Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[DPR] Quick-play Spell that changes another Spell/Trap into a MST.

- - - - - #DPR DPR Generics My Body as a Shield Lightningrod Spell Quickplay Spell Quick-play Spell

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Advanced Members
  • 890 posts
    Last Visit Aug 16 2018 05:12 AM
  • Discord:CMEshai#4706

Lightningrod

Spell - Quickplay

When a Spell/Trap Card is activated: The activated effect becomes "Destroy 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls". You can only activate 1 “Lightningrod” per turn.

So yeah this is supposed to be negation without necessarily "negating" the card. One of my favorite cards is My Body as a Shield, which was used to negate stuff like Dark Hole and Mirror Force, but after Starlight Road it didn't see much play. Now Starlight Road isn't used AT ALL so yeah I made this. For starters, ignore the Artifact support. This is for DPR, which won't have existing archetypes. You can also screw with your own Spell/Traps to destroy a Spell/Trap your opponent controls, which is nice versatility.

Couple Weaknesses

• If you don't want to go minus then you have to control no other Spell/Traps. As we know from Solemn Scolding that is harder than it sounds for most Decks.
  • Not a Counter Trap so your opponent can negate it easier than say Dark Bribe
  • Hard OPT, although it would be cool if you could change your own Lightningrod with a Lightningrod. (will test)

I really don't like negation, although this seems a lot more fun, so I think the DPR should try making generics with this kind of negation instead, where you change the effect into something else (whether destroying your own cards or being detrimental for your opponent). Either way it's just a fun way of wording it. Idk, anyone have ideas for other kinds of cards you could make with this wording?

[background=transparent]Duelist Port Royal (link here):[/background][background=transparent] Will be making cards, archetypes, and hosting tournaments on the Duel-Portal. If you have good ideas, like creating card art, or you would just like to test your own cards in real gameplay on the Duel-Portal, feel free to PM me or contact us on the club page.
My DPR Generics
[/background]

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 890 posts

Bump?

[background=transparent]Duelist Port Royal (link here):[/background][background=transparent] Will be making cards, archetypes, and hosting tournaments on the Duel-Portal. If you have good ideas, like creating card art, or you would just like to test your own cards in real gameplay on the Duel-Portal, feel free to PM me or contact us on the club page.
My DPR Generics
[/background]

Black D'Sceptyr

Black D'Sceptyr

The Aspect-Advent Author

• Postseason Champion
  • 1,367 posts
    Last Visit Today, 12:32 PM
  • Discord:https://discord.gg/DzHf9s3

oh hai Artifact Durendal writ large.

Here's the thing-I love this card upon visualization, and would love to use it in stuff with Spell/Trap Cards that go off when your opponents destroy them-especially against Spell/Trap searches and/or destruction. 

BUT ESPECIALLY POT OF DESIRES. 

"looky here you've just sacked 10 cards for the privilege of destroying...my Cyberdark Reactor, which grants me a Future nuts to that, Overload Fusion. GG?" 

Seriously, that + Cyberdarks or Abyss Actors = profit. -OH GOD ABYSS ACTORS, CAN I SAY TIER BUMP?!

Quick Q, does this have a way to keep your opponent from targeting Lightningrod with the modified card effect, and if so, would you be open to putting in that contingency?

B'sides that, yeah, you've done Sylvio a world of good.

BDS's new TCG/OCG Card Grading Metric
BD'S' 10 Credos of Cardmaking
The Eternal Debate: Can another Duel Spirit turned Boss-in-Three go together with Yubel in harmony?

I mean, s'not like I'm wholly obsessed with the greatest antagonist in Yugioh history some random Duel Spirit or something...

Posted Image

Brought to you by The BlaDeS of Change Workshop, now also available on DeviantArt.

And remember kids...

In this world, overcome the odds one card at a time. EVERYONE STARTS AS SCRAP. S'up to you whether you forge it into the change you want to see or not.

Eshai

Eshai

It's pronounced "Eeshay"

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 890 posts
Lightningrod is chained to the activation, do it's sent to the GY before they get to destroy a Spell/Trap.

I am debating on nerfing it though, since it's a Spell that can negate Battle Traps during your Battle Phase, so you just don't Set Spell/Traps until your MP2 and get a free negate. Will probably restrict it to just Spells.
My DPR Generics
[/background]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users