A few Questions about Special Summon

beckon9

Question

Hello, 

1 - For some cards like "Gagaga Head" that require your opponent to have a monster card on their field to be special summoned. What if your opponent has more than one monster, can it still be special summon?

2 - About cards like "Bahamut Shark", this card can special summon another monster but cannot attack until the rest of the turn, does this mean I can use it to attack and then special summon another monster after the battle?

Thank-you

1 answer to this question

Since Gagaga Head's effect is actually Normal Summoning without tributes, not actually Special Summoning, I'll use Cyber Dragon as an example here, though the same ruling applies for both.

Cyber Dragon's Effect: "If only your opponent controls a monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand)."

In this case, you can Special Summon it even if there was more that one monster, since your opponent requires at least 1 monster in the field. If it instead said:

"If only your opponent controls exactly 1 monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand)."

Then it would mean there can only be 1 monster on the field.

For your second question, yes, you can use Bahamut Shark's effect after you've already attacked, since it says "for the rest of the turn.". If it instead said: "During the turn you activate this effect, you cannot attack.", then that means that activating the effect and attacking can't be done on the same turn.

I hope these answers help. Just for the future, please use this thread instead for asking questions about rules. There's almost always someone to answer for you. You can find this thread at the top of the TCG/OCG Card Discussion Section of the forum.

Archived