Does an artist's/actor's personal actions affect how you view their work? (Kevin Spacey controversy)

Fusion X. Denver

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42009596

BBC has uncovered over 20 accusations against muh man Kevin Spacey that had been buried before

Safe to say he's done now

That's a career completely off the rails now.  You're right, he's done.  And it's a crying funking shame that he was able to keep this sheet under wraps for so long.  Glad these people finally came forward.

Yeah, that was a gross and bizarre headline to wake up to. I never would've thought he'd be involved in something like that, sounds like it was definitive evidence too. That's the first sorta high-profile case I've heard of outside Hollywood recently.

Not as important, but I feel like that'll impact the chances of RK getting an anime reboot. 

Not sure if this is appropriate here, but Zack Snyder's daughter, Autumn, committed suicide back in March. Since then, Zack Snyder made the decision to step down from Justice League, which was finished by Joss Whedon following some reshoots, albeit relatively minor ones that served more to trim the movie down under a certain running time, and add slightly more lighting.

This is more motivated by the fan response, but I've been sickened by seeing people wanting a Director's Cut of Justice League, blaming Whedon, Kevin Tsujihara, or Warner Bros. as a whole for "robbing" us off Zack Snyder's vision, but the calls for his vision treat Autumn Snyder's suicide as an afterthought, or even worse, an inconvenience. So I have a lot of sympathy for Zack Snyder and his whole family.

Not sure if this is appropriate here, but Zack Snyder's daughter, Autumn, committed suicide back in March. Since then, Zack Snyder made the decision to step down from Justice League, which was finished by Joss Whedon following some reshoots, albeit relatively minor ones that served more to trim the movie down under a certain running time, and add slightly more lighting.

This is more motivated by the fan response, but I've been sickened by seeing people wanting a Director's Cut of Justice League, blaming Whedon, Kevin Tsujihara, or Warner Bros. as a whole for "robbing" us off Zack Snyder's vision, but the calls for his vision treat Autumn Snyder's suicide as an afterthought, or even worse, an inconvenience. So I have a lot of sympathy for Zack Snyder and his whole family.

They robbed us of the Nolan version of DC, which was actually doing well

I'm not sure who is ragging on Snyder, but that's not what I've been hearing

More like they're ragging on everyone except Snyder. His daughter committed suicide, so he stepped down, so the film needed more editing before it could be finished. And yet, Autumn Snyder's suicide seems like it's treated as such a small part of that, to the point that I only see people vaguely describe "a tragedy in Zack Snyder's family", not mentioning what the tragedy was, or even saying her name.

Archived