The Eternal Duelist Soul (Thy (Duelist) Kingdom Come)

Black D'Sceptyr

Fun thing is this card's fortress that I picked to center in this card reminded me a lot of the digital info fort Pegauss housed all of Yugi's Dueling info in D.K. So there's that. Also, Legacy of the Duelist can eat its heart out.

the_eternal_duelist_soul_by_bdsceptyr-db

[spoiler=The Eternal Duelist Soul: Info]

Continuous Spell Card

Lore: When this card is activated: You can add 1 "Forest", "Umi", "Wasteland", "Yami", "Sogen", or "Mountain" from your Deck to your hand. All monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF while you control a Field Spell. Each player can Normal Summon monsters in face-up Defense Position. Each turn 1 Normal Monster the turn player Normal Summons can be Summoned without Tributing. Neither player can attack directly, they can only activate 1 Trap per turn, also if a monster(s) they control is destroyed by a monster effect, they take damage equal to half the combined original ATK of those destroyed monsters.

good luck convincing me the format wasn't better when Tributing was for Rituals, Extra Decks were for Fusions and the word TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU KINGS wasn't even a echo in your ear.

good

luck

anyways, reviews, revelry, you know the drill.

BDS, signing off.

No one's even bothering with the first effect because those Field Spells are outdated as hell. But other than that, I suppose it serves as SOME consolation for certain players who adamantly hate anything past DM or GX (even though latter already adapted to its common form).

In this format, this essentially means "lol Blue-Eyes and Dark Magician spam"; not like the former has a ton of ways to summon itself for free already. I cannot see any other Vanilla monster that is worth using right now. (Maybe Spiral Serpent retrain or something, but yeah; I would say OG Red-Eyes for Hermos stuff if that is actually applicable, but that's gimmicky).

I mean, I guess this says "screw you Counter Fairies" and stuff with the Trap thing (though a few of them aren't running them as much now), but then we have Dark Hole and Raigeki equaling massive burn damage (or really any form of mass removal). Also stops OTK decks for what that's worth.

====

tl;dr, not much I can say about this, except it literally reverts the game to DM anime state and we're like 15 years that by now (give/take a few, but you get it). 

Archived