Trunade of Mass Devastation

Ultimagamer

( Normal Spell ) 

Destroy any number of cards you control, and if you do, return cards your opponent controls to your opponent's hand, up to the number of cards you destroyed by this card's effect. During your main phase ( quick effect ), you can banish this card from your GY, return 1 card you control to its owner's hand. You can only activate 1 "Trunade of Mass Devastation" effect per turn and only once that turn. 

It has a ton of potential because of the "any number" rather than "all/as many as possible". 

You trigger what you wanna trigger, doesn't care what cards or if face-up/down, and you keep what you wanna keep. It doesn't require you to have the board in an ideal shape to make it live without hindering you. On one hand FINALLY something triggers the old school "when destroyed" Traps consistently. On the other hand, it might be a bit much after you pop your 4 Yang Zings, bounce your opponent's field off, and make all your field float like it was part of a bunch of kids inside an IT movie.

The other effect is also nothing to sneeze at. I'd use it just for that part. Foolish Burial Goods or simply discard fodder or something else popping it will give me a quick effect that reuses Call of the Haunted or Fiendish Chain. It might be limited to your Main Phase, which is a pretty smart drawback IMO, but it is still a nice dodge from removal too.

All in all, the first effect worries me, but the second one is fine.

It has a ton of potential because of the "any number" rather than "all/as many as possible". 

You trigger what you wanna trigger, doesn't care what cards or if face-up/down, and you keep what you wanna keep. It doesn't require you to have the board in an ideal shape to make it live without hindering you. On one hand FINALLY something triggers the old school "when destroyed" Traps consistently. On the other hand, it might be a bit much after you pop your 4 Yang Zings, bounce your opponent's field off, and make all your field float like it was part of a bunch of kids inside an IT movie.

The other effect is also nothing to sneeze at. I'd use it just for that part. Foolish Burial Goods or simply discard fodder or something else popping it will give me a quick effect that reuses Call of the Haunted or Fiendish Chain. It might be limited to your Main Phase, which is a pretty smart drawback IMO, but it is still a nice dodge from removal too.

All in all, the first effect worries me, but the second one is fine.

I can see what you mean about the first effect being too strong, it could be changed to something more like 

( Normal Spell ) 

Destroy any number of cards you control, and if you do, return spell and trap cards your opponent controls to your opponent's hand, equal to the number of cards you destroyed by this card's effect. During your main phase ( quick effect ), you can banish this card from your GY, return 1 card you control to its owner's hand. You can only activate 1 "Trunade of Mass Devastation" effect per turn and only once that turn. 

I'm not going to directly review the card, but as its effect stands, Sleepy, any Yang Zings you destroy with its effect will not activate their effects. This is due to them being an optional When condition, and not mandatory or an If. Any other cards, such as Burning Abyss monsters or True Draco Spell/Traps, will activate.

Also, the effect says you can return cards up to the number of cards destroyed. This means I could destroy 3 of my Shaddolls for their effects, then bounce 1 card. The effect should be equal, and not optional. Either change it to a "...then return...", or simply use the destruction as cost.

Otherwise, a decent card. Definitely a lot better in some decks than others, but I know I would use it, and I use Deskbots.

Archived