[DPR] Quick-play Spell that changes another Spell/Trap into a MST.

Eshai

Lightningrod

Spell - Quickplay

When a Spell/Trap Card is activated: The activated effect becomes "Destroy 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls". You can only activate 1 “Lightningrod” per turn.

So yeah this is supposed to be negation without necessarily "negating" the card. One of my favorite cards is My Body as a Shield, which was used to negate stuff like Dark Hole and Mirror Force, but after Starlight Road it didn't see much play. Now Starlight Road isn't used AT ALL so yeah I made this. For starters, ignore the Artifact support. This is for DPR, which won't have existing archetypes. You can also screw with your own Spell/Traps to destroy a Spell/Trap your opponent controls, which is nice versatility.

Couple Weaknesses

• If you don't want to go minus then you have to control no other Spell/Traps. As we know from Solemn Scolding that is harder than it sounds for most Decks.
  • Not a Counter Trap so your opponent can negate it easier than say Dark Bribe
  • Hard OPT, although it would be cool if you could change your own Lightningrod with a Lightningrod. (will test)

I really don't like negation, although this seems a lot more fun, so I think the DPR should try making generics with this kind of negation instead, where you change the effect into something else (whether destroying your own cards or being detrimental for your opponent). Either way it's just a fun way of wording it. Idk, anyone have ideas for other kinds of cards you could make with this wording?

oh hai Artifact Durendal writ large.

Here's the thing-I love this card upon visualization, and would love to use it in stuff with Spell/Trap Cards that go off when your opponents destroy them-especially against Spell/Trap searches and/or destruction. 

BUT ESPECIALLY POT OF DESIRES. 

"looky here you've just sacked 10 cards for the privilege of destroying...my Cyberdark Reactor, which grants me a Future nuts to that, Overload Fusion. GG?" 

Seriously, that + Cyberdarks or Abyss Actors = profit. -OH GOD ABYSS ACTORS, CAN I SAY TIER BUMP?!

Quick Q, does this have a way to keep your opponent from targeting Lightningrod with the modified card effect, and if so, would you be open to putting in that contingency?

B'sides that, yeah, you've done Sylvio a world of good.

Lightningrod is chained to the activation, do it's sent to the GY before they get to destroy a Spell/Trap.

I am debating on nerfing it though, since it's a Spell that can negate Battle Traps during your Battle Phase, so you just don't Set Spell/Traps until your MP2 and get a free negate. Will probably restrict it to just Spells.

Archived