Node Eater - Null

Armoire

So we've been going over linked lists in my computer science class the past couple weeks, so I thought that this was a pretty clever way of incorporating properties of the null value into a card.

For context, it you set a pointer(s) to null, it basically disconnects that node from the rest of the list.

So...

Here's an anti-link hand trap!

u580dbA.png

[spoiler=Lore]Cannot be used as Link Material. During either player's turn: You can send this card from your hand to the GY to target 1 Link Monster on the field; banish the monster(s) that monster points to until the next Standby Phase, also until the end of this turn, neither player can Normal or Special Summon monsters to the zones that monster points to.

Man I remember that stuff only vaguely... How you implemented it though is pretty clever.

In terms of usability, though, it seems a tiny bit unwieldy. It only triggers off a Link Summon which... I dunno. I feel it'd have better utility if it was just a quick effect discard that targets 1 Link monster and activates its effect that way. It allows you to hit non-Links summoned to a Link monster's zones and better hurts your opponent's over-commitment rather then passively stunning as it does.

...unless of course temporary nuisance was what you were after.

Man I remember that stuff only vaguely... How you implemented it though is pretty clever.

In terms of usability, though, it seems a tiny bit unwieldy. It only triggers off a Link Summon which... I dunno. I feel it'd have better utility if it was just a quick effect discard that targets 1 Link monster and activates its effect that way. It allows you to hit non-Links summoned to a Link monster's zones and better hurts your opponent's over-commitment rather then passively stunning as it does.

...unless of course temporary nuisance was what you were after.

Great suggestions, especially your points on limited utility. I've taken your suggestions and updated the card accordingly! I did want it to passively stun at first, but it felt kind of weak. Now, I'm sure it'll prove to be a contestant against other hand traps for Main/Side deck space to shut down Link plays effectively. 

Thanks, Tinker!

Archived