned while you control an EARTH machine type monster, you can inflict 500 damage to your opponent. An EARTH Machine type Xyz monster that has this card as an overlay unit gains this effect.

• You cannot destroy this card with card effects.

• Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle.

Box Car

If you control a Level 10 Machine type monster you can special summon this card from your hand, then you can inflict 500 damage to your opponent. Once per turn you can target 1 monster you control whose original level is 10 or higher, this card’s level becomes that monster's level until the end phase. An EARTH Machine type Xyz monster that has this card as an overlay unit gains this effect.

• When this card is Xyz Summoned, draw 1 card

Rites of the Commanders

Spell - Normal

Add 1 Level 10 or higher Ritual monster from your deck to your hand, and if you do, add 1 Ritual spell card that can summon that monster from your deck or GY to your hand.

Railyard Switching

Spell - Normal

Activate by shuffling 1 Level/rank 10 Monster from your GY into your deck. Special Summon 1 Level 10 Earth Machine Monster from your GY in defense position. You can only special summon Machine type monsters during the turn you activate this effect. You can only activate 1 “Railyard Switching” per turn.

Train Auto Piloting

Spell - Quickplay

Activate by targeting 1 Level/Rank 10 Machine type monster you control. This turn, if that monster battles, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the damage step, also it can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. Other monsters you control cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect, also skip the battle phase of your next turn.

Master of the Trains

Seeing all of the unnecessary Attribute text on the other Masters probably means you should just make it Special Summon “Level 10 Machine Monsters” from your GY without the Attribute condition. That way you can just have different Attributes.

Master of Planes

So recovery. Got it. Might want a “You can only use each effect of “Master of __” on each of these cards so you can’t exploit the discard effects. Otherwise you might just want to make it so “you can only use each effect of this card once per turn” if the former restriction is too harsh.

Master of Ships

MASTERS OF THE GROUNDS, THE SKIES, AND THE WATERS. Yeah these were good add-on name choices good job there. Discard for Monster Reborn here is pretty good, although I think the OPT effect is a bit underwhelming. I might instead make it a Foolish Burial, but idk if that’s better or worse. Just think if you can Ritual Summon from the GY you won’t want to return them to the Deck.

Railyard Summon

Spell - Ritual

Aight. Pretty solid Ritual Spell with a lot of the utility Trains have anyway. (Already reviewed this so I won’t say much)

Railyard Commanding

Spell - Ritual

Wait but they aren’t all Trains… might call this one “Runway Commanding” Instead. So I would keep the recycling effect on this card since it fits a banish effect better, but seeing the theme of the Deck I would understand if you ignored my statement on Master of Planes.

Railyard Operating

Spell - Ritual

“Dock” since it’s for the Ship I guess. I think restricting it to just adding cards from your GY to your hand is enough, since you can add Master of Trains and discard Trains to search anyway.

Steam Locomotive

Feels a tad bit added on (especially since the formatting changed). This also straight up replaces Night Express Knight, so maybe not have this card since there’s already one that does the job fine.

Hybrid Bullet Speeder

Wait did you just make variants of already existing cards here? The ATK/DEF switching is interesting but the Deck doesn’t seem to do anything with it, and this says to detach from a Xyz monster despite you listing several Ritual Monsters.

If an EARTH Machine type monster is normal or special summoned by a card effect, you can special summon this card from your hand, but if you do, this card’s attack and defense are switched. You can only use this effect of “Hybrid Bullet Speeder” once per turn. If this card is detached from an Xyz monster and sent to the GY to activate that monster’s effect: You can target 1 card your opponent controls, return that target to the hand.

Coal Car

Would make more sense if it was for Rituals Monsters, but otherwise with the other Train support this is overkill.

Box Car

Would make more sense if it was for Ritual Monsters, but otherwise with the other Train support this is overkill. (at least have the 2 cars have different stats from each other, or make 1 a Boat and another LV 4 as a Plane.)

As Main Deck monsters go I would’ve rather had a Level 1 Master w/o the Vehicle that can be treated as a Level 10 monster, which would help both Xyz and Ritual. Maybe also add a effect that searches the Ritual Spells if that’s what you really want.

Rites of the Commanders

Spell - Normal

This isn’t necessary with Preparations and Pre-Preparations.

Train Auto Piloting

Spell - Quickplay

Those restrictions are a bit not worth it. Maybe instead have the Power Bond “take damage equal to its ATK at the end of the turn” instead so it isn’t as punishing but can get you killed nonetheless.

Master of the Trains

Seeing all of the unnecessary Attribute text on the other Masters probably means you should just make it Special Summon “Level 10 Machine Monsters” from your GY without the Attribute condition. That way you can just have different Attributes.

Master of Planes

So recovery. Got it. Might want a “You can only use each effect of “Master of __” on each of these cards so you can’t exploit the discard effects. Otherwise you might just want to make it so “you can only use each effect of this card once per turn” if the former restriction is too harsh.

Master of Ships

MASTERS OF THE GROUNDS, THE SKIES, AND THE WATERS. Yeah these were good add-on name choices good job there. Discard for Monster Reborn here is pretty good, although I think the OPT effect is a bit underwhelming. I might instead make it a Foolish Burial, but idk if that’s better or worse. Just think if you can Ritual Summon from the GY you won’t want to return them to the Deck.

Railyard Summon

Spell - Ritual

Aight. Pretty solid Ritual Spell with a lot of the utility Trains have anyway. (Already reviewed this so I won’t say much)

Railyard Commanding

Spell - Ritual

Wait but they aren’t all Trains… might call this one “Runway Commanding” Instead. So I would keep the recycling effect on this card since it fits a banish effect better, but seeing the theme of the Deck I would understand if you ignored my statement on Master of Planes.

Railyard Operating

Spell - Ritual

“Dock” since it’s for the Ship I guess. I think restricting it to just adding cards from your GY to your hand is enough, since you can add Master of Trains and discard Trains to search anyway.

Steam Locomotive

Feels a tad bit added on (especially since the formatting changed). This also straight up replaces Night Express Knight, so maybe not have this card since there’s already one that does the job fine.

Hybrid Bullet Speeder

Wait did you just make variants of already existing cards here? The ATK/DEF switching is interesting but the Deck doesn’t seem to do anything with it, and this says to detach from a Xyz monster despite you listing several Ritual Monsters.

Coal Car

Would make more sense if it was for Rituals Monsters, but otherwise with the other Train support this is overkill.

Box Car

Would make more sense if it was for Ritual Monsters, but otherwise with the other Train support this is overkill. (at least have the 2 cars have different stats from each other, or make 1 a Boat and another LV 4 as a Plane.)

As Main Deck monsters go I would’ve rather had a Level 1 Master w/o the Vehicle that can be treated as a Level 10 monster, which would help both Xyz and Ritual. Maybe also add a effect that searches the Ritual Spells if that’s what you really want.

Rites of the Commanders

Spell - Normal

This isn’t necessary with Preparations and Pre-Preparations.

Train Auto Piloting

Spell - Quickplay

Those restrictions are a bit not worth it. Maybe instead have the Power Bond “take damage equal to its ATK at the end of the turn” instead so it isn’t as punishing but can get you killed nonetheless.

thanks for the feedback!

the intention of the main deck monsters was to offer more variety for rank 10 plays, with the rituals being utilities in order to summon those monsters more effectively. If they are too strong though they could be given more downsides / harder summoning conditions. 

name changes on ritual spells - I never thought of that, its quite the good idea, and could potentially allow for pre prep if made specific to each individual master

Level 10 ones - I wanted to make variants of the Knight and the Derricrane, without them being replacements, but rather additions to the main core ( 3 knight, 3 derri, 3 ruffian ) 

level 4 ones - I wanted to create better utility level 4s with effect granting, much like that of trolley olley, but on a grander scale. Coal Car might be a bit busted though

Rites - pre prep cant search because they aren't specifically mentioned, and regular prep is too low a level ( 7 or lower ), hence the searcher

auto piloting - the idea I had in mind for this card would be an alternative to connection, rather than being a replacement, hence why other monsters cannot attack, but it felt too better without any other downside, hence the skipping of the next battle phase, it could definitely be changed though to allow for a more beatdown focused card

Archived