Saxton Hale's Card Contest of MANLINESS!

Heavy Weapons Guy

saxton_hale.jpg

How's it going, girls? This is Saxton Hale. Australian, CEO of Mann Co., and the man who's going to burn this place to the ground. So, it's come to my attention that one of my mercenaries has been participating in a little carnival game here for some Halloween party. Well now, I can't let that bloke have all the fun, so I decided that I will host one of my own here. So, since you damn dirty hippies seem to like making cards to pass your worthless time, why not get a little reward for it? The contest will begin when we have 4 entries.

[spoiler=the challenge]

Your challenge is to make the manliest card you can think of, which honestly might be asking a bit too much of you. High attack power, high level, badass artwork, and of course, an absolutely ridiculous effect that will send your opponent crawling back down the hole they came out of.

[spoiler=judging criteria]

artwork(x/10):

balance(x/10):

overall manliness(x/20):

total: 40

Overall manliness will be determined by the attack power, the effect, the level, and the artwork.

[spoiler=entries]

Mimikyustick

Dtwist11

Shu Shrakawa

1st place prize: 10 reps from me, SAXTON HAAAAALE!

2nd place prize: 5 reps

3rd place prize: 2 reps

4th place prize: 1 rep

Sign me up, I breathe testosterone.

RATED ARR FOR MANLY

NL2KEHq.png

(This card's Attribute is also treated as WATER). If you control 2 Pendulum Cards in your Pendulum Zones, this card is unaffected by your opponent's Spell/Trap Cards. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Draw 2 cards. You can only activate this effect of "Hagbard, Viking Legend" once per turn.

My card is finished.

[spoiler=DCAM-00 Granzon]

YU5fEJ4.png

3 Rank 10 Machine-Type Xyz monsters with 2 or more Xyz Materials
Must be Xyz Summoned with the above Xyz Materials and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. You can activate one of these effects. You can only use this effect of "DCAM-00 Granzon" once per turn.
• Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy it, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half its combined ATK and DEF.
• Detach 3 Xyz Materials from this card; banish 1 card your opponent controls.
• Detach 6 Xyz Materials from this card; banish all other face-up cards on the field, and if you do, your opponent takes no further damage this turn.

Sorry for the wait, but sharks don't wrestle themselves.

[spoiler=Mimi]

Rank 4? Viking? I said I wanted MANLINESS! Not a little girl at a tea party. Real men are also already unaffected by card effects. They don't need a special condition for that! You're lucky though, because that certainly is a hefty attack power it has there. Combine that with a good reward for beating your opponent's monsters to death and you've got yourself a real man's card. Too bad that he's such a wimp otherwise. Also, what is with that getup? He looks more like a male stripper than a viking legend

artwork(5/10):

balance(7/10):

overall manliness(13/20):

total: 25

[spoiler=dtwist]

Well now, cowboys  are a set down from vikings. Wait, what's that mate? Machine type? Oh, so you aren't even a man at all. You barely even qualify as a hippie. However, it does have a superior level and attack power when compared to the last card, but it still isn't hardly man enough. Inflicting doubled piercing damage certainly is manly, but stealing your opponent's monsters? That's for wimps.

artwork: 5/10

balance: 7/10

manliness: 10/20

total:22

[spoiler=Shu]

Machine again? What, too much of a pansy to use your fists, mate? That attack power and rank certainly is manly. Too bad it's summon conditions are bloody stupid. 3 Rank 10s with 2 materials for that bloke? Why would I even bother attempting to do that when I can just have more beating power with those 3 rank 10s? Really, that robot being driven by those kids in spandex is manlier than this.

artwork: 5/10

balance: 5/10

manliness: 10/20

total: 20

1st place: mimi

2nd place: dtwist

3rd: Shu

Now if you'll excuse me, there's a shark waiting for me in my office.

Archived