Let me explain: Unified Synchro Summon

ABC Gun

(I'm going to start explaining the concepts I introduce into the game B4 making cards about them so I can get people to understand them better)

​Ever since we got the Xyz Evolution mechanic and a little after Masked HEROES became competitive, I've from time to time thought about something; why didn't Synchro Monsters get an easy way to Summon themselves. Its not that Synchro Summoning is hard far from that but to date, we don't have any way of Synchro Summoning a Synchro Monster with only 1 material much like the Xyz Evolution mechanic. I know EVERYBODY and their mother used to love Accel Synchros because of how the anime sold it, but I do think Konami could have done better and made Synchos even faster than they already are.

RULES FOR UNIFIED SYNCHRO SUMMON:
● Unified Synchro Monsters DO NOT have listed materials.
● They have a Summon condition where it will always state for you to send exactly 1 face-up Synchro Monster you control to the GY with the same Level they have while you have a Tuner in your GY that was already used as a Synchro Material.
● This Special Summon is still treated as a Synchro Summon, so unless it says that it "Must be Special Summoned (from the Extra Deck) by..." then you can use other card effects to Special Summon that monster from the GY, while banished, or (on an off day) from the Spell & Trap Zone/Pendulum Zone after it was Summoned this way from the Extra Deck.

Much like how Xyz Evolution bypasses the need to use monsters with Levels as materials (except Zoodiacs), or how the Masked HEROES bypasses the need to use a minimum of 2 monsters as Fusion Materials (this also includes The Eye of Timaeus for Legendary Dragons), Unified Synchros bypass the need to add up Levels of Tuners and non-Tuners, instead they let you Synchro Summon a monster of the same Level as one you have on the field already by using that monster while having a Tuner in the GY that was used before as Synchro Material.

Hope you enjoy.

There's a lot of bad ideas at work here.

First off, this isn't anything new for the game. It's the concept of Rank-Up adapted for Synchro. That's... all it is. And you'd think that a free replace-summon monster is a bad idea, as the game has proven time and time again (coughcough Zoodiacs cough) that it totally is, but this is really just taking that idea and insisting it upon other areas. It's, frankly, just bad design as it's granting free value onto every monster.

Second off, why does this need a thread? No new cards or mechanics are actually introduced, and the game already has Synchro monsters that sport unconventional summoning mechanics. It's just a different way to summon, but it's not actually anything new for the game. It wouldn't deserve a new sub-type or type at all, it's just... a different summoning gimmick that, as stated above, isn't a good idea balance wise. And, frankly, there's nothing about it that's even hard to get. There's no new text, no new words being introduced, it's a mechanic that's actually just simple to get just by reading a card.

Even if it was its own card type, there's nothing here that even warrants it to be something else. It's like the whole silliness with Unions or Gemini's; nothing is being done to warrant making any sort of new type for it, it's just superfluous text tacked on to an effect that works just fine without that extra text.

There's a lot of bad ideas at work here.

First off, this isn't anything new for the game. It's the concept of Rank-Up adapted for Synchro. That's... all it is. And you'd think that a free replace-summon monster is a bad idea, as the game has proven time and time again (coughcough Zoodiacs cough) that it totally is, but this is really just taking that idea and insisting it upon other areas. It's, frankly, just bad design as it's granting free value onto every monster.

Second off, why does this need a thread? No new cards or mechanics are actually introduced, and the game already has Synchro monsters that sport unconventional summoning mechanics. It's just a different way to summon, but it's not actually anything new for the game. It wouldn't deserve a new sub-type or type at all, it's just... a different summoning gimmick that, as stated above, isn't a good idea balance wise. And, frankly, there's nothing about it that's even hard to get. There's no new text, no new words being introduced, it's a mechanic that's actually just simple to get just by reading a card.

Even if it was its own card type, there's nothing here that even warrants it to be something else. It's like the whole silliness with Unions or Gemini's; nothing is being done to warrant making any sort of new type for it, it's just superfluous text tacked on to an effect that works just fine without that extra text.

Can't wait to hear what you say about the new Link Summon gimmick; the "Super Link Sausage Summon". (that's not what Konami will name it but I think you know what I'm talking about).

​I just thought a 1 material Synchro Summon might be cool that's why I made this post, but in the future if I do this kind of thing again where I make a new Summon mechanic, I'll provide a mode for context, okay?

Archived